Diablo® III

Beginning Items?

Hey guys, i'm currently playing through my first hardcore char (lvl 10 barb) and I was wondering about items in normal... Is it worth trying to get +xp per kill or gold find? I know I should def not bother with these for NM and beyond but normal isn't too rough and these could help me stay better equipped and higher lvl. any thoughts?? thanks
Reply Quote
added you in game. Log in to talk and level with me.
Reply Quote
Typically for the beginning I just sort of pick up whatever crap I find, equip what's good and don't put much thought into it. Around level 20 I might do some shopping, but usually only for weapons. I'll try to outfit myself relatively well when stepping into Nightmare, but a lot of people tend to overestimate what kind of gear level you need for it.

It's up to you, really. If you feel safe, keep doing what you're doing. If you feel in danger, visit the AH.

By the way, welcome to the Brotherhood!
Edited by Thrage#1104 on 6/2/2012 1:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I haven't tested +exp per kill items. Assuming they work as advertised they will be your best bet for all of NORMAL. So far I always stack + exp per kill and ruby in helm and you can zoom through Acts1-4 normal quickly and still level fast.

I'm not sure how well Ruby in helm works (i'm at 19% exp I think?) as you can't see exp gain from kills and it's not terribly easy to track it.
Reply Quote
I wouldn't choose those stats deliberately. If they happen to be on your optimal gear, great.

For being your 1st hc toon, I'd be super careful and slow.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]