Diablo® III

I did it! I finally Did It! (Act II)

Not finished mind you... but I killed up to Maghda with 5 stacks solo. Only skipped like one Elite pack as well(Wasps).

Last night I bought two really cheap items on the AH for minor resists, and decent HP values, respecced almost entirely into tank, and then went two man with my wizard buddy. My gear has not increased that much from when I got absolutely clobbered in Act II.

There seems to be this magical tipping point for Barbarian where you have enough Effective Health Points to live long enough to actually survive past a certain period where Revenge/Ignore Pain keeps you alive.

There was a lot of dieing mind you, but together, me and my buddy got all the way up to the Oasis, and found Zolton Kulles head. I can't express the amount of satisfaction that it feels like I'm progressing again.

I know around 500,000 EHP I can't seem to do it, but once I got around 700,000+ EHP it starts to become a bit more workable. I was a big fan of going mostly offensive with a one hander, and decided to drop some strength gems, buy some more vit, and switch all my skills to survival, and it worked out better than I expected.

It's a tough hurdle to get over, and I will still need to farm Act I i think a little for gold, but I'm no longer stonewalled.
Reply Quote
Grats!
Reply Quote
Well if you team up with a wizard or DH...
Reply Quote
Just wait till you get to Zulle himself. It'll take a long time, but throw some axes while running in circles is how everyone seems to be doing it.
Reply Quote
Teaming w/a Wiz or a DH seems the way to go. I only co-op my Barb w a DH. It makes me a bit more effective. Equipt really matters for barbs. I've been scrounging for Resist all Items for days now and I am pretty close to getting into Act 2 without getting slaughtered every few seconds. Anything that can heal you will help. I've been playing w Vit/Strength numbers plus Resists and I think I'm finally making progress too. Farming Act 1 was getting boring..Ready to move on!!
Reply Quote
I'm running with around..

51k hp
8500 armour
410 resist all(physical is higher)
18k dps

Threatening Shout(attack speed lower one)
Revenge (procs more one)
Warcry (Resist one)
Leap(Iron Impact)
Frenzy(sidearm)
Ignore Pain(iron hide/Bliss)

All armour passives, and superstition. Did it with Ruthless as well solo instead of super stition. However I have 0 life on hit.

So I went 'super tank'
Edited by Haurbus#1590 on 6/6/2012 9:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
06/06/2012 09:16 AMPosted by Haurbus
and then went two man with my wizard buddy

06/06/2012 09:16 AMPosted by Haurbus
but I killed up to Maghda with 5 stacks solo.

Either I missed something obvious or...
Reply Quote
Grats man! Hope you see more success soon!

I'm working on getting geared for act 3 right now. (which means looking for a Justice lantern since I already bought a helm of command =P)

shameless plug: LF justice lantern, 2 mil.
Reply Quote
06/06/2012 09:36 AMPosted by Bamf
and then went two man with my wizard buddy

but I killed up to Maghda with 5 stacks solo.

Either I missed something obvious or...

Sorry, still a little excited.

Started with Wizard buddy first, got up to Oasis, found Zolton Kulles head. We started at the start of the Act as well.

After wizard buddy went to bed, I tried it again without superstition(ruthless), and I soloed from start up to Maghda. Killed like 7, or 8 elite packs, skipped one, killed Maghda, went to bed after that.
Reply Quote

51k hp
8500 armour
18k dps

Revenge (procs more one)
Warcry (Resist one)
Leap(Iron Impact)
Frenzy(sidearm)

All armour passives, and superstition. Did it with Ruthless as well solo instead of super stition. However I have 0 life on hit.

So I went 'super tank'

I run with an identical spec but use WotB instead of Threatening Shout.

It must take forever to kill some things without WotB.
Reply Quote

51k hp
8500 armour
18k dps

Revenge (procs more one)
Warcry (Resist one)
Leap(Iron Impact)
Frenzy(sidearm)

So I went 'super tank'

I run with an identical spec but use WotB instead of Threatening Shout.

It must take forever to kill some things without WotB.

Not really. I run around with 18-19k damage with my one hander.
Reply Quote
06/06/2012 09:51 AMPosted by JayMonay
There seems to be this magical tipping point for Barbarian where you have enough Effective Health Points to live long enough to actually survive past a certain period where Revenge/Ignore Pain keeps you alive.

I'd credit this to last patch; if blizz will admit to it or not I am sure they tweaked inferno considering even I was able to make it to act 3 last night; and I haven't even played my barb in weeks.

Well if Blizzard did anything or not, the game is built around what I feel to be kind of a absolute "yes" or "no" when it comes to content. You are either able to survive longer than 5 seconds, or you arent and if you can't you aren't able to do the content.

This is where I believe that huntes/wizards are able to do similar content with lower gear. They don't have that 'survive' pre-requesite and can just kite, and out range most things. In case of barbarian it just feels like if you reach that tipping point, content becomes somewhat trivial, or easy after being able to survive.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Cleared Act II last night from Zulle to Belial with ease 2h. Not even 20k dps but i had around 550-600 resist and 70%+ Armor with the 2h Cookie Cutter Build. Just need to have some gear it takes a while if your not fed.
Reply Quote
06/06/2012 10:38 AMPosted by Pwoykinsx
Cleared Act II last night from Zulle to Belial with ease 2h. Not even 20k dps but i had around 550-600 resist and 70%+ Armor with the 2h Cookie Cutter Build. Just need to have some gear it takes a while if your not fed.

Curious what your HP was as well.
Reply Quote
81 Human Hunter
u need help my 8 yr old granddaughter can help you shes at level 66 warrior
Reply Quote
Maybe i'm missing something here, but - These 'super tank' builds, or other barbs in general have more dps then me. Do you guys just spend 2-5mil on a 1k-1200 dps 1hander, or have a boat load of str? I'm only at 10-13k, depending if I use BR or not.
Reply Quote
I went 2 hander all the way, and had to compensate by stacking more stats. The advantage is killing things quickly, the disadvantage is having to spend ridiculous amounts of money.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]