Diablo® III

Blizzard. Stop Hotfixing Our Farm Spots.

Hell doesn't give you the items you need to beat A2 inferno. You can farm it for a thousand years and still be under-geared for A2 inferno, the difference is that great.

I farm specific spot in hell mode for gold, i make about 150k per hour and get to use all crappy gold find and magic find gear to do it.

I make about as much as you could make doing it in inferno, which requires actual gear to do, and a lot more effort.

It doesn't matter if anything good drops or not because that gold goes towards buying better gear for inferno, so yeah it's more than worth it, and it's easy, and you don't have to pay attention and can watch a movie or something while you do it.

So you didn't farm the gear, you farmed gold to use the AH.

Now, consider for a second where the gear on the AH came from for you to buy. It didn't come from Hell, it came from Inferno...from classes that were originally broken (Force Armor Wizard, for example) getting early graces on the gear there. It's circular.

There is a problem. People who think there isn't are either trying to argue against it to make themselves look 1337 ("Oh, I completed Inferno fine, you jez not got the skillz, dawg") or are burying their heads in the sand.

It was stated by Blizz you'd need to farm Hell to gear up for Inferno. People accepted that and thought it was a good idea. The problem is that it simply isn't true.
Reply Quote
06/05/2012 04:32 AMPosted by Rancilk
That's such a huge contradiction, hell is more effort than inferno? wtf are you on?

It's just a weak grammatical structure. What he's saying is that it's easier for him to do it as he does in Hell than it would be for you to do it in Inferno.
Reply Quote
06/05/2012 04:34 AMPosted by Gunblade
I hope they hotfix all goblins/chest spawn runs. They are boring and it would suck if those wouldd be the best ways to farm items.

I agree, but it should be done after balancing the difficulty out.

The sheer fact people are still using Tyrael to farm items for them is a good indication things are not as they should be :).

Don't get me wrong, on an average stroll through Inferno I have no issues. I would literally NEVER die (can't say the same for melee though). But the second I run into an Elite/Champ pack there is pretty much a 25%+ chance I am dead. I don't really have a say in it. Simply making me roll a die each time I reach a certain stage with anything below or equal to 2 resulting in death would be the same as what is currently in-game.
Edited by Aqueous#2403 on 6/5/2012 4:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Farm hell then. Inferno should be hard, you have to WORK for those kills & those items. Not farm elites in infero with ease. Killin them takes skill, tactics, etc. You need to play smart, you can't just walk in there and slaughter things.

Either you're not actually on Inferno or you've got selective memory.

There are numerous Elite/Champ packs in Inferno that are IMPOSSIBLE TO KILL. It's not a question of being hard, they're unkillable. Also, whenever someone uses the verb "WORK" in a video-game I think alot of their argument immediately presents itself to the toilet.

Lastly, the ilvl of equipment on Hell is not as high as Inferno, so in short there are many items in Inferno you simply CANNOT GET in Hell.

If the loot was the same and Inferno was just done for the challenge, I'd agree with you, but since it is not, I do not.

there are no impossible to kill elites until act 3-4.

Everything before then can be killed no matter what they roll.
Reply Quote
So you don't want them hotfixing unintended farming methods, but you're insulting the people that missed them in testing?

What?

I know, right...
Reply Quote
I skimmed most of the replys, but I did see someone call WoW a grindfest. WoW wasn't developed by asians and it's been made far far far far far simpler because people like you who think it's a grindfest, thought it was a grindfest, so you're wrong. WoW is not a grindfest MMO, games like old school Everquest were.
Reply Quote

There are numerous Elite/Champ packs in Inferno that are IMPOSSIBLE TO KILL. It's not a question of being hard, they're unkillable. Also, whenever someone uses the verb "WORK" in a video-game I think alot of their argument immediately presents itself to the toilet.

Lastly, the ilvl of equipment on Hell is not as high as Inferno, so in short there are many items in Inferno you simply CANNOT GET in Hell.

If the loot was the same and Inferno was just done for the challenge, I'd agree with you, but since it is not, I do not.

Tell me how you kill a Fast, Vortex, Teleport, Invulnerable Minions accursed in Act 2. Good luck with that.

Let me just describe to you: accursed already move at 200% movement speed. That's their base movement speed. Fast will then double that to 400%. There is literally no way you can beat that combo as anything except a DH, it's simply another pack that must be "parked".

Every single Inferno guide out there involves parking Elite/Champ packs. Every single one.
Edited by Aqueous#2403 on 6/5/2012 4:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote

I farm specific spot in hell mode for gold, i make about 150k per hour and get to use all crappy gold find and magic find gear to do it.

I make about as much as you could make doing it in inferno, which requires actual gear to do, and a lot more effort.

It doesn't matter if anything good drops or not because that gold goes towards buying better gear for inferno, so yeah it's more than worth it, and it's easy, and you don't have to pay attention and can watch a movie or something while you do it.

Now, consider for a second where the gear on the AH came from for you to buy. It didn't come from Hell, it came from Inferno...from classes that were originally broken (Force Armor Wizard, for example) getting early graces on the gear there. It's circular.

There is a problem. People who think there isn't are either trying to argue against it to make themselves look 1337 ("Oh, I completed Inferno fine, you jez not got the skillz, dawg") or are burying their heads in the sand.

It was stated by Blizz you'd need to farm Hell to gear up for Inferno. People accepted that and thought it was a good idea. The problem is that it simply isn't true.

