Diablo® III

I thought Trade Windows were secure

So, I just traded with this guy isconfusing#1156. I put my money in the trade window and he put up an andariel's visage. We both hit accept, somehow he gets my gold and I get nothing. I'm not an idiot and I don't know how this happened as I always wait to trade to make sure what I want is in the window. All I can figure is the guy was using some sort of 3rd party program. Blizzard should look into this because I lost a lot of gold that will take quite a bit of time to recoup. Trust me this was't some sort of visual error on my part.
Reply Quote
Apparently, I am hearing this is a trade bug that you can swap out items after another player hits accept, Blizzard you need to fix this, that scammer literally is stealing from people.
Reply Quote
Exact same thing happened to me, I'm out 1.6M. I've emailed hacks@blizzard.com and opened a ticket.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the heads up. That's a huge flaw :|
Edited by Rawri#2395 on 6/5/2012 10:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I fell to his scam today. I dont know if this has been reported. But it just happened to me. I got scammed by a new bug, i traded with him, then he got my money, and i did not get his item. He initiated a trade window , i put my money up, he clicked ok then i clicked ok. the Trade got cancelled. At first I did not feel suspicious, but we keep trying few times and it keep happening. Eventually he waypointed away, then come back, do the trade, he put up the helm, i put up my gold, i click ok, then he got my money, and i did not get the item. His battle tag is isconfusing#1156. Please feel free to check up on the Log. This is clearly a new exploit that happened to me. I hope blizzard would look into the this and restore my 2 million gold back from the LOG.

It clearly breached how the game supposes to work. I did the same thing, wait for the window having the money, then he accepted, i accepted. the trade got CANCELLED, money with me, item back with him. He kept doing it few times, he said wtf, went to waypoint and ported away, came back, do the trade again and this time my my GONE, no item. I mean if he keep doing it on rampant, this means blizzard obviously does not care about the bug and it's legit. It sad to see, with the real money auction coming, this is as good as a real life scamming. And if he is being let off to predate around, i suppose there is no more beauty in this game, people working hard for gold , get scammed by the loopholes or bugs by the game. If i got scammed by my own negligence or stupidity, i can accept it, but he is obviously exploiting the bugs so BRAZENLY.
Reply Quote
About 5 people have been scammed by the same guy tonight. Maybe a mod will take notice. Open a ticket about it, i'ma tell everyone to do the same.
Reply Quote
Yep open tickets, the guy will likily be banned since it's exploiting and not just people being stupid.
Reply Quote
Help others out, if you see him in general chat, call him out. I've done so.

Also, you guys use the AH!!
Reply Quote
It clearly breached how the game supposes to work. I did the same thing, wait for the window having the money, then he accepted, i accepted. the trade got CANCELLED, money with me, item back with him. He kept doing it few times, he said wtf, went to waypoint and ported away, came back, do the trade again and this time my my GONE, no item. I mean if he keep doing it on rampant, this means blizzard obviously does not care about the bug and it's legit.

There is actually a video of this guy trying to scam someone else but he failed.

The problem isn't that the item is taken away after you accept.

Works like this....

The trade "fails" repeatedly when this idiot hits cancel. This causes you to get anxious.

By the 4th or 5th attempt, you type in the money, he clicks accept without ever putting anything in for the trade. He uses your impatience against you.

It's a pretty !@#$ed up thing to do and I hope he gets banned for it but if you watch the video, you can clearly see what he's doing. It's not a bug, it's a jackass.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5633976933?page=1
Edited by Twentytwo#1157 on 6/7/2012 3:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
He didn't break any rules or do anything illegal.

You only have your own greed to blame.
Reply Quote
David, your battletag wouldn't be isconfusing#1156, by any chance?
Reply Quote
Report scammers/hackers at Blizzard's Hacks Report page:
http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/submit/hacks.html

Get as much info as you can, select Diablo 3 as the game and "Player Exploiting" as the type.

I don't understand why trading even exists. Remove trading, increase the AH limit from 10 to 30 or so. When you want to trade items at no cost with friends, just throw it on the ground like most people do.

Archaic systems are archaic. ArenaNet gets it. (GW2)
Edited by zen#1407 on 6/7/2012 3:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Dude, you guys really need to smarten up and wait for him to click accept first. That way you are much, much less likely to get played.
Reply Quote
Was it a guy with the name, "neo" attached to his battletag? I saw him posting something to sell and people kept warning everyone that he did just that. Scammed..
Reply Quote
This guy is a known scammer in the trade forums. Blizzard will do nothing, causing more and more people to do it.
Reply Quote
Was it a guy with the name, "neo" attached to his battletag? I saw him posting something to sell and people kept warning everyone that he did just that. Scammed..

Being an old scam, once it hit the message board, you're going to see it a lot until Bliz cracks down. Not blaming the people posting. It's just a bit of a catch 22, can't inform everyone without also informing the idiots that would copycat it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]