Diablo® III

Cycling/spiking Frame Rate After Patch

(Locked)

I hope that Blizzard addresses this issue or some new problems, which appeared in 1.0.3., in the next patch, which might come sooner than later.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5912291975
This morning, when i was having these spikes in the game, I used "cmd tab" to use other programs while the game "went normal"; but i noticed that all mi pc was at the same "spiking", i mean while passing the mouse over the dock, it stopped and went normal at the same rates.

I don´t know if this is useful
Playing a late-'09 MBP, 2G Ram, 9400m card. This game was nearly unplayable because of framerate issues. I bought a can-'o-airblast and a Belkin Cooling Lounge and can now play in 1078x800 with minimal hiccups. Just thought I'd share this for others with heat-related issues.
06/24/2012 06:20 PMPosted by xrahrahmanx
Playing a late-'09 MBP, 2G Ram, 9400m card. This game was nearly unplayable because of framerate issues. I bought a can-'o-airblast and a Belkin Cooling Lounge and can now play in 1078x800 with minimal hiccups. Just thought I'd share this for others with heat-related issues.

Where or what do you air blast on a MBP?
Gents,
Any feedback on the 2008/2009 Macbook pro with the new patch.

I have just tested with the new patch and not seeing any difference. On a cooling pad and my fans are running at 6100 rpm. I have no programs running but Diablo. My latency is 52 ms so its not latency its just very slow. One sec I run with the group and the next I am behind. Not really fun and I cannot see me upgrading my laptop just to play. I have also tried full screen and windowed mode. All settings is low or off and have done the file edit to select a different hardware profile.

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MBP51.007E.B06
SMC Version (system): 1.33f8

Important NOTE:
After some further testing it looks like I am getting smoother game play. What I did is to set everything low and reset my SMC and PRAM. This made a big difference. My fans are still spinning high but the graphics card is performing much better. Even at Bastions Keep
Will keep you posted
Edited by megaslinger#2500 on 6/27/2012 12:16 PM PDT
Well I was playing the game smoothly with no problems when I first bought it around June 2nd. Started noticing slower gameplay when 1.0.3 came out, but it would be fine after a restart of the system. Now, about a week into the recent patch my game would just be plain sloppy/choppy after a minute or two of gameplay with lowest possible settings. Really disappointed as I was struggling with Inferno when it was hard as heck, and can't enjoy the new patch because I can't play. Tried all of the troubleshoots suggested, nothing worked. Can't really recommend this game so far to my friends as it has not met my expectations, and they also have MBPs LOL. Come on Blizz!

Here are my specs:

Model Identifier: MacBookPro6,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Processor Interconnect Speed: 4.8 GT/s
Boot ROM Version: MBP61.0057.B0C
SMC Version (system): 1.58f16
Serial Number (system): W8045ARYAGU
Hardware UUID: 34FDADC1-F571-571D-9F98-FB3F35CC008D
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled
Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0a29
Revision ID: 0x00a2
ROM Revision: 3560
gMux Version: 1.9.21

EDIT

Just repaired disk permission and did reset the SMC again, nothing worked in-game even with lower settings. Logged off then on 15 minutes later and it works like a charm with low settings, although horrible graphics. Tried to set the options higher but the gameplay worsened. Hopefully this is a temporary fix, before blizzard fixes the whole thing. Graphics makes it disgusting to play :-/
Edited by Laidback#1475 on 6/27/2012 9:51 PM PDT
I have been running close to the minimum Specs. The game was actually quote playable before 1.03, but I started getting a weird cycling frame rate with that patch.

Late 2010 Macbook Air
1.86 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
2G 1067MHz DDR3
NVIDIA Geforce 320M 256M
Lion 10.7.4

I've cleared the cache, and the game seems to run fine for perhaps 30-45 minutes, but gets gradually slower over time.
Has people given up complaining?

I still have all the previous problems, nothing has been fixed for me so far.

Late 2011 MBP.
No just given up completely. This is probably the last Blizzard game I'll be buying. :(
Ok so the NEW Macbook Pro 13 inch i5's come with the Intel HD Graphics 4000. Does anyone else have the same model and if so, what is your fps for D3?
90 Dwarf Paladin
2011 21" iMac, running of an SSD, seeing the same issues. Worked for a while decently, then started up. Tried resetting PRAM, resetting the SMC controller, repairing permissions, deleting cache folders, nothing helps so far. Pretty much unplayable at this point.

