Diablo® III

Can't find Larra, the vendor from ACT II

She is one of the traveling merchants we have to find to get the "Market Research" achievment.

The thing is, I've been to Desert Cellar (both, north and South) of Black Canyon Mines, and nothing. Sometime i get to the north one (ppl say she only spawns there) but all i find is a man beeing tortured, then he becomes a monster and you have to kill him.

Can someone help plz?

Thank you
Reply Quote
She spawned in the deserted cellar I believe. I was farming it for some coin multiple times. Only seen her once in like 30 respawns. You walk into a basement and all the sudden there is emotes and such, nothing to kill. She comes out of a pile of corpses in NW corner. Just a totally deserted basement.
Edited by Anicra#1402 on 6/2/2012 11:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Deserted cellar has 4 different events that can spawn inside:

*one with stinging swarms
*one with cultists
*one with a rockworm and Tunnels of the Rockworm entrance
*and finally, one with Larra hiding in an empty dungeon, under a structure in the back end of it.

I kept checking the western spot near the waypoint and always got one of the other 3 events. While doing other achievements I noticed the northern one had spawned and I went in and got Larra first try -_-
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Indeed. It seems that Larra and the cultists spawn in the northern "Deserted Cellar," and the wasps and rockworm spawn in the south/western, by the waypoint. If you're looking for Larra, set your quest to Act2 -> City of Blood (Begin quest); immediately after you take the waypoint, go south until you hit the checkpoint by the bridge to the next area. (From this point forward, each time you reset, you begin by the waypoint.) If the Deserted Cellar is up in the west, it obviously won't be in the north, and you can reset it. If you want though, there will always be a chest in the western one, so you kind of may as well grab that before you reset. There are also 2-3 groups of blue and yellow monsters that spawn within the very small zone, and there's always a chest on the surface somewhere, too - so it's very profitable to poke around just a little bit each time you reset. Very, very profitable.
Reply Quote
Yeah this one was "fussy". I tried about 15 times to spawn from the way point after the bridge but never got the northern Deserted Cellar to spawn. Finally I changed my quest to The "Begin Quest" and ran back through the begging checkpoints to get back to the way point near the bridge. After I went all the way back the Northern Deserted Cellar was there and I walked in and there she was. So my advice is if you get there and can not get the northern cellar to spawn. Try to go back to the begin quest and run through it until you get there again.
Reply Quote
Yep, northern cellar only spawns cultists and Larra. Got her on 8th try I think.
Step by step:

- Act2, quest 3, Begin quest
- Run down to Black Canyon Mines waypont
- Run west to check cellar, if there, leave game and repeat.
- If west cellar is not there, run north and check, if not there, leave and repeat.
Reply Quote
Have found the northern cellar 50+ times. EVERY single time it's the cultist one. EVERY time. Getting very frustrated.

Edit: So apparently the method of becoming frustrated, posting on the forums about it, and then finding the thing you're looking for within 10 tries still applies. Whee...
Edited by Sheckler#1606 on 6/8/2012 1:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Well then I'm going to try it and see if I have luck ranting. I have tried at least for 2 hrs+...you're right the guy dying pops up EVERY SINGLE TIME!

Seriously? If I actually find Larra she better be as cute as everyone says she is!
Reply Quote
Well then I'm going to try it and see if I have luck ranting. I have tried at least for 2 hrs+...you're right the guy dying pops up EVERY SINGLE TIME!

Seriously? If I actually find Larra she better be as cute as everyone says she is!

She's cute like the little girl from Caldeum markets.
But a very pitiful story for Larra.

Even says "care to buy something and make a girls day?"
Reply Quote
It must be the same luck to get that as to get a legendary....ugh....I've dealt with the same issue. Soooo many tries.....
Reply Quote
And i get it on the next respawn....this trick really does work!
Reply Quote
I can't wait to see if people will be posting percentages based on how often events and other scenarios crop up in D3 as they do in WoW. This one is ridiculous. I've been doing this for just over two hours now.
Reply Quote
I got her on my first try! She can be found in Deserted Cellar. The room was empty initially until you walk towards NW.
Reply Quote
The left side of my screen is filled with: Refugee: Help me, I don't want to die!... Grrr I can't find her!!!
Reply Quote
Same here, found her 1 time with Co-OP, but didnt get diary, have tried with couple of chars apox 100 times, only that dying dude there.
Reply Quote
u all doing the wrong mission .. go on mission 9 and u'll find it fast ..
Reply Quote
09/05/2012 03:13 AMPosted by Suntego
u all doing the wrong mission .. go on mission 9 and u'll find it fast ..

When I was looking for her, I ran the northern dungeon 192 times before she spawned. This was literally running starting at the quest, teleporting, running to northern deserted cellar, and checking if she exists. And when I say 192, that's not restarts of the game, that's 192 deserted cellars (where she supposidly spawns) that she didn't appear in. I know this because I was keeping count and complaining to a friend at the time of the absurdity of the spawn rate.

*EDIT*
In no way am I saying that I hit the normal spawn rate, rather, some people are just luckier than others. I'm pretty sure I was a statistical outlier.
Edited by BehindTimes#1460 on 9/5/2012 5:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
just takes time, took me around 75 tries to find her,around 30 of the games actually contained the cellar. Remember it quicker to tp then leave game then just to leave it, helps a ton when camping a spawn.
Edited by Nicfit#1846 on 9/7/2012 3:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
running all day long. cultist. all the time. no larra. but found strongarm bracers. ))

UPD. FOUND IN SECONDS AFTER POST.
it works! mvahaha
Edited by dimozavr#2923 on 9/30/2012 3:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
just like everyone else, been running it for about an hour and only get the damn cultist and no cute little girl x.x
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]