Diablo® III

Cycling/spiking Frame Rate After Patch

(Locked)

Just as valve has been unable to fix many of the performance issues that have plagued its source games on osx, blizzard will fail to adress the issues players are having with diablo 3.
So let's be straight Blizzard. Is this the best it's gonna get. That's it. There is no more improvements? It has been weeks and no word. Nothing. We just want to know if you are working on it or not.
Edited by Haloman#1852 on 8/14/2012 7:29 AM PDT
Nothing in patch note's about this?
Sad to hear :s ...
Any news on this? My i7 and 9750 with 16gb ram and 2x ssd has same issue.
Will have to put D3 away.
Got the same issue!

iMac 27 inches 2010:
Processor 2.8 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 12 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics ATI Radeon HD 5750 1024 MB
Software OS X 10.8.1 (12B19)

Game settings:
Resolution: 2560*1440
Texture quality: High
Shadow quality: On
Physics: High
Low FX: Off
Vsync: On
AA: Off

As I checked, the issue seems like settings independent! I tried different combinations of the settings, including changing the resolution, but it just changes the rate of FPS with around 30 fps at the maximum settings (the lower the settings, the higher fps, of course). But it cycles all the time, from 5-7 fps up to the maximum! Really irritating.
As i already wrote in the other post - use bootcamp / windows, and the FPS drops will go away instantly.
As i already wrote in the other post - use bootcamp / windows, and the FPS drops will go away instantly.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6412972464

A clear example of what I'm saying.
If you want to spend the money to buy a Windows Licence so you that you run the game on Windows on Mac Hardware that is your own business.

However, the game is broken on the Mac OS, and clearly if they are going to continue to Lie about supporting the hardware they should offer every Mac user which this hardware ether a rebate for Lieing about support, and then continuing the lie until after the return window had past.

I'm going to attempt something crazy to attempt to fix the issue tonight, but unless 1.04 changed something major I don't believe it will fix the issue, but If it does I'll let everyone know.

I need it working on the Mac so my Wife won't need to use my Linux Box just to play.
----
edit

Fresh Install of Mac OS - no noticeable change
New Faster hard drive - no noticeable change
Putting most of Mpqs onto Ram Drive - Slight change. Slowdowns occur followed by rapid catchup.
Edited by Vaux#1580 on 8/28/2012 9:28 PM PDT
Looks like similar problems with the new WoW patch.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6412493648?page=1
Quick survey: Will this be the end of D3 for mac users?
I think it's the end of Blizz for Mac users.
I am running it on my iMac 27" With the following spec
OSX Mountain Lion
3.1GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 with 6MB on-chip shared L3 cache
AMD Radeon HD 6970M graphics processor with 1GB of GDDR5 memory
4GB RAM

This is a 2012 Model with all the top of the line hardware .

Its still a shame that the game still lags and spikes in random places specially during a big fight when the fight gets a big intense . That is not the time for the lags and the spikes to come in .
Right now all the settings are by default , so i am guessing that is the recommended settings.
Need your support on this . The game doesn't seems to get along with the mac very well . Need technical team to help me out with it .
Support Forum Agent
Hey all,

I've created a new thread for data collection on this, so we can gather additional system information and send this to our team for even further research. Please read the first post for additional information requested, and how you can provide that information. Thanks!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6489939670
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]