Diablo® III

Cycling/spiking Frame Rate After Patch

(Locked)

62 Night Elf Priest
Have you attempted to run any hardware test at all? I had this issue with a 2010 macbook pro with dual cards (330M GT), and it turned out it was a hardware issue. Apple swaped it out with another macbook pro and I was good as gold. Might be worth it to take it to the Apple Store, even if it just for a nice cleaning of insides for dust bunnies.

Sorry blizz! I know you take a lot of slack, but keep up looking into this. While I don't have the issue anymore, keeping working to resolve it for others. I won't be shooting the waiter anymore =D
Have you attempted to run any hardware test at all? I had this issue with a 2010 macbook pro with dual cards (330M GT), and it turned out it was a hardware issue. Apple swaped it out with another macbook pro and I was good as gold. Might be worth it to take it to the Apple Store, even if it just for a nice cleaning of insides for dust bunnies.

Sorry blizz! I know you take a lot of slack, but keep up looking into this. While I don't have the issue anymore, keeping working to resolve it for others. I won't be shooting the waiter anymore =D

No it isn't a hardware issue, I do regular hardware tests (monthly in-fact).
07/02/2012 05:19 PMPosted by Machkhan
I'm wondering why the FPS would improve when you have an external display connected. Are you using both displays at once, or using clamshell mode? Have you tested this without any additional displays connected?

My performance was and is always better with an external display via MiniDisplayPort-to-HDMI as well. I'm playing at 720p. 1080p is also cool but the cable I use is crap and works better on 720p.

Using 2011 MacBook Air. Fullscreen mode (Not windowed). All settings on low. Both displays running. Clamshell mode works also fine.
I dug out a CRT, and injuring myself in the process, so it looks like I will be able to get it setup later tonight. Without a second display hooked up I get really bad cycling framerate from D3, with another one there it might cycle the range is only 5-10 fps at most and rarely happens so I am left playing at about 35-45fps.
OK, got the CRT up and running and I am able to verify that I have never used this secondary display before and I am getting a solid 35fps throughout play. So far I have not seen any stuttering while playing on my monk, I will definitely try a few of my other heros though to test it over time. So far I see no fluctuations in frame-rate with a secondary display hooked up via mini-displayport to VGA.
Rubber banding is getting worse , so much so that I cannot play. Running MBP 9600m , pls help!
That is all
I've also witnessed the rubber banding using just the build in LCD.

I tested this out too with quartz debug since the built in FPS meter is broken (thats gotta tell you something is wonky huh?)

using a 1st gen unibody macbook pro, 4gigs ram, with the 512mb 9600m GT chip, running in windowed (fullscreen) mode, without a second monitor attached the fps bounced between 10-30-ish. in full screen mode frame rates were higher but i couldn't measure them with quartz debug because it gets sent to the background, but there was definitely rubber banding still, just a higher fps range.

Now with just a monitor attached, not even running D3 on that monitor the frame rates were a solid 30 in windowed fullscreen mode at 1440x900 the native LCD resolution. also in fullscreen mode, no measurement cause the build in FPS is broken, but it was much smoother experience too.
i give up. decreased gameplay has returned, don't want to bother to try to fix it. very little gameplay for a 60 dollar game. good luck to all the MBP users.
Machkhan, can we have an update on the status of this filing, or have a ticket number to refer to ?

Last time I reported this for SC2 it just got blackholed and never fixed. I would appreciate a method to followup on this problem.
Either that or can we please have instructions on this thread posted for getting a refund. I think a lot of people would rather have their money back. Patience has been exhausted.
What's the word. Any news on this issue. Still waiting patiently.
85 Orc Hunter
@Machkhan - Since my computer is showing signs of this cyclical slowdowns, I figured I could try to record an Instruments profiling run for you guys. The CPU and calls recording I have shows a cyclical pattern that perfectly matches the slowdowns I'm seeing in game.

Would you like me to send you the .trace file in some way? Please let me know.

We will fix this in a future patch.

Any update on this yet?
I used a box and a big fan to cool my computer but now I am in another house, I can't use this setup (because of room and noise), and I can't play this game I bought.
I am not able to play and i'm afraid to damage my computer, how can I have my money back ?
no news from blizzard or any patch in weeks. have they finally abandoned the community? this issue has been present almost since day one...
07/26/2012 09:53 AMPosted by Zonk
no news from blizzard or any patch in weeks. have they finally abandoned the community? this issue has been present almost since day one...

Those issues were even known during the beta, they were reported by mac players. I guess you're right Blizzard don't care about Mac community, they've just waited people stopped complaining and forgot those issues... (FPS = 0 ha ha)... well I don't care about blizzard now.
At least.. At least have the decency to update on the situation. Even if you got nothing.
Right now i am, and righteously, feeling that since you got my money you don't give a damn.

Now why does it have to be necessary for me to address this issue in this tone and attitude.
Really.. why?

Tip: Your ignorance.

Maybe you care.
Maybe you are still working 24/7 on solving this issue, which i very much doubt.
But either way since you don't take the time to reach your customers and give them the little tiniest bit of information possible, i say it's pure ignorance sir.

Have a nice day. I know mine is ruined
Edited by Warjo#2854 on 7/31/2012 7:08 AM PDT
ressing cancel after completing the list of steps on activity monitor seems to works "at the moment" for me..................

This game has more bugs than than the black Plague on MAc. After the the last major update on mac it really fubard our FPS that we were praying for on launch date. So we were able to play and enjoy diablo maybe 2 weeks after already waiting a month to play it since launch day, only to have to Fried on another update...................

Which brings me to this now....... Perhaps the update for ML on MAc is pertaining to this but i am already starting to game on other consoles since i feel that this game has never really ran at its optimum on MAC. Its a shame and a damn pitty that this is occuring. I feel bad for the mac dev team on Bliazzard since they can only do so much with their generic staff line up and roster i mean give me a break here! DO SOMETHING ALREADY. i can only empathize for so long. this game is just sorry now and i cant even play or even enjoy it. rubber banding, no FPS icon, lag with water on FPS, LOw FPS!!, did all the trouble shooting so need to piss on my leg and tell me its raining.................

Greatest disappointment of 2k 12 Diablo 3 launch on MAC - total devastation.!!!

NVIDIA GeForce 9400M:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
Type: GPU
Bus: PCI
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0863
Revision ID: 0x00b1
ROM Revision: 3427
Displays:
Color LCD:
Resolution: 1280 x 800
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,5
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.53 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 8 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MBP55.00AC.B03
SMC Version (system): 1.47f2
Serial Number (system): W8922JRL66E
Hardware UUID: 3610BD16-D3B5-5072-822C-9D6CAFC85306
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled
Any word... update?
imac mid 2011
i7 3,4 ghz
12gb 1333 Ram
27"
ati 6970m 2gb

OSX 10.8 ML

the game runs better for me in ML then Lion but still a joke - FPS drops. Stutterin - LAGS and so on. wrote my fingers down during the beta test- wrote my fingers to the bones after release. nothing happend.

so ... just waiting to quit this game. nothing will change ...
SC2 with 1.5 also nothing changed for the mac community.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]