Diablo® III

Wizard are SO weak

I'm in act 3 inferno and every other hero I even out gear hits way harder than me it makes no sense
Reply Quote
proof?
Reply Quote
06/01/2012 03:57 PMPosted by Quicktim3
proof?

because I'm going to go make a video for you to watch it happen? I rather hear from players who are in a similar situation and see what they have to say.
Reply Quote
Don't believe you. I hit harder than almost any class aside from a few attacks from some classes, i.e. the WD's zombie tower thing and Demon Hunters...
Reply Quote
06/01/2012 04:02 PMPosted by eDUBS
proof?

because I'm going to go make a video for you to watch it happen? I rather hear from players who are in a similar situation and see what they have to say.

maybe he didn't mean as much as a video, but maybe by just posting your stats would show proof of 'why' your getting not up to par with other players.
Reply Quote
By every other hero do you mean Demon Hunter?
Reply Quote
I agree, my Wizard isn't great
Reply Quote
um... what? I just finished act 3 with 22k dps unbuffed. Get 30k health and kite your !@# off. Managed to kill 90% of the elite packs I've encountered and 1 shotted every boss but azmodan.
Reply Quote
06/01/2012 04:13 PMPosted by skillspam
1 shotted every boss but azmodan.

Relax there buddy
Reply Quote
06/01/2012 04:13 PMPosted by skillspam
um... what? I just finished act 3 with 22k dps unbuffed. Get 30k health and kite your !@# off. Managed to kill 90% of the elite packs I've encountered and 1 shotted every boss but azmodan.

sounds like nightmare
Reply Quote
Might be better if u liked ur build and told us more about ur stats i.e. resistances and hp, with what u told us there isn't much we can do to help except troll u...
Reply Quote
I have 30k dps.. But it all doesn't matter.. Because wizard are so weak they literally just die in 1 hit.. Pointless in inferno to be honest.. I have wasted my time with wizard, to be honest if you want good offense it will be demon hunter, if you want good defense it will be baba or monk.. So what is left of a wizard? Nothing. She runs slower than any other character.. The teleport lose to dh and baba sprint.. So all in all, wizard lose out in almost every category
Reply Quote
What is your stats?

I'm running 51k dps buffed and having no trouble killing mobs.

With archon I'm out dpsing every class I've met.
Reply Quote
Yes by the way my Hp is 32k 200 something all all resist.. 20% chance block.. I use archon armor.. Still not good enough.. With my current item I can sell them on AH and make a super godly monk or demon hunter, wizard is useless
Reply Quote
^Suit yourself, if you are not satisfy in one thing, change to the others. However, there is a thing call equivalent exchange: to make a "godly" (as you said) character, you have to sell another "godly" character. But according to that stats, I don't think your wizard is any "godly" at all (weak in my opinion). And from what I observed in the market, to make a "godly" monk or wizard, you might have to sell 10 times your current gears.....I'm not exaggerated, demon hunter gears cost many times as much as wizard gears, and without a very good gears, monk cannot do anything at all in inferno....
Reply Quote
who every say wizard sux wizard weak that people are just noob or undergeared. with 30k hp and 50k++ dps u suppose to clear act 3 easly now im about 75k dps with 29k hp no shield 200 resist it is so easy for me already killed diablo inferno bla bla so dont blame blizzard or wizard blame your self stop crying already getting nerf soon because of you guys
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
06/01/2012 04:17 PMPosted by FatE

sounds like nightmare

Sounds nothing like nightmare, since nightmare is a complete cakewalk with less than a third of those stats. At least *PRETEND* you're not a troll and say it sounds like hell - which would be at least slightly less transparently dishonest.
Reply Quote
06/09/2012 08:21 PMPosted by Givemesojer
I have 30k dps.. But it all doesn't matter.. Because wizard are so weak they literally just die in 1 hit.. Pointless in inferno to be honest.. I have wasted my time with wizard, to be honest if you want good offense it will be demon hunter, if you want good defense it will be baba or monk.. So what is left of a wizard? Nothing. She runs slower than any other character.. The teleport lose to dh and baba sprint.. So all in all, wizard lose out in almost every category

Not really. When I first got to inferno I thought it was just going to be impossible to even beat Act 1. Of course I wasn't ready for it just like everybody else. So just like everybody else I got better gears and upped DPS first then got some HP and resist.

