Diablo® III

Farming Act4 vs butcher runs

Just wondering if anyone else is noticing this.
Farming Act 4 = lots of death, very slow grind through the elites. And you still get mostly junk. Occasionally, you get something that can go on the AH for like 100k... but each run takes like an hour and burns through 50k ish of repairs...

Butcher runs = 10min. All drops are junk, but pick up like 50k gold per run easy. !hours of butcher runs = ~300k. Which ends up been more than Act 4 farming...

I'm now reverting to just doing butcher runs cause it's easy and no risk. Also it's a steady income stream for me to buy stuff of AH =]
Reply Quote
Lots of "act 4" farmers are actually doing pony land, where there's act 4 gear at act 2 difficulty, lol. Millions of gold every hour ~_~
Reply Quote
I just go back and drag my friends through Hell at lightning speed. Made 200k from just acts 2 and 3, with the added bonus of being allowed to show off.
Edited by Valthan#1235 on 6/2/2012 7:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
06/02/2012 07:10 AMPosted by Valthan
I just go back and drag my friends through Hell at lightning speed. Made 200k from just acts 2 and 3, with the added bonus of being allowed to show off.

I don't like trashing people unless they deserve it, but that seems like a waste of resources. 200K for 2 acts? even blazing through mobs doesn't make up for the movement speed to progress through 2 acts.
Reply Quote
06/02/2012 07:11 AMPosted by Vindicatèd
at act 2 difficulty

Spoken like a true person who has not done inferno pony...

I was about to say... pony isnt that easy. half the time, i end up kiting one elite pack in the the next, then i get screwed over DP style...
Reply Quote
06/02/2012 07:11 AMPosted by Vindicatèd
at act 2 difficulty

Spoken like a true person who has not done inferno pony...

I farmed the hell out of that place more then most people.

http://i.imgur.com/VAHTY.jpg

Have more then 2400 hell/inferno essences from disenchanting drops there, that's not even counting the ones I used to craft stuff or items I vendor'ed. That place is a joke in terms of difficult. Takes like 20 minutes for a full clear of every mob in the zone while wearing +203% MF.
Reply Quote
can't see the pic, but what's your DPS? im only on ~60k now.. thats prolly why I can't clear it so easy yet...
Edited by Frosty#1754 on 6/2/2012 7:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
124k DPS with sharpshooter, roughly 60k without.
Reply Quote
yeah.. that explains it lol... i have 60k with ss, 34ish without...
I dont mind getting pwnt by angels and demons and stuff... but getting my !@# handed to me by things from my little pony ads just outright sucks...
Reply Quote
yeah.. that explains it lol... i have 60k with ss, 34ish without...
I dont mind getting pwnt by angels and demons and stuff... but getting my !@# handed to me by things from my little pony ads just outright sucks...

Yea, having half the dps would be pretty painful. 120k sharpshooter DPS is about what I found to be comfortable farming the zone, where I can do full clears with 2 or less deaths at a pretty good speed. I used to have 140k DPS, but slowly got more and more MF gear. I leave my Andarial helm and a couple other items in my bank now, since they don't have MF on them.
Reply Quote
I farmed the hell out of that place more then most people.

http://i.imgur.com/VAHTY.jpg

Have more then 2400 hell/inferno essences from disenchanting drops there, that's not even counting the ones I used to craft stuff or items I vendor'ed. That place is a joke in terms of difficult. Takes like 20 minutes for a full clear of every mob in the zone while wearing +203% MF.

Your stuff is insane, maybe you could help point me where the hell to go seeing as your net worth is 1000x mine.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]