Yes, other people can farm inferno and I buy the gear that drops for them that they choose to sell.

Works fine.

If I wasn't a witch doctor, in a full set of pet based defense gear, I'd be there farming gear with them, but I'm not, and I won't be, until either they fix WD pets, or I farm enough gold to buy an entirely different set so I can be a demon hunter with poison dart, or I reroll a different class.
Reply Quote

Tell me how you kill a Fast, Vortex, Teleport, Invulnerable Minions accursed in Act 2. Good luck with that.

IDK, I'm a pet based WD, I can't even Start Act 2. I'm sure other classes could handle it.
Reply Quote

Yes, other people can farm inferno and I buy the gear that drops for them that they choose to sell.

Works fine.

If I wasn't a witch doctor, in a full set of pet based defense gear, I'd be there farming gear with them, but I'm not, and I won't be, until either they fix WD pets, or I farm enough gold to buy an entirely different set so I can be a demon hunter with poison dart, or I reroll a different class.

You completely miss the point.

The issue is that you relied on people getting the Inferno gear for you. However, the only reason those people were able to get it was because they rode the whirlwind of broken class mechanics.

Why am I even having to argue this? Are people too stupid just to see the inate issue? If you have a difficulty progression in a game and each subsequent difficulty jump requires a gear up, you put the gear in the previous difficulty not IN the difficulty you need the gear for. It's called Catch 22.
Reply Quote

IDK, I'm a pet based WD, I can't even Start Act 2. I'm sure other classes could handle it.

So wait.

You just TOLD me:

And then you told me:

So how exactly do you substantiate your first quote when you haven't even attempted said elite packs? You're sure other classes could handle it based on...what, exactly?

Each class can handle something another class can't generally, very true, but the point still remains that about 1/4 to 1/3 of packs will be impossible to any given class. What affixes those packs have will be different but the problem remains the same.

I'm currently half-way through Act 3, and I'm progressing steadily. However, I CAN tell you that there are numerous packs that are literally unbeatable along the way. How I progressed was simply by "pulling" those packs away from the path I needed to take to progress in the storyline, which is known as "parking". This is a staple tactic for anyone going through Inferno, it is literally required to progress.
Edited by Aqueous#2403 on 6/5/2012 4:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote

No, you're wrong. Inferno Act 2 in the Shadow Realm I got ghosts that spawned with Fast/Firechains/Shielding/Vortex.

A: The base monster is lame. It phases and becomes untargetable, much like Lacuni Stalkers.

B: You can't bottleneck them because they fly over terrain.

C: They're Shielding as well as spamming their 2-3 second untargetable phase.

D: Vortex into the Firechains whoo hoo.

And this is far from the only example of unkillable packs. How about Invincible Minions/Fast/Waller/Jailer Snakes?

Or maybe Shielding/Extra Health/Frozen/Teleport Dervishes, who already take reduced damage while whirlwinding.
Reply Quote

No, you're wrong. Inferno Act 2 in the Shadow Realm I got ghosts that spawned with Fast/Firechains/Shielding/Vortex.

A: The base monster is lame. It phases and becomes untargetable, much like Lacuni Stalkers.

B: You can't bottleneck them because they fly over terrain.

C: They're Shielding as well as spamming their 2-3 second untargetable phase.

D: Vortex into the Firechains whoo hoo.

And this is far from the only example of unkillable packs. How about Invincible Minions/Fast/Waller/Jailer Snakes?

Or maybe Shielding/Extra Health/Frozen/Teleport Dervishes, who already take reduced damage while whirlwinding.

Read his subsequent post, he's still on Act 1.

Also I got the exact same combo on those guys in the Shadow Realm and yes it's undoable: you forgot one thing as well!

E: They move about 200-250% your speed at base so with Fast they move at 400-500%. Combine that with the fact they "circle" you and that means you will constantly be "in between" each of the mobs, therefore getting hit by Fire Chains all the time.
Edited by Aqueous#2403 on 6/5/2012 4:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Death Knight
Farm hell then. Inferno should be hard, you have to WORK for those kills & those items. Not farm elites in infero with ease. Killin them takes skill, tactics, etc. You need to play smart, you can't just walk in there and slaughter things.

Man, you know nothing of what you are talking about, do us all a favor, and yourself, !@#$.
Reply Quote

Works fine.

You completely miss the point.

The issue is that you relied on people getting the Inferno gear for you. However, the only reason those people were able to get it was because they rode the whirlwind of broken class mechanics.

Why am I even having to argue this? Are people too stupid just to see the inate issue? If you have a difficulty progression in a game and each subsequent difficulty jump requires a gear up, you put the gear in the previous difficulty not IN the difficulty you need the gear for. It's called Catch 22.

I see the issue just fine, I'm just saying there's nothing wrong with just going to hell and farming gold to buy them. It works right now, if you can't farm them in Inferno, buy them from the people who can. Nothing wrong with Hell farming for gold.
Reply Quote
06/05/2012 04:41 AMPosted by D3S
Lol, exploiters. What a sad bunch.

Lol, guy who missed out on the ez farming because he's either too uptight or just not in Inferno yet.

It's always you casual noobs who ruin the real Diablo player's fun. At its core, Diablo is about farming loot, and when Blizzard goes ahead and nerfs all the places to farm loot, why am I even playing?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]