Diablo® III

Achievements Reset

Here's an interesting bug, or at least it behaves like one as I'm not certain the perceived design was intentional.

I had a number of achievements I was working on and had already received partial credit for:
Pink'd - Up to Ghom
Jars of Destruction - 600+
Savior - ~20
and a number of others

I can't be certain exactly when the presumed error occurred, but they're all back at 0 or unchecked respectively. At the beginning of my gaming session I was 59, I hit 60 and continued to plod about; downed from Ghom to Siegebreaker.

When I checked my progression around Midnight, before signing off, was when I realized they had been reset. I figured it might be something to do with hitting 60, perhaps it's not a bug?

I don't need the achieve credits refunded, they're easy to get back over time, but I thought you might want a heads-up.
Reply Quote
The problem with losing the achievements is that the ones that require you to complete 6 achievements are completely reset even if you've already completed say 3/6 of the achievements.

This happened to me also, and we need something to be done because we can't complete the big achievements since the game does not recognize that they are completed on the large achievement, but recognizes that they are completed individually. You can't redo them over time because they are already done, that's where the problem is. :(
Reply Quote
That would be unfortunate if they we're counted but not credited for the complete, like a server/client communication error.

I haven't as of yet tried to regain any of my now 'zeroed' achievements, but that would leave me unfulfilled if I couldn't gain a fun achievement due to a programming issue; if that's the case.

How many others have been effected by such an issue?
My leveling group haven't all hit 60 yet, maybe tonight, so I'll see if what I experienced happens to them as well.
Reply Quote
I've had major achievement issues as well. Achievements I completed during the first few days after release were not awarded, but I can't earn them now even after completing the requirements again. I opened a ticket and they said to post here. Something NEEDS to be done about the achievement bugs.
Reply Quote
i just checked this today, after i came back from walking my dog. anything that wasnt already complete got reset. GAAAAAAA. and because blizzard has such an awesome ticket system, it wont even accept that category as an issue.
Reply Quote
06/07/2012 12:38 AMPosted by Chelsea
This happened to me also, and we need something to be done because we can't complete the big achievements since the game does not recognize that they are completed on the large achievement, but recognizes that they are completed individually. You can't redo them over time because they are already done, that's where the problem is. :(

I have this problem with Thorough Investigation.

http://i.imgur.com/milGM.jpg

Playing through with a different character does not solve the problem.

I have submitted a ticket to see if I can either get this achievement, or at least get the progress reset, so that I may earn it again myself, but the response I got was: "Unfortunately, we are unable to fulfill your request at this time. Though our goal is to resolve every issue as requested, certain actions are beyond the scope of the Game Master Department. We regret any inconvenience you may have been caused."
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I've had EVERY achievement that is tracking some type of numerical number reset on me. Gold picked up, chests opened, elites killed, monsters killed by environment ect...

This is very discouraging as I was near completing some of the hard ones!!!
Reply Quote
I also had this problem logging in last night. I logged off, then promptly logged back in and they were all restored to current progress.

However, I'm still having major issues with achievements not getting checked off even after completion. Certain beast lores aren't getting checked off, as well as journals (skeleton lore, scavenger lore, Leah's Journal 3, and Lachdanan's journal 2). I've commented in a lot of these threads regarding this issue, and no blues as far as I know have chimed in on the issue. I'm assuming they know of the problem and are just ignoring it. Unfortunately this means I'll never be able to earn all the achievements due to a fault by Blizzard.
Reply Quote
I'd like to state, that I've been one of those quiet fans who've shuffled through all the problems, disconnects, and server downtime without complaint, up until now that is.

When trying to submit a ticket, here's what they say regarding achievements.

-Achievement Restorations
"Customer Support cannot award or alter achievements in Diablo III. If an achievement is not awarded and you feel that it should be, please attempt the achievement’s criteria again."

Dear Blizzard, I'd gladly redo the requirements, in fact I've gone through and listened to my entire list of journals and beast lores (because I'm a fan of in game lore, I never miss these things to begin with), but guess what, I'm not getting the ones I'm missing checked off still!

