Diablo® III

Help Comparing Graphics Card

My inherited computer shows that it has a ATI Radeon HD 4800 series card, no specific model. I have a Asus GeForce GTX 550 Ti in the box (http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-550ti/specifications). The memory for each is the same, but I cant figure out if the performance will vary between the two.

Any help out there to try and figure it out.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
550 Ti will be an marginal upgrade from 4800 series. In other words, not worth your money.
Reply Quote
I have them both either way, just curious if its worth the effort of a swap.
Reply Quote
06/05/2012 03:47 PMPosted by BryanLaw
I have them both either way, just curious if its worth the effort of a swap.

considering it takes about a minute or so to swap I don't see why not. I think the 550 card will run hotter though based on my experience w/ the fermi cards.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I would consider selling it instead for the full price if it's still new in the box.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
The 4870 and 4890 were BEASTS when they were new. I got a 4870 in 2008, and it was still running decently until about 6 months ago when I finally upgraded. The main reason I wanted to upgrade was for DX11 support, not due to any performance issues.

I stuck it in a system I built out of leftover parts for a guildy back in December. It still runs WOW and D3 on pretty high settings. My roommate is still using a 4890 he got at about the same time.
Reply Quote
The 4800 series is very good. The 550 Ti won't be too much of an upgrade; sell it instead.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]