Diablo® III

how do you determine which items to keep?

i see some items with pretty good stats but they are blue in color, but when i put them on AH they cant seem to sell even if i put them at 5k . so what factors do you consider when keeping an item? we have limited storage space and limited space on AH as well. please guide...
Reply Quote
Varies on items. Change your mindset as a buyer. I know that I look for cheap stuff, in the first few pages, especially weapons. So if I have a DPS weapon off the first few pages, that's really weak for the level, scroll to the page and see the average prices and lowball. I lowball because I want people to buy my stuff and I hate waiting. YOu make more selling for low than to leave an item up for 18hrs and never sell.

If I have a weapon dps for on level par when I search and lands the first 3 pages, I know to vary my price pending on the other items on that level. So if I have a 40dps, and the max for the level looks like 43, pending on how good the rest of the stats are I'll sell a bit lower than the 43 is priced. I also look for the majority of the prices. If I see 20k 25k 15k, then I know it's around 20k. There are always some folks that sell for ridiculous prices, I ignore them as most folks don't buy the over priced stuff.
Edited by LeakyEar#1551 on 6/7/2012 12:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
thx for the hasty replies
Reply Quote
When I shop at AH (and mind you I'm in NM...not Hell or Inferno yet) I type in 3 things.

Dex or Int or Str
Vit
Has Sockets or Attack Speed or Life %

The AS and L% are for later levels though...

Hope this helps!!!
Reply Quote
For weapons, DPS > all. The DPS matters ALOT. I don't really mind even if it has no other stats but so long the DPS is higher.

For other pieces of gear it is sort of a mixture of stats. Blues with good rolls on main stat + vit is a good sell. Obviously a lv 9 chest piece with 25 vit / 25 str sells ALOT more than lv 50 chest piece with the same stats. You have to weigh it against itemlevels.

I find helms generally useless without a gem slot but that is your call.

Similarly, if you see crap like int / str on a DH chest you can also safely vendor it.
Reply Quote
Any armor with decent vitality for the lvl + another stat (str, dex). Sockets in helms, chest and pants help. Higher DPS weapons with a socket, str or dex. Life on hit/life % helps on weapons also.

Also, anything under lvl 40, I throw up for fairly cheap (under 10k). lvl 40-50 items (under 10-20k) without doing any market research. Do people really buy those 200k items for a few extra stat points? I know I would go for the 20k item that had slightly lower stats and save 180k. Items over lvl 50 I will do more market research and price accordingly.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]