Diablo® III

Highest DPS build?

First off the build. : http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#abYXgk!XgU!acabYa
Second the stats page: http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg634/brentgore/monk54.png

I'm at level 54 with 10k dps which doesn't count the 24% added damage from Mantra of Conviction with overawe.

I'm in hell act 2 and everything dies just about instantly.

I've read bunches of threads saying monks need buffing they're too weak, but I couldn't imagine being stronger at this point in the game?

Thoughts?

Edit : Just hit 11.2k will post pic if wanted oh and im at 26k hp
Edited by Brent#1427 on 6/6/2012 8:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
you haven't played inferno. Things will die alot more slowly, you will die alot faster. Unless a majority of your abilities are defensive or you have LoH and such you will die alot. Short and simple. :P
Reply Quote
Yea, I breezed through hell and got face rolled in inferno. There is a VERY steep difficulty curb when going up thru inferno.
Reply Quote
When I started ACT 1 I had 22k dps. But soon learned that the DPS i was able to put out didn't last long when i was dead. Now i have 10k DPS and never die in act 1.

Its not about how much DPS you can do, its about how effective that DPS is. 20k-30 is nice but dieing to every rare pack is not.
Reply Quote
ya when u at inferno u will change your mantra, and you will notice your 10k dps is almost a joke..... i am at 31k dps, with 3.1 attacj per second, with 720 resist, and 54% dodge, with 30k life, and 5.8k armour, i am also a joke in act 2, life on hit is 1200
Edited by MINIKONG#6191 on 6/6/2012 11:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue
06/06/2012 11:30 PMPosted by MINIKONG
am at 31k dps, with 3.1 attacj per second, with 720 resist, and 54% dodge, with 30k life, and 5.8k armour, i am also a joke in act 2, life on hit is 1200

im at every stat of mine is worse 1.8 APS 720 resist 44% dodge with mantra 5.5k armour 36k hp, life on hit 700 and act 2 is a joke... act 3 is painful but doable. whats your build?
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#acXghi!UdX!aZcaac

i use the flame is because when elite attack me in group, i use this, they will fear and run, tihs is useful when they got arcance, and u can keep wack them and loh, while they running, and sepearate them, so that u will not get too many hit. i use a dodge built with fast attack speed, because basically i tihnk that tanking them is a waste of time, as u die real fast, best way is to evade. and with life on hit, i bascially hit when dying i heal and they run and i hit, when dying again use sernity, and then the heal is back and then they fear and run again. if they still dont die, then i use tail wind and run lol, wait for sernity back, then go in again. actually i trying to change the serenity to instant karma later to try, seems much better as the heal is too little also
Edited by MINIKONG#6191 on 6/6/2012 11:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]