Diablo® III

Whenever I see champions with reflect damage-

85 Tauren Warrior
I leave the game and hope the next pack I get doesn't have reflect.

And it always does.

I run a glass cannon with 6k hp. There is no way for me to survive a reflect damage. I can SS, but if I have one stray hungering arrow I am as good as dead anyway.

Makes me rage, jack !@#$ I can do about it but stack vitality that does nothing to help me for anything but reflect damage champions (everything else 1 shots anyway, 30k hp or 1k, so who gives a %^-*?).

So yeah...

Anyone out there run a glass cannon who has a reliable way to kill them?
Reply Quote
You can run glass cannon and still have 20k hp without too much difficulty. That being said, Reflects Damage is still the single most annoying affix I can run into. The only way I deal with it is to have a Templar out spamming heals on me (when he's alive) and switching between health pots and Preparation - Battle Scars. You could opt to run Shadow Power - Gloom to deal with them but I hate having a skill take up a slot on my bars just for the sole purpose of dealing with Reflects Damage.
Reply Quote
Apparently the "only way" to beat them is with shadow power + gloom.
I'm on the same boat as you, though.
Say NOPE and reset.
Reply Quote
I can think of a few modifiers that are way more annoying, such as "wall" and the one that I hate the most "fast." I find reflect damage to just require patience, but not hard to beat.
Edited by Zen#1289 on 5/31/2012 3:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
You can easily get a bow with 1k+ hp per hit to counter reflect dmg.
Just switch your weapon when you meet RD mobs.
Edited by Melon#1528 on 5/31/2012 3:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Reflect damage isn't that bad. You can build glass cannon and still have a decent amount of health anyways. Anything in the 15k range will be more than enough for reflect damage.

And, just spit-balling here, you could always keep more than one armor set. Maybe have a couple of pieces with low damage but high vit so when you see that reflect damage on the edge of your screen you can go "oh maybe I should switch out these two pieces of gear real quick that bring up my defenses, genius!"

If you literally cannot kill reflect damage mobs I think it's worth losing about 1k dps for a bunch of health.
Edited by LtShaft#1108 on 5/31/2012 3:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
I fire off a volley of NT's and SS as soon as the first one touches the mobs and pray to god the volley passes by the time SS runs out.
Reply Quote
You know, that's actually one thing I do miss about D2. I liked being able to swap 2 weapon sets on the fly without digging through my bags.
Reply Quote
Wall is ezy. Fast is definitelty the worst atm.
Reply Quote
I put on all my mf gear because it makes my damage go way down. I slowly kill the mob while kiting and popping potions/ss.
Reply Quote
Usually at that point I just bait them to a far off corner and just die so they stay there and I can just skip them.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Elemental Arrow - Shadowy Tentacles?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
05/31/2012 03:53 PMPosted by Attiliana
Elemental Arrow - Shadowy Tentacles?

In my experience, nether tentacles is a very, very bad idea vs. reflect due to its high burst and slow missile speed.

Reflect damage isn't that bad. You can build glass cannon and still have a decent amount of health anyways. Anything in the 15k range will be more than enough for reflect damage.

And, just spit-balling here, you could always keep more than one armor set. Maybe have a couple of pieces with low damage but high vit so when you see that reflect damage on the edge of your screen you can go "oh maybe I should switch out these two pieces of gear real quick that bring up my defenses, genius!"

If you literally cannot kill reflect damage mobs I think it's worth losing about 1k dps for a bunch of health.

I gritted my teeth and spent some g on some spare vital pieces. I'll see if this improves my quality of life vs. reflects. It almost has to.
Reply Quote
Get a Life on Hit/Life Regen set. You can still switch gear on the fly for a reason.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]