Diablo® III

Android Authenticator On PC

This may or may not be supported by blizzard but this is the closest thing to getting an OFFICIAL authenticator on PC

0. Requirements:
Windows PC (I am using Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit)
Java SDK (Google Java SDK, I am using Java 7 SDK and Java 7 JRE)
Android SDK (Google Android SDK and get the installer package)
The Android .apk for Blizzard Authenticator (This one might be a bit trickier but depending on request I will post a link to a mirror)

1. Install everything
Install everything accepting default options

2. Open Android SDK
Open the Android AVD Manager
Click Tools and click Manage SDK

3. Install ALL the things
Let it find everything that needs to be installed. click "Select New" and hit install packages. This will take a LONG time.

4. Create and android virtual device
Exit out of the manage sdk window, in the Android Virtual Device Manager (AVD Manager) window click new.
You can name it whatever you like
For target I chose android 2.3.3 but you can probably use anything 2.3 and up (I wouldn't suggest android 3.0)
For SD card I entered 1024 (1 gig)
I checked snapshot
On the skin I Selected WVGA854
I also changed the device RAM size to 1024

Hit create AVD and the device should start

4. Installing authenticator
First copy your authenticator APK to (Where you installed the SDK)\platform-tools\

This is where we HAVE to jump in to command line (Sorry)
Press windows key + r and type CMD then press enter navigate to (where you installed the sdk)\platform tools.
Now type adb install .\authenticator.apk

At this point if you are getting issues about "Network connection" close the device and re start it.

With this you have a completely free authenticator that works.

QUIT COMPLAINING ABOUT 6.50.
Reply Quote
This is definitely a viable option, but I feel obligated to add that part of the reason an authenticator provides the security it does is because it is decoupled from your gaming system. If at all possible, run this emulator on a different machine, preferably one not actively connected to even your home network while in use.
Reply Quote
This is horrible. Downloading the .apk of the Battle.net authenticator is like sending someone to Pirate Bay for downloading warez.
Reply Quote
Where can we legally get the authenticator APK? I assume we can since it is a free download if you have android phone, so why would it be any different emulating an android phone on a pc? Still a free app. Not like warez at ALL as someone stated.
Reply Quote
This may or may not be supported by blizzard but this is the closest thing to getting an OFFICIAL authenticator on PC

0. Requirements:
Windows PC (I am using Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit)
Java SDK (Google Java SDK, I am using Java 7 SDK and Java 7 JRE)
Android SDK (Google Android SDK and get the installer package)
The Android .apk for Blizzard Authenticator (This one might be a bit trickier but depending on request I will post a link to a mirror)

1. Install everything
Install everything accepting default options

2. Open Android SDK
Open the Android AVD Manager
Click Tools and click Manage SDK

3. Install ALL the things
Let it find everything that needs to be installed. click "Select New" and hit install packages. This will take a LONG time.

4. Create and android virtual device
Exit out of the manage sdk window, in the Android Virtual Device Manager (AVD Manager) window click new.
You can name it whatever you like
For target I chose android 2.3.3 but you can probably use anything 2.3 and up (I wouldn't suggest android 3.0)
For SD card I entered 1024 (1 gig)
I checked snapshot
On the skin I Selected WVGA854
I also changed the device RAM size to 1024

Hit create AVD and the device should start

4. Installing authenticator
First copy your authenticator APK to (Where you installed the SDK)\platform-tools\

This is where we HAVE to jump in to command line (Sorry)
Press windows key + r and type CMD then press enter navigate to (where you installed the sdk)\platform tools.
Now type adb install .\authenticator.apk

At this point if you are getting issues about "Network connection" close the device and re start it.

With this you have a completely free authenticator that works.

QUIT COMPLAINING ABOUT 6.50.

I already install this to my PC, can you please guide me how to install Diablo 3 Autenicator?
or android market?
so confused.

Thanks

:)
Edited by starmax#6712 on 6/4/2012 11:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
i need the .apk file if someone can provide it cause my galaxy S 2 is the i9100G which i didn't know about and worse of all i didn't think it would matter buttttt it's firmware is CHN and so I cannot dl it for free from googleplay.
Reply Quote
This is the worst idea ever. If your PC is compromised, you WILL be screwed over.

