Diablo® III

Language issues. (Error 81)

I'm from Brazil and bought the physical game. Until yesterday I was playing my game in English. All good. No problems at all and having a blast.

When I try to log in today I get error 81. It says this:
"The client does not match the account's native language.
Please use the game's original client. (Error 81)"

So now I must play in Portuguese. Please tell me there's a way to play the game in whichever language I want.

If I knew this I would have bought the game online. If playing in English isn't possible (which is pathetic) I'm going to try to get a refund from the store I bought the game to buy it again online. This is ridiculous. Why can't I play in English?

Please, any help is welcome.
Edited by TheCroaker#1933 on 6/8/2012 10:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
to com o mesmo problema!
Reply Quote
the same problem but im form mexico y got my