After farming Skeleton King for a while I got enough gears to kill Butcher. Once I got used to that I started farming Butcher.(Not much. I think I had 26k HP, 300 resist, 27k DPS with force weapon) Then I got to Act 2, it was too difficult of course, I couldn't even get out of town to do the first quest because I would just get one shotted and didn't even know what hit me. I went back to farming Butcher until I got enough gear and managed to clear Act 2.

When I got to Act 3(with friends' help) it was even worse... Even a skeleton archer one shotted me... Everything that hit me one shotted me, through the force shield AND diamond skin. So what did I do? Went back to farming Butcher... By the time I got tired of it I had 39k dps(with force weapon) 33k HP and 420~480 resist.(which is what I have now) Now nothing really one shots me with force shield up (excluding obvious big ones that will one shot pretty much everyone).

Now I farm Siegebreaker... I die a lot and one run takes an hour or more. It's tough but I can do it.

I'm really satisfied with the overall experience... I've progressed over time steadily and significantly. And I think this is what Diablo is all about... When it's too difficult you farm and gear up and try again. A lot of people seems to be annoyed by AH but AH made it really easy for me to trade stuff that I don't use and get what I want.

First time I got to Act 1 I couldn't clear 70% of elite packs that I encountered. Now I can pretty much clear every pack I encounter in Act 1, including invulnerable minions. Here I am at Act 3, killing soul rippers without dying(white mobs of course) and clearing maybe 80% of elite packs I encounter, even though it may take a while.

I can't even imagine playing a melee class without godly gears so that's probably not even an option for you.

While Demon Hunter does really good damage it doesn't have damage reduction skills like the force shield.. So it's more costly to gear up for the resist and vit if you don't want to get one shotted. Of course it'll be easier to avoid any hits if you play DH.

Not sure about Witch Doctor... Don't know much about it... But a friend of mine has a WD and has 5k HP in inferno because he gave up all vit because he was getting one shotted anyway and went full glass cannon.

So no matter which class, inferno is going to be difficult and you will have to grind for gears. You can do it.. You just need better gears. (lol)
Reply Quote
Whoever is saying they have 30kdps and can clear act 1 you are bluffing... I have dps 32k I can't even kill some of the elite or champs.. Whoever say they survive butcher with all resist of 200 I doubt it, 1 hit 1 fire burn or 1 dash by butcher and wizard is dead. Whoever tells me they can clear act 3 with 50k please do me a favor stop lying.. People wake up and smell the coffee, wizard are weakling, I have seen monk with magic item inserted with multincolor gems.. and yet can survive better than any other characters.. Thanks no more arguments.. If we all can attain godly item then there's no point even having this discussion, this is for those who haven't made it, and the struggle they face attaining godly items.. When u made it you can say everything u want
Reply Quote
I bought 600m gold on the AH costed 150 euro, was gonna buy good wizard gear so i had over 40k hp, Physical and elemental resistance pushed to 80%+ seems to be some sorta cap there, i put on mp7, i go to act 1 start of the game, dies on zombie. WTF!??!?! my barb wich was boosted to 60, i did the same there i went full defence barly got dmg on it, and my barbarian can practicly AFK tank Mp10.

Why does the wizard have such weak defence? when geared for taking hits? i stil die 1 hit, wasted 150 Euro =( now i buy new gear with crit and spam frost nova and tornados, wow what an intresting game, pressing 123123123123 Mouse 1 mouse 2 Mouse 1 mouse 2 Mouse 1 mouse 2 Mouse 1 mouse 2 123 123 123 123

Just spamming that, with the mobs forever frosen in nova, unless they have the ability to teleport.

Wizard needs changes
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]