Just spend the $6.50 and stop being such a cheap skate. I mean, it's probably one day's worth of mowing the lawn if you think about it.
Reply Quote
and people wonder why they get hacked..

because of your brilliant security thats why..

the whole point of an authenticator is so that is SEPERATE from the computer you play on.. thast what makes it secure..

installing the authenticator on your PC that you play on, is no different than locking your doors to your house when you leave, but leaving the key in the lock..
Reply Quote
and what about the APK? anyone?
Reply Quote
This is the worst idea ever. If your PC is compromised, you WILL be screwed over.

Just spend the $6.50 and stop being such a cheap skate. I mean, it's probably one day's worth of mowing the lawn if you think about it.

While there are people that are horribly cheap and love to complain, there really are some people that can't easily obtain one, usually due to location coupled with insane taxes or shipping costs.

Definitely agree with keeping the authenticator separate from your PC though. Otherwise it's like taping your car keys to your windshield.
Reply Quote
You can get the APK from google. (APK stands for Andriod Application Package)

play.google.com

search for blizzard or blizzard authenticator

If anyone is wondering what the OP is postings, its basically the developer package to emulate Andriod Apps. Its not a custom app or anything, your are just using the developer platform to run the offical blizzard authenticator. (OP you can correct me on this, but thats what your instructions look like)

It worth the added security no matter what noobs tell you. Just please note, that this way of doing things can lead to comprmoise by trojans, worms, etc if someone was dedicated to this. Likely most gold scammers arn't actively targeting the few chums who are using this method. The high security from the standard authenticators come from the seperation of systems.
Reply Quote
If i was to install this software on the same computer i play diablo with, i'd probably run this program on a non networked virtual machine.

Still, the main reason people get hacked is because they use the same password and e-mail for their gaming accounts on fanforums and the like, some of these forums are apparently very easy to hack.

So, the password for your battle.net account should be one you don't use anywhere else.

Edit: Wording
Edited by Valryx#2109 on 6/8/2012 11:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
You can get the APK from google. (APK stands for Andriod Application Package)

play.google.com

search for blizzard or blizzard authenticator

If anyone is wondering what the OP is postings, its basically the developer package to emulate Andriod Apps. Its not a custom app or anything, your are just using the developer platform to run the offical blizzard authenticator. (OP you can correct me on this, but thats what your instructions look like)

It worth the added security no matter what noobs tell you. Just please note, that this way of doing things can lead to comprmoise by trojans, worms, etc if someone was dedicated to this. Likely most gold scammers arn't actively targeting the few chums who are using this method. The high security from the standard authenticators come from the seperation of systems.

I know that.
Like I said, my Galaxy S2 has the CHN firmware and therefore I cannot download from google play....

Can someone provide the latest apk?
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
Valid D3 Authenticator Options
1. Mobile Authenticator Application for smartphones/devices. FREE
2. Keychain Authenticator - $6.50 (below cost) with free shipping in the US. Can not be shipped to some countries due to technology export laws for encryption devices.

INVALID Or NON-SUPPORTED Options
1. Dial In Authenticator. This does not work with D3 and is not great even for WoW.There is a sticky in Tech support covering this.
2. Third Party Windows based authenticators such as WinAuth. NOT sanctioned by Bliz and you would use at your own risk. If your PC is compromised that software can be as well.
3. Third Party Mobile Phone OS emulators to run the mobile apps. - Same as above. Use at your own risk. Not sanctioned by Bliz.
4. Using a "jailbroken" or "rooted" phone. Those are susceptible to malware that can get your serial# and restore code.

Two and Three are covered in the Mobile Auth FAQ if anyone was wondering about the source. The whole point is to have it on a SEPARATE device that only you have access to.
Reply Quote
This doesn't work and if you think it's ok for companies to change the rules and charge extra any time they want you're sorely mistaken.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
Are you just trolling? Authenticators work great if you get the proper ones. They protect the user if they somehow get keylogged or use the same username/pass. Also Blizzard does not force you to get one. It is an OPTIONAL user accessory. Sure, support the hackers who don't want folks to get them.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]