Also, noticed that WoW was doing the exact same thing. I followed the directions here:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4926492729

and it seemed to have cured it. Haven't tried out the beta client, just normal WoW.
Support Forum Agent
^^

Please test this out. At least reducing the sound channels from 32 to 16. Please let me know your feedback.
No, that made it MUCH worse.

Hardware Overview:

Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.53 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 8 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MBP51.007E.B06
SMC Version (system): 1.33f8

NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 512 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0647
Revision ID: 0x00a1
ROM Revision: 3437
gMux Version: 1.7.3
Displays:
Color LCD:
Resolution: 1440 x 900
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes
VE228:
Resolution: 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Display Serial Number: ABLMQS036078
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Rotation: Supported
Adapter Type: Mini DisplayPort To VGA Adapter
Adapter Firmware Version: 1.03

System Software Overview:

System Version: Mac OS X 10.6.8 (10K549)
Kernel Version: Darwin 10.8.0
Boot Volume: Macintosh HD
Boot Mode: Normal
Secure Virtual Memory: Enabled
64-bit Kernel and Extensions: Yes
Edited by DirkGently#1944 on 7/2/2012 3:36 PM PDT
Support Forum Agent
07/02/2012 03:35 PMPosted by DirkGently

What did you try, just the lowering sound channels to 16 or disabling the filtering?

What did you try, just the lowering sound channels to 16 or disabling the filtering?

I already had filtering turned off, changing the channels down to 16 made the cycles much more frequent and much worse in frame-rate drop.

Furthermore, this game is still unplayable for me without a secondary display hooked up. Looks like I am not going to be able to play for the next week while I am without it. Starcraft 2 has this same problem STILL. Oddly, none of my other games have this issue. This leads me to believe whatever base graphics framework code you have is buggy and is causing this.
Edited by DirkGently#1944 on 7/2/2012 5:10 PM PDT
Support Forum Agent
SC2 FPS issue is resolved in the beta 1.5 patch. You may want to check that out.

I'm wondering why the FPS would improve when you have an external display connected. Are you using both displays at once, or using clamshell mode? Have you tested this without any additional displays connected?
All I have is another display (1920x1080) hooked up so I am running two displays (that external and my laptop's screen). I have mentioned this a couple times:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5150764151
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5638004473?page=25#496

That overall performance is more stable with a secondary display connected than doing it without. If I can find a spare CRT in my attic then I might try with this later tonight, otherwise I am not going to be able to play until sunday due to the unstable framerate bouncing.
Support Forum Agent
I'll send this up for review and see what factors it could be doing.

The only thing I can think of is that I know when you connect a secondary display to the Mac, it does force the MacBookPro5,1 to always use the higher GPU. But I believe you've set this appropriately before.

Are you using an app like gfxCardStatus to force it to use the 9600 GPU?
Edited by Machkhan on 7/2/2012 5:36 PM PDT
I'll send this up for review and see what factors it could be doing.

The only thing I can think of is that I know when you connect a secondary display to the Mac, it does force the MacBookPro5,1 to always use the higher GPU. But I believe you've set this appropriately before.

Are you using an app like [url="http://codykrieger.com/gfxCardStatus"]gfxCardStatus[/url] to force it to use the 9600 GPU?

Yes, I always use the 9600M GT, this model cannot switch between the two on the fly, it requires a reboot of the windowserver. There is no way I can be using one over another. Anyway the 9400M supports multiple displays as well, there wouldn't be a reason for it to switch.
07/02/2012 05:19 PMPosted by Machkhan
SC2 FPS issue is resolved in the beta 1.5 patch. You may want to check that out.

Just installed the 1.5 arcade patch, and I see no difference, I am still bouncing between 20 and 40 fps constantly during gameplay. Not the point of this thread, but I don't see this issue resolved, so I am going to stick with my original statement of this problem still exists on both games and yet I don't see it in others, so I feel like your base graphics library is to blame here due to poor handling of something that is resulting in high fluctuations in frame-rate during gameplay.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]