Diablo® III

Ignore Pain + Earthquake Build?

88 Worgen Mage
I've looked on the forums for different Barbarian builds, and I've yet to see one that includes Earthquake. I've been using this build for a while, and it's what gets me through all those seemingly impossible elite packs in A1 Inferno.

Here's the build: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WTRVYk!bec!cbbcZc

The logic is as follows: You approach an elite pack. Ground-stomp to bring them in a small area around you, then Earthquake for massive damage. Because of Ignore Pain, you can afford to stand in desecrator or fire chains, as the heals you receive from the massive damage of Earthquake + your normal DPS keeps you topped off at all times, and 5 - 6 seconds is usually enough to kill a melee range elite pack.
With Packs that disperse (Ranged), you'll manage to keep at least one on Earthquake (The one I'm focusing on rarely seems to run away) giving you room as now you only have 2 to fight.

Does this sound like a viable build post-A1 Inferno?
Reply Quote
Yes, I use this in Act 4 except I replace Ground Stomp with Wrath of the Berserker for even more damage when using Earthquake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuNKwkioib4

There's a video of it in action if you're interested.
Reply Quote
Wrath with insanity & Earthquake makes it do 130%+ more damage. You think elites drop fast now..
Reply Quote
lol act 1 elites are u !@#$ing serious ? those are way too easy WAY too easy ur gonna cry in act 3 man CRY now get it out
Reply Quote
Yes and No.

A good amount of time, this would work, but it really depends what kind of elites you run into. Shielded invulnerable? Or Extra health?

Might I add you're centering your build around earthquake since that will be your main source of DPS. The massively high cool down on that skill makes it not as viable in comparison to many other builds out there for the barb.

It's not a bad build to go by. I personally don't like relying on a skill with a 2 minute cool down. (Even with the the rune that removes the fury and shaves time off the cd)

Oh and that's for Act 1 elites btw.

You'll find your build to be less effected in Act 2+
Edited by WUnderful#1387 on 6/6/2012 11:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Yes, I use this in Act 4 except I replace Ground Stomp with Wrath of the Berserker for even more damage when using Earthquake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuNKwkioib4

There's a video of it in action if you're interested.

I like Maniac instead of sidearm for this build, the 20% boost to Earthquake makes them melt even faster.

Yeah I'm sort of undecided as to whether I like Sidearm or Maniac better. I'm going with sidearm for a while and then I'll switch to maniac and see if I like it better. I used Cleave up until Act 4, so I'm a bit new to Frenzy.
Reply Quote
I was using a similar build in late hell, but there are just too many counters for it, specially now in inferno since my gear doesn't help.

The defensive cooldowns don't allow me to stand for a long time against molten/fire chains/arcane enchanted/desecrator for too long and using earthquake means you don't move very much.
So, any of the above buffs combined with extra health, shielding or horde meant certain death because the mobs just won't go down as fast as you expect them to. Not to mention it's just impossible to use earthquake against reflect damage.

I opted out for good ol' super saiyan mode (aka wrath of the berserker), dropped ignore pain for extra mobility, but I still can't decide on furious charge or leap.

That's just me, tough. I really like the mobility thing in ALL my chars. 1st char I got to 60 was a demon hunter, my barbarian had leap and furious charge most of the time while leveling and I'm loving my monk with +10% spd, dashing strike and teleporting fists of thunder lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]