Diablo® III

Monk or demon hunter?

86 Tauren Druid
Hey planning on playing with my friends to level and arena they are a monk and a barb. What would be better between monk and dh to do pvP and leveling with my friends? I'm quitting my wizArd and already have a 30 monk so between dh and monk what will groove better with my friends in pvp?
Reply Quote
Monk is best for leveling, but DH is best for inferno. For now.

Monk is more fun/challenging, DH is just easy.
Reply Quote
if they are both tanks you will have a lot of fun as a DH or any range. Sit back, let them tank and do what glass cannons do.
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Druid
What about from a pvp standpoint
Reply Quote

Monk is more frustrating, DH is just fun.

There I fixed that for you

lol but i agree with OMNI... Monk's are challenging to buildup but then again... i have not reached inferno yet to know..
Reply Quote
If you have a monk and barb already in a pvp group, a DH would make more sense IMO so then you have a tank, healing, and high dps ranged. But if you want to build a really good monk it's quicker to use a DH to farm later inferno acts to build up your gear. With a monk you can quickly get through act 1 inferno and farm it without much trouble. But without range the monk relies more on having great gear than a DH so I think it takes a lot longer to build up to be able to start farming later acts.
Reply Quote

Monk is more fun/challenging, DH is just easy.

This is false. As someone who has both a Monk and DH past act 1 inferno, i would argue DH is by far better at leveling, and takes much more skill to play effectively.

As for inferno, Monk is better if you have 5mil+ to spend on gear, but DH is better if you have a 1mil or less budget. As a DH expect to die ALOT in inferno(since 1 hit your dead) -- As a monk you shouldnt be dieing alot as long as your gear is ok.
Edited by Lostsage#1273 on 6/7/2012 11:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Druid
What about for arena with a barb n monk which is good is monk good with 2 mantras
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]