Diablo® III

Crazy D3-related computer crashes are afoot

Im getting this issue to all of a sudden.

Checked drivers, updated them
Card isnt very old at all (4 months 560ti)

Gonna have to pull it out and re seat it and see if that is the issue.

Sigh
Reply Quote

Faxanadu,

I too have a x79 chipset board (gigabyte) and I was having random computer freezes while playing Diablo from 2 hours in too 5 seconds, I tried all workarounds on the forums and some other test on my own. Eventually I got my last option, check the BIOS version, and my version for the chipset was 3 version old and the version I had came out in January 2012, so I updated that and the damn thing runs smoother in everything and no more crashes in diablo! Something you might want to look into!

I have newest BIOS revision, I have recently updated Nvidia drivers. This seems to have fixed the problem so far.

*edit*
Nevermind, its still crashing, less frequently but still getting BSOD and/or crashes/freezes.
Sometimes with a really loud soundbite, ear piercing really. A high pitched squeal coming from my speakers.
Edited by Faxanadu#1818 on 6/19/2012 1:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Same problem here, card gtx280, This started to happen after patch 1.0.2 - v.1.0.2.9749 from 30.05.2012. Blizzard? HELLOOOOOOOOO?!

I cant play in diablo already cause this is nonsense, my 3 char on hardcore nightmare, dead, THANKS A LOT! JUST FIX THIS!!!

My computer work perfectly, I tried everything
Edited by BrutalDemon#2164 on 6/12/2012 8:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
please tell me how would i update my BIOS version? if this is helping you this may as well be worth a shot so please respond ASAP I NEED TO PLAY THIS GAME ='[
Reply Quote
So I've been having this problem. I have a Sony VAIO laptop with a NVidia Geforce GT 330M. My wife has the exact same computer and has no problems whatsoever with D3. Meanwhile, I was able to get a character up to 60 and just after 60 I started getting crashes (black screen, have to hard restart) about 5 minutes into every game. This only happens with D3, and my chips are at ~60C.

Downloading new drivers now, we'll see if that helps.

UPDATE: Downloading new drivers solved this problem for me.
Edited by Xejon#1790 on 6/14/2012 6:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Urgh... game crashes each 5-20 mins for no apparent reason. I'm running on a Phenom II X6, with 4GB RAM and an ATI Radeon HD 5770. I can play Witcher 2 with good settings no problem, skyrim as well. D3 seems to be the only game causing trouble...
Reply Quote
Same problem here, card gtx280, This started to happen after patch 1.0.2 - v.1.0.2.9749 from 30.05.2012. Blizzard? HELLOOOOOOOOO?!

I cant play in diablo already cause this is nonsense, my 3 char on hardcore nightmare, dead, THANKS A LOT! JUST FIX THIS!!!

My computer work perfectly, I tried everything

I have the exact same Card.. Ive noticed this issue since I tested the BETA and it still hasnt been corrected. Adjusting the Frames Per Second in the options seemed to help for a while... Until this most recent patch. Now im back to Black Screen Flashes every few minutes
Edited by Belgarius#1628 on 6/16/2012 4:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/12/2012 07:21 PMPosted by Delzium
please tell me how would i update my BIOS version? if this is helping you this may as well be worth a shot so please respond ASAP I NEED TO PLAY THIS GAME ='[

If you dont know how I would reccommend you bring it somewhere. If you mess up during an update your computer will be a paperweight
Reply Quote
Im getting the same problem too it started 2 days ago. Adjusting the FPS didnt worked for me, ill try updating my drivers. I have a geforce 460 GTX (i think its people with nvidea card who are having trouble)

Other games never did that to me cept WoW in november 2010 when i bought my computer, i thought it was a card problem and since it was new i asked to get a new one for free and it was fixed after that. I played other game with no problem, recently playing Tera and GW2 beta without any problem but in D3 it crash alot.

Really hope i dont have to change my card.
Reply Quote
Im getting same problem as well, but I can task manager and manual close d3. Rest of comp stays fine.

i7core 8 gigs ram, ATI rad 6770

LOST MY F*CKIN HC CHAR BECAUSE OF THIS :( You guys think blizz would even bother if i put a request in for a restore? This is completely their fault, not at all mine.
Reply Quote
I know your pain bro, Blizz just screwed optimizations of these cards, more and more people from one day to have these problems, let Blizz finally do something!
Reply Quote
I have the exact same problem. it occurs randomly while i play..my game gets frozen, then the black screen kicks in for couple of seconds and after that its playable again. The thing is i dont know when its gonna happen and i had lots of deaths during the boss encounters because of that. It just drives me nuts. I have tryed everything but nothing helps. Besides that my computer is working great .. basicly i can play every other game so graphic card or processor is not the problem in this case. Blizz please do smth about it already!!!!
Reply Quote
yeah strange that these bsod's started when diablo was installed... same here i have an ati card.
I DEFINATELY think its the drm. the coincidence is too big: fine before diablo: no bsod. then diablo installed and BAM bsod, and the reason i think its the DRM is becaus the bsod's persist even when diablo is not active. I have made several support tickets but i get no support whatsoever.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
I've been getting these issues since around 2 patches ago, Nvidia 560 Ti

I don't get any artifacting, but my PC crashes flat out. This only happens when running D3 and the card isn't over-heating to my knowledge, I've been monitoring it pretty closely. I've tried numerous other games, but running D3 is the only time the crashes happen.

Very frustrating and I didn't have these issues on release.
Reply Quote
Hey! I had 5-10 min crashes problems since last update with my ATI radeon HD 5770, I tried the ATI hotfix, it didn't work (pretty normal since it wasn't even intended for that graphic card).

Then I read about a successful fix by getting the Catalyst 12.1 drivers. I tried that and it worked! I played 4 hours non stop without any problems.

Hope it works for other people as well.

EDIT: erm... certainly improved, but crashed again several times.... like each 15-20 mins
Edited by Kebabsoup#2796 on 6/18/2012 11:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Same problem. Very rare at first and now ALL THE TIME! ><

Macbook Pro
8MB RAM
quad core
Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB

i've tried every suggestion on the internet. It's gotta be the game.
Reply Quote
I'm also having this problem it keeps happening to me once in evry 2 days. I have an nvidia 8800 gt, I play starcraft 2 and it works fine. Can anyone help us? I've lowered the max fps to 90. I enabled low FX and also enabled vertical syncs and it still keeps happening. This didnt happen in the first week when I played this game.
Reply Quote
Blizzard, are you going to fix this in the upcoming patch? Please let us know.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]