Diablo® III

Can I get ban for buying gold?

(Locked)

I see general chat filled with tempting offers with good deals on gold. can blizzard ban me for buying? as long as i dont sell its fine right?
Yes
u can buy gold with real money when the ah is working. But not from third parties
You would probably not get caught, but you would be buying stolen property from fellow gamers, which would make you a douche.
You are also giving your CC info to less than reputable places.
06/06/2012 05:30 PMPosted by PolecatEZ
You would probably not get caught, but you would be buying stolen property from fellow gamers, which would make you a douche.

This. PS it's really easy to read the terms of use yourself...
It takes a special kind of stupidity to give your billing/personal information to a company you know is engaging in theft from other people.

I mean, this is like walking up to the guy who is burgling your neighbor's house and saying, "I want to buy his TV from you... do you take credit cards?"
may i suggest buying an Authenticator too, but only about 4 days after you bought your gold.
88 Undead Warlock
you can get defrauded.

That's far worse than being banned from a game that isn't even satisfying your gold lust.
You can. That's how a lot of people get hacked. They buy WoW or Diablo gold or pay for the powerlevel service then get hacked.
Is it really so hard to spend a few hours to farm up some gold?
just wait for RMAH then buy gold from there
Even though if you buy gold and they steal your card info, its a huge inconvience to you if you do so.
90 Worgen Rogue
06/06/2012 05:51 PMPosted by Loomies
Would I be safe if the gold site uses Paypal as their payment service?

You're moving your topic way away from the hypothetical here.

You might want to leave well enough alone.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]