Diablo® III

Diablo 3 Hacked Client?

90 Goblin Shaman
I'm going to try and attach a screenshot of what appears to me to be some sort of "Hack" on my Diablo 3 client.

The upper right-hand corner of my client has a flag with the word "Upgrade Now" "Click your way to 60!" with a button below to click in order to upgrade.

I noticed this just after a "you have been removed from the game" error, which has happened maybe 6 times to me in the last hour also gives me an error 3007 on the next screen. I have not had this issue until about 1 hour ago, also everything seem to work just fine on my laptop hence even more suspension about the hacked client.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
hmmm can't figure out how to post a jpg on the forums guess I'll just submit a ticket...
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Devlinn,

Upload the screenshot to an image hosting site and then post the link they give you here.

Tinypic is easy to use. Resize it to the largest size they offer so it's easier to view.

http://i49.tinypic.com/8zioo2.jpg
Edited by Deveron#1629 on 6/1/2012 3:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Sounds like it's the same issue in this thread, which has a picture included: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5151267866

Searching the forum brings up a few other similar threads, if that helps.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/search?q=click+your+way+to+60

More threads to help a Blue out:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5589540655
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5271780092
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5152413488
Edited by OyleSlyck#1725 on 6/1/2012 3:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Devlinn,

Did you click on the link you mentioned? It's a phishing site. If you did and then proceeded to input your account name and password, they'd have it now and be able to access the account, which is what removed you from the game as you can't use the same account on two pcs at the same time.

The account looks secure right now, nothing appears missing and you have a considerable amount of gold in the stash.

I'd suggest at the very least changing your Battle.net account password but try to do that from another computer in case you've picked up a keylogger.

Yes, same issue as the first link you posted.
Reply Quote
Devlinn,

Did you click on the link you mentioned? It's a phishing site. If you did and then proceeded to input your account name and password, they'd have it now and be able to access the account, which is what removed you from the game as you can't use the same account on two pcs at the same time.

The account looks secure right now, nothing appears missing and you have a considerable amount of gold in the stash.

I'd suggest at the very least changing your Battle.net account password but try to do that from another computer in case you've picked up a keylogger.

Is this really a compromised executable on the client side? I've read about this for a few days which is how I knew what OP was posting about. People were speculating it was a bug that people were seeing from upgrading from a guest pass to the full version or something similar, even though they purchased the full version.
Edited by OyleSlyck#1725 on 6/1/2012 3:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
No, I haven't clicked the link (I actually can't, seems they fail at hacking) that and I'm smart enough to realize it's not legit hence the post here.

Also even if I have a key-logger on my system which is very unlikely, their is noway they could actually have any info since I use multiple security steps, including a virtual KB and other hack prevention stratigies.

regardless... the issue is more of the following...

HOW did they hack my Diablo client and how do I resolve this constant DC issue which seems to be related to this client hack, playing on my laptop isn't that much fun, lol I miss the SSD too much.
Edited by Deveron#1629 on 6/1/2012 3:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Devlinn ,

Ok, I was mistaken. That notice is from us. It's there to allow people with Guest Passes to upgrade. I can't figure out why you're getting it though as your account should't be flagging for it. Is it still doing it?

Edited by Omrakos on 6/1/2012 3:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I only see that at a very specific instant, immediately after I get a "you have been removed from the game" error just as you see in the screenshot.
Reply Quote
Well considering this is a bug affecting others, not just Devlinn's account, I would say something is going on. Devlinn, did you have the guest pass installed before you got the full game? Did you get the full game as a physical copy or did you get it from the digital download?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
annual pass
Reply Quote
06/01/2012 04:00 PMPosted by Devlinn
annual pass

Ahh, I remember reading another person who had the annual pass with this issue too when I first heard about it. That could be the common cause.
Edited by OyleSlyck#1725 on 6/1/2012 4:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Just stared 90 minutes ago...

Also now have a friend on vent reporting the same issue.
Reply Quote
06/01/2012 04:05 PMPosted by Devlinn
Also now have a friend on vent reporting the same issue.

You should ask your friend how they got a full copy of the game, if they had the annual pass too.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I suspect annual pass too but he had to go so not certain. Also turns out he didn't have the exact same issue he has the "upgrade" thing immediately on log-in.
Reply Quote
Happened to me. Three times. It always does it when I am in the middle of fighting a champion pack. What the heck is going on?

Edit: Forgot to mention that I bought the game digitally. I didn't buy the annual pass. Just wanted to let you guys know.
Edited by Azul#1783 on 6/1/2012 4:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]