Diablo® III

Shouldn't wiz just stack armor?

Lol no
That would be able to tank a few minor hits but smal mobs. Anything big will still hit you at 40K dmg in act 3 and 4

Then how am I not dying to things even with 200 resist 2600 armor and 30k hp?....

EDIT: I just logged in to check.

I got 47% DR from armor, 44% from phys resist. And the mobs at start of act4 hit me for 26-28k. I went in and tried 5 times. (Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/XNmqq.jpg).

That means if I had 0 armor it would hit me for 28k / 0,53 = 52.8k dmg.
If I also had 0 resist it would have hit me for 52.8k / 0,56 = 94k dmg.

So without resist the first act4 mobs hit for 94k dmg. With the tank build I suggested that would be 94k * 0,2 * 0,2 = 3,7k dmg.

Please correct me if my math is wrong.

If my math is correct the tank build I mentioned could tank ac4 fairly easy. Even the opressor charge that does 220k with 0 armor/resist would only do around 8k dmg to you. Which is nothing with 75k hp.

Because your arent in Inferno act2+ bro
Reply Quote
i only used it as an example, lets take a more realistic achievable test

going from 0 - 10% armor saves u 10% damage effectively, going from 50 - 55% also saves u 10% damage effectively

and i believe the armor required to get from 0 - 10% is the same as 50 - 55%? getting too sleepy to do math now.....
Reply Quote

Then how am I not dying to things even with 200 resist 2600 armor and 30k hp?....

EDIT: I just logged in to check.

I got 47% DR from armor, 44% from phys resist. And the mobs at start of act4 hit me for 26-28k. I went in and tried 5 times. (Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/XNmqq.jpg).

That means if I had 0 armor it would hit me for 28k / 0,53 = 52.8k dmg.
If I also had 0 resist it would have hit me for 52.8k / 0,56 = 94k dmg.

So without resist the first act4 mobs hit for 94k dmg. With the tank build I suggested that would be 94k * 0,2 * 0,2 = 3,7k dmg.

Please correct me if my math is wrong.

If my math is correct the tank build I mentioned could tank ac4 fairly easy. Even the opressor charge that does 220k with 0 armor/resist would only do around 8k dmg to you. Which is nothing with 75k hp.

How about you actually look at the screenshot I posted? If you do not recognize Act4 from that screenshot I think you should remove your comment before it gets embarrassing.
Reply Quote

How about you actually look at the screenshot I posted? If you do not recognize Act4 from that screenshot I think you should remove your comment before it gets embarrassing.

Good Lord you'r building a "White mobs" tank build? Sorry I didnt know that.
Reply Quote

Went up to act4 elite. Tried 3 times. Highest hit was 76k. Same math as before means that hit will do 10k dmg on the tank setup. You could use Diamond skin to absorb 3 of those hits without a problem, before even starting to lose your 75k hp.

Say what ThunderKing?
Edited by Dushatar#1598 on 6/4/2012 8:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote

and i believe the armor required to get from 0 - 10% is the same as 50 - 55%? getting too sleepy to do math now.....

No Fangie that is incorrect.

350armor would be about 10% reduction
going from 50-55% would take closer to 1000 armor, not 350
Reply Quote
Can you use diamond skin before popping archon? That would seem to be OP, at least for a few seconds. Although, if anything actually needs to be tanked, theres a good chance the fight is going to last longer than you'll be able to stay in archon form.
Reply Quote
At a mathetical point of view, yes, armor has diminishing returns. Else you would be able to take 0 damage.

At a practical one, every point of armor is stronger than the last.

If you already reduce damage by 90% the next 5% will actually cut the damage in half.
Reply Quote
And Archon gives another 40% to armor/resist.

Imagine a mage going all out on all resist and armor on every item. Then using prismatic armor and Archon.

He would have 105% armor and 80% resists.

EDIT: Not saying this is a viable build, but Id love to see it.

I do this all the time. Up to 13k armor and 1400 physical resistance, it's fun. Did it with a Barb on co-op too, even cooler, 1750 Physical Resistance and 14k armor.
Reply Quote

Went up to act4 elite. Tried 3 times. Highest hit was 76k. Same math as before means that hit will do 10k dmg on the tank setup. You could use Diamond skin to absorb 3 of those hits without a problem, before even starting to lose your 75k hp.

Say what ThunderKing?

Post a video or it didnt happen.
Reply Quote
2 Blood Elf Priest
Post a video or it didnt happen.

Post a video proving otherwise instead of trolling.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]