Diablo® III

Diablo 3 Add-Ons and Tools

im taking some programming classes right now and rather enjoy coding i was woundering if anyone would like to team up and work on some possible tools to help out the player communitys and add-ons like damage calculators, drop rate calculators, character building applications the possibilities are endless really.
Reply Quote
i use the visual studio 2010 ultimate edition for the time being but when my trail runs up im switching back to professional
Reply Quote
i was more or less looking at outside of game calculators mainly as useful tools to help novice players learn how to best build their toons or get a rough estimet on how long they would have to farm for a specific peice of loot
Reply Quote
I have some knowledge with VS2010 mostly with VB but i know a bit of C#. Gimme a yell if theres something i might be able to help with.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
If they did allow add-ons, I'd love to see English translation subtitles for those stuck with an alternate language edition.
Reply Quote
I don't know is it possible but addons like outfitter would be most helpful
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
They won't be allowed, this isn't an MMO. 3rd party programs are a big no-no.

Edit: Unless you mean out of game calculators and such.

So...why are addons a "no-no" if it's something simple like WoW's Auctioneer? If I've already paid the money for the game, I should be allowed to tweak it how I want within reason. If I buy a car, I can add a multi-disc CD changer if I want. If I buy a McDonald's Big Mac, I can remove the pickles if I want. So since I bought a digital copy of Diablo 3, I should be allowed to add on something like Auctioneer if I want. It doesn't change the gameplay in the least, it just changes the way I interact with the auction house.
Reply Quote
88 Human Mage

So...why are addons a "no-no" if it's something simple like WoW's Auctioneer? If I've already paid the money for the game, I should be allowed to tweak it how I want within reason. If I buy a car, I can add a multi-disc CD changer if I want. If I buy a McDonald's Big Mac, I can remove the pickles if I want. So since I bought a digital copy of Diablo 3, I should be allowed to add on something like Auctioneer if I want. It doesn't change the gameplay in the least, it just changes the way I interact with the auction house.

yes, it doesn't change the game in any way...until you start using the gold you've made to buy all the best gear in the game from Inferno while you're still on Normal. granted you likely wouldn't be able to use it yet...but then what's the point in playing the game at that point when all the hard work has been done for you? both through other people's work of finding the items and the work of the addon telling you what to buy and what to sell it at?

and then there's the possibility of people using such an addon for the real money auction house. "hmm...how much real money should i make today?" yeah...cause that would be fair and fun...
Reply Quote
haha went way over your hed what im talking about is a stnd alone application dude lol it would have a database of ingame items and possible traitfs and characters and levels and skills bassed on level its for planning out a toon more or less
Reply Quote
87 Tauren Shaman
Software does not work the same as your car. You do not own the software. You purchase the right to use that software. I am not disagreeing with you, but your analogy of software to a car/big mac is not quite true. You cant put a stereo in your rental car!!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Auction BOTs suxxors. It is unpleasant enough that one can not sort the data in game with any usefulness. Just think of how wonderful it will be when you finally find that perfectly priced set of boots that have just posted. You peer at the description to be sure the stats are what you want. You then slide the mouse over the Buyout button and *click*; only to discover some one has been running a BOT to watch for that 'string name' and buy it out if the price threshold is low. Not so it will improve their game in any way, just so they can re-post in the Auction House for a much higher price or different currency.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
I would be happy with a simple printable two page character sheet with gear info. So when I am hunting in the AH I can better track my toon's needs. There is a comparative popup bubble that shows up when you look at items, but only for the toon you are actively searching for. if you change the toon in the pull down the list resorts. It is highly unlikely that Blizzard will want the headache of creating a useful and printable character sheet for a player's toons. Perfect ground for an external third party app. It is a shame the graphics would probably be a bit of an issue tho.
Reply Quote
there are a few things i would like to see... one being a real dps meter... just to see who is really working and whos a baddie.... the show you what your potential dps is in your hero screen but th wanna see what it really ramps up to be... also i would like to see what all of my hits do dmg wise and how much dmg i take when i get hit... something like Miks scrolling battle text addon... if i am a nub and they already have something like this let me know i just really wanna see my performance numbers... i do see the problem with allowing 3rd prty addons as far as AH goes especially with the real money AH
Reply Quote
this is my first post! i just signed in to say i totally agree.

DIABLO DEFIANTLY NEEDS A TARGET DUMMY (with stats).
Reply Quote
I would just like to have the option to expand the chat. So I if see somebody post something for trade it doesn't go away after I blink and all i see is spam from gold farmers.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
would be nice to have a anti-spam addon
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman

I think he meant, exp. damage meters and such
Reply Quote

If you want something for this game in particular....just suggest it to blizzard...and I dont mean "make it so we can have macros and addons" what I mean is to suggest that blizz put something simular to gear swapping like it has in wow. There wont be any player made addons, just get over it....and if you try to circumvent that system I hope you get banned.

there are a lot of addons that are useful other than macros...how about a damn parser, i just can't believe these games haven't caught onto this by now, I want to know whose pulling there weight and I want to make it possible to know i'm putting out max dps. sure if they give us an integrated parser then yea, screw the addons but i don't see that happening any time soon for any game outside of things like addons.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]