Diablo® III

Halls of Agony 3 Waypoint? Keep Walkin'...

8 Goblin Warrior
You heard me.

If you're playing or even replaying the Act 1 quest "The Imprisoned Angel," don't bother looking for the Halls of Agony Level 3 waypoint.

Why? Because you have to reactivate it every time you restart the quest. So if you plan on farming the Butcher, you have to use the HoA Level 2 waypoint instead.

If the Level 3 waypoint worked so that it was still activated every time you replayed that quest...boy life would be pretty sweet then, I guess.
Reply Quote
Yeah I can't imagine it was meant to be unavailable for use every time you replay that quest. What's the point of it otherwise?
Reply Quote
This is not universally true.

Trying to farm butcher on Inferno, I am one who is unable to keep the waypoint. One of my buddies, however, does have it. He hosts the game, jumps down to agony level 3, and I take his banner.

I have no idea why this is the case.
Reply Quote
Does anyone else have an idea of why this is? Every other end of act boss has a waypoint right next to them that works. It seems that the butchers doesn't work for some people though. An explanation would be great!
Reply Quote
06/04/2012 05:51 PMPosted by chinmi
they don't want people to farm butcher... farming bosses means easy good gear drops... and it's not the way the game is intended to... to get good gear you have to play the AH or the coming soon RMAH... have fun...

Let's try not to flood a serious topic with ad verbatim trolling. Every other end of act boss has a waypoint right at the end. Obviously this is a bug and I would love to know if anyone has a work around.
Reply Quote

Let's try not to flood a serious topic with ad verbatim trolling.

I think you forgot... you are on the official Diablo 3 forum. :P

And I'm in the same boat. I will get the wp in one game, and not have it in the next.
Reply Quote
Bump, anyone else having this problem?
Reply Quote
I have this problem as well.
Reply Quote
Is a rather annoying issue that needs looking into.
Reply Quote
This is not universally true.

Trying to farm butcher on Inferno, I am one who is unable to keep the waypoint. One of my buddies, however, does have it. He hosts the game, jumps down to agony level 3, and I take his banner.

I have no idea why this is the case.

Does he complete the run with you?
Reply Quote
The reason this happens is because of how the chapters work. When you restart a chapter, only the specific points Bliz predetermined that you have already found will be active at the chapter breaks. If it is a waypoint you find as you progress, it will be reset every time you replay that chapter.

Its the same reason you can jump straight to Diablo but not to the way point just after Izual.
Edited by Twentytwo#1157 on 6/8/2012 10:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Whatever the reason, needs looking into. Waypoints are there to be had for a reason.
Reply Quote
but how are you supposed to get to level three in the halls of agony? ive been walking around level two for way too long trying to find it...
Reply Quote
06/10/2012 03:21 PMPosted by dotilumbrjak
but how are you supposed to get to level three in the halls of agony? ive been walking around level two for way too long trying to find it...

You go out to a pass, into the jail where you fought the Warden, and then down to level 3.
Reply Quote
1.04 and still no fix.... anyone?
Reply Quote
whats the big deal? you are supposed to farm through the warden on to the hoa 3..

if not you may as well just do a farm run without bothering to do warden and butcher

eg: a1 fast run
find watchtower, no watch tower = remake

1) leoric courtyard
2) festering woods
3) scout for cave of moon. you should have 5 stacks by now. if not just hope you don't encounter a gob before the elite packs , enter cave of mo
4) watch tower
5) cemetary, 1 elite each, do jar of souls or matriach bones
remake for fast runs. otherwise proceed on to
hall of agony 1->butcher clearing everything.
Reply Quote
Lol why the hell would you want to go straight to the butcher? Pointless.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]