Diablo® III

Botters ruining the economy already.

...but a good start but would be the severe nerfing of royal crypts so you can't farm 700k gold an hour there.

Theres a typical diablo style nerf, make it so unless you are botting you wont be able to earn any gold.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Actually, you don't need a bot to do that.

There's a place in the game which allow you to just stand there and collect tons of money by using proper gear(GF,Throns,Pick radius).

If you enjoy 100k an hour. Run around and have some fun, you'll make more than that
Reply Quote
I've been manual farming crypts and I'm not getting anywhere near 700k an hour. if that was the case I'd sit down when the servers are back up and by that time the next day I'd have enough gold to build my barb. Then I'd never have to farm crypts again.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
06/06/2012 05:23 AMPosted by FlamingTP
I've been manual farming crypts and I'm not getting anywhere near 700k an hour. if that was the case I'd sit down when the servers are back up and by that time the next day I'd have enough gold to build my barb. Then I'd never have to farm crypts again.

600k an hour here
Reply Quote
When is Blizzard going to take action against the bots who are already ruining the economy? See the royal crypts farming bot that is netting some people 700k gold per hour, per character. Some people are using several accounts and earning close to a hundred million gold from 24 hours of botting.

I'm not naming the bot because i don't want to advertise it, but a good start but would be the severe nerfing of royal crypts so you can't farm 700k gold an hour there.

Oh, and banning accounts and removal of the botted gold. One can only dream though.

Tell me again why Blizzard would nerf their own real money income?

Look at from their P.O.V.

Botters buy multiple accounts. = WIN

Botters drive up the Gold Price on the AH. = WIN (see below)

Casuals turn to RMAH since they can't afford anything on the Gold AH. = WIN (Remember that 15% cut they get?)

Oh can't forget about the player base (dont want more people quitting then playing....game is still new after all alot of sucke..er players left) so Blizzard does a "round" of Account bans. = WIN

Botters buy more accounts, Rinse and repeat.

The only looser is the player, move along, nothing to see here, everything is

>>> "Working as intended."<<<

Blizzard $Millions, Botters $Thousands, Real Fans -9000 & $60.
Edited by Lightbender#1805 on 6/6/2012 5:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
06/06/2012 05:22 AMPosted by Tiriden
If you enjoy 100k an hour. Run around and have some fun, you'll make more than that

Nope, I will never play like that.

But some people will definitely do that when they are sleeping or working.

p.s. I think kicking pots in Act 4 and Tyrael should be fixed earlier.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
Actually it would be in Blizzards best interest to ban these botters. They would have to buy another game to continue botting. If blizzard did it right they could make a fortune off banning botters. Just give every botter a few months to make enough money to recoup their losses on buying the game and make a little profit. Then ban. Botter company buys new games and the process starts over.
Reply Quote
View profile
Hello, ex-diablo 2 botter here

I wanted to clear some misinformation in this thread. I am ashamed of my past botting and hacking. I am now legit and have been legit since 2008. I have had many accounts banned. Do not think that players with bots do not get banned. They do and they will. Blizzard uses a shotgun approach to botting, especially in the diablo series. The thing is cd keys are cheap so they can constantly refresh their lost accounts. Dont be fooled by blizzards seemingly lack of banning. They do ban. Only thing is that botters have a lot of cdkeys at their disposal.

Inb4 someone says i still bot and reports me xD
Reply Quote
how do u farm that much in royal crypts?
Reply Quote
Please nerf my single player game even more so there are less lucrative farming spots in the game. No I am not a botter, but people seem to forget that this is not an MMO and is not in constant need of nerfs.

If anything the loot tables on the four acts of Inferno need a re balancing and THAT is what people should be complaining about. If you actually had loot in each of the four acts that helped you progressed to the next subsequent act in an efficient fashion, you would not have this issue you have now with the exorbitant AH prices.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
06/05/2012 06:49 PMPosted by Sinister
'm not naming the bot because i don't want to advertise it, but a good start but would be the severe nerfing of royal crypts so you can't farm 700k gold an hour there.

Sure that'd be great, especially for those of us who play the game as it was meant to be played, don't use bots/addons/etc and for those of us that struggle through specific areas while trying to find enough funds to upgrade gear, repairs, potions and whatnot. Please, by all means, swing the nerfbat at something that doesn't need changed.

06/05/2012 06:49 PMPosted by Sinister
Oh, and banning accounts and removal of the botted gold.

This would be a more viable solution than any other you've outlined. But, they'll just be back in 10mins with a new account/name/battle#.
Reply Quote
if you literally just pop on gold farm gera and run around act 1 inferno you are getting some ridiculously tasty gold. There should be easier ways to detect bots, like the average time it takes a player to make an action. Because computers will be so much faster or more consistent than a player. There are ways to write programs around this but at least make it a pain in the !@# for these people. Or at least have some sort of background software to interrupt this stuff. When i log onto trade in america all i see is spams from gold farmers.

And the sad part is, before the game was released i EXPECTED to log onto trade and see spams from gold farmers. Do us all a favor and limit our playing to our own region or do SOMETHING to deter these people from ruining the america server.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
> WILD ACCUSATIONS ABOUT SOMETHING I DID NOT RESEARCHED PROPERLY

> NUMBERS I HAVE NO DATA ON

> NO SORT OF PROOF

> SOURCE IS UNKNOWN/NOT MENTIONED

> WALL OF TEXT TRYING TO CONVINCE I'M TELLING THE TRUTH

> RANDOM COMMENTS SAYING IS BS/TRUE

oh these forums had better days~
Reply Quote
Got da say... Kind of hate seeing general chat full of spams advertising 1000k gold for 13 dollars lol I hated to join a game in diablo 2 and my whole game turn into spam of chat while i spam the N key lol.
Reply Quote
It's tricky to balance things so botters don't have too much of an advantage but not screw players over.

Nerf things too much - everyone gets hurt, and the botters will still bot.
Increase things for normal people - botters get it even easier.

I think Diablo 3 needs to have more random events that provide better rewards that are more difficult to write bots for. Even if it's as simple as 'Come across NPC, need to find their friend lost in the dungeon (maybe even another zone)' - finding them starts a mini-boss fight that has good rewards. Try to make it random enough that it'd be very hard to write a bot for it or something.

But, the bot writters can get pretty advanced though - so might not change much.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]