Below are my observations as well as the machine specs and game settings I used while testing both graphics options.
- The frame rate has greatly improved. ~12-19fps at native resolution.
- Given the issues apparent while using the 9600M, this card seems to be the best option at the moment.
- Initial frame rate has greatly improved. ~32-55fps. This lasts for 3-5 minutes if the system was freshly rebooted prior to launching the game.
- Just as before the patch, within 5 minutes of playing, the frame rate begins to cycle through three distinct frequency ranges. While observing the frame rate, a typical 2-second interval looks something like this:
- Low frequency range: 8-11fps (lasts for ~1.2s)
- Middle frequency range: 18-25fps (lasts for ~0.1s)
- High frequency range: 32-55fps (lasts for ~0.7s)
Mac OS X v10.7.4
2.6GHz Core 2 Duo
4GB 1067 MHz DDR3
2009 MacBook Pro 15"
Texture quality: Low
Shadow quality: Off
Clutter Density: Off
Low FX: On