Diablo® III

Disconnected every 5-10 minutes since patch.

100 Blood Elf Paladin
I have been getting disconnected every 5-10 minutes since the patch was implemented as the title states. First, my latency is green and spikes into red when entering new zones. This didn't happen before. Second, I can tell I am about to disconnect because I will be walking (NOT FIGHTING ANYTHING) or in combat and all the sudden my companion stops following me or the enemies freeze up.

This has been posted several times now yet still not a blue to help.

I am currently in the process of reinstalling the game and will update on playability after.

Please reply with any help (YES THIS MEANS YOU BLIZZARD) or if you are experiencing the same problems.
Reply Quote
yes i am experiencing the exact same problem.. is there a blue post on this yet? I saw a announcement on the login screen of d3 but now its gone.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5149178443

This is the only blue post I found related. I don't think I have a micro-stuttering issue though.

Game is now reinstalled and I am still having the same problem.
Reply Quote
Yep, same problem here. Just made a thread for it.. didn't see this one. Still, maybe more threads about the same issue will garner a response?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Yes this game is unplayable and I have been having issues since the launch.

Need blue response.
Reply Quote
I have had lag since 1.02a or whatever, and disconnections have gone up. Never had a D/C before that. I just disconnected in A1 Inferno just moving. I have one of the best ISP, and one of the fastest connections and speeds in the U.S. My computer is not bad. I should be having ZERO issues.
This is a Blizzard problem. Fix it guys.
I love the game, thanks for all the hard work. But do not let it be for nothing when everybody keeps having these issues.
Reply Quote
I've had a lot of disconnects too.

Did you manage your router settings to see if that helps? You need to make sure 80, 1119, and 6881-6999 are open to Diablo III.

I just cycled my modem/router, updated the firmware on the router, and manually forwarded the ports and *fingers crossed* haven't had a DC since.
Edited by Oxyn#1523 on 6/3/2012 4:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
UPDATE:

Ok so after reinstalling I thought just maybe it could be a router related issue. I plugged my comp into a router instead of directly into the modem to see if that would help.

NOTHING HELPED
Reply Quote
Nothing is wrong with my router/modem settings, and I havnt had a D/C in the last hour. My issue must be from peak hours stress on the blizzard servers or something. To the rest of you, GL
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Yeah I have pretty much figured that absolutely nothing is wrong with my computer and I am probably causing it more harm than good by going through these ridiculous fixes.

Here's a concept: You buy a game, you go home and play it.

IS IT THAT HARD?

Blizzard address why I keep disconnecting, its very annoying approaching 60 and not being about to finish without restarting the quest every 10 minutes or rushing to a checkpoint.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
UPDATE:

I rolled back my video card driver.

IT DIDN'T WORK
Reply Quote
Need a Blizz network eng response.
Reply Quote
Had this issues the first week or so of launch and now it seems to be back since the last patch (or its just crazy busy traffic becasue its sunday evening but common you would think their servers could handle that). Anyways hope its resolved soon.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
UPDATE:

I have a Nvidia card and have changed the power settings.

IT DIDN'T WORK
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
UPDATE:

I disconnected once in the past hour. I was not in combat and it was about 30 seconds after rez. Latency is still spiking for no reason (ie out of combat)

Please, if you have any fixes / workarounds or if you are experiencing the same issue reply.

Again, this is a disconnect problem not a lock up the computer and have to restart. The game just kicks us back out into the hero screen only to resume quest at the last checkpoint.
Reply Quote
Same issue. I only play Hardcore. A little frustrating when you get disconnected in a battle. FIX THIS. SICK AND TIRED OF ERROR 3007 AND 3005.

A game of this caliber should not have bugs of this magnitude. Played small development games with better stability!!!!!!!!

I give up....Be back to the community in a month.
Blizz need to pull its head out of WOW's....@
Edited by SGM3#1711 on 6/3/2012 9:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I have seen the suggestions on putting this on a flash drive or a solid state drive. I do not have one of these accessible atm. Would an external hard drive with usb 2.0 suffice?
Reply Quote
I have had similar problems but i solved it by: Turning my Utorrent/bittorrent off hope this helps guys
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Neither of those programs are running. Thank you for the input.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]