The way I see it, I've done everything I possibly can, now it's your turn Blizzard, fix this issue.

There are currently around 7 of us discussing this issue, I know we aren't the only ones having problems with our achievements. Let's keep this discussion going so it doesn't get buried, and hope that a blue has the decency to reply.
Edited by Debaser#1274 on 6/8/2012 6:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I've had EVERY achievement that is tracking some type of numerical number reset on me. Gold picked up, chests opened, elites killed, monsters killed by environment ect...

This is very discouraging as I was near completing some of the hard ones!!!

I got exactly the same problem.
Reply Quote
i have had all my partial achievements restored, not sure yet on if they will actually complete now. ill keep posted
Reply Quote
Having this issue as well. All of my conversation related achievements, anything numerical suchs as gold looted and chests opened, have all been reset. I try to submit a ticket and the worthless automatic system says it doesn't accept tickets of this type, mostly because the worthless automatic system doesn't have a category about achievement tracking systems resetting (it assumes I want some kind of password or account reset, or that I've lost/deleted an item or character, or that I think I should have gotten an achievement and I'm mad I didn't). So, this is a pretty big deal for me because I really like achievements. I'd say the onus is on Blizzard to get this fixed, ASAP, and if this issue isn't resolved with anything less than I get my achievement tracking back to the way it's supposed to be, I'm not going to play this game anymore, and I'm not going to buy anymore Blizzard games. And I'm going to make sure this gets a lot of attention on reddit, 4chan, tumblr, etc. to make sure that Blizzard realizes it's not just one guy they are going to lose.
Reply Quote
I'm aware that my problem isn't exactly the same as yours, and I truly hope I don't encounter this issue. However, I've been having problems with achievements just not getting checked off. The prime suspect in my case is Pink'd. It simply won't give me the check-offs for the bosses that I'm killing, and I have thoroughly gone through and made sure every slot was dyed with lovely pink dye.

On second thought, perhaps I actually do have the problem you guys are encountering?

Anyway, I wanted to post in the thread because I sort of feel that your issues and my issue may somehow be intertwined.
Reply Quote
Erm.. I have a problem here... Is there some way to reset my achievements? Its annoying to have remaining achievement by previous user.. this is a 2nd hand brought account anyways.
Reply Quote
Just tossing it in as well, as I've had quite the struggles with achievements being reset.

I have been achievement hunting from day 1, and the reason I don't have MANY of them are because of the resetting issues. While it doesn't affect gameplay, it certainly affects my mentality and desire to play the game.

Perhaps patch 1.0.2c wil address some of these, as it seems they're putting a focus on awarding Achievements to those who have completed things already.
Edited by Giraffasaur#1856 on 6/11/2012 12:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I had the same issue as well, with my tracking (boxs and numbers) reset back to zero. I was on the verge of crying with my Ancient Device hours and hours of grinding and I had it at 8/10 then when I looked 0/10. Along with many others. I logged out and logged back in to check if it fixed anything and it did fix almost all. My Ancient Device is back to 8/10, but not all of them were fixed. To name the ones that didn't get fixed...Hunt or be Hunted (DH kill 100,000) reset and Pick up gold got reset on me and didn't fix.
Reply Quote
still having the same problem, even after they said it has been fixed.
Reply Quote
06/12/2012 12:59 PMPosted by Jello
still having the same problem, even after they said it has been fixed.

Where did they say it was fixed?

I've been searching for it, I can't find any specific location where they address this particular Achievement issue. Does anyone know if Blizzard truly said this was addressed?
Edited by Giraffasaur#1856 on 6/12/2012 1:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I have the same problem. Every tracking achievements. gold counter. elites etc got reset. Ive gotta do them all again although ive already done them ? 230 hours progress for nothing ? Great. Worst its been like 4-5 days and still not a single reply from a blue ? Its astonishing because this is a serious issue affecting lots of players. Please blizzard look into it . Thank

PS: sorry for my poor grammar trying my best.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]