Diablo® III

Steam help

View profile
So I am running my PC with an SSD and HDD. I'd like to have a couple of games on my SSD and the rest on my harddrive. Before my SSD crashed, I had one installation of steam on my SSD and one on my HDD which worked fine (a little inconvenient, but I'm not aware of any way around it.) I got my SSD back from RMA a while ago, installed steam on it, but never on my hard drive (when my SSD crashed I formatted my HDD and just started from scratch except for music files and game saves).

Now I want to get it back on my hard drive while keeping it on my SSD, and I can't for the life of my remember how I did it the first time. Simply copying the directory from one drive to the other gives me an error message that I need the directory in a place where I can write to when I try and launch from my HDD. Trying to just download and reinstall the client only gives me the repair and remove options.

What am I supposed to do here? Evidently I figured it out before, but I can't remember now. Or is there an easier way to do this without having to have 2 seperate directories, and I can just pick which drive games are installed to?

Thanks for the help. Sorry if that was confusing.
Reply Quote
What I did is make my default directory for Steam on my HDD, since having games on an SSD vs. a HDD doesn't make much of a difference really.
Reply Quote
In your Steam settings under the Downloads tab, click the bottom button called "Steam Library Folders." This allows you to create two (or more) different Steam install directories on two (or more) different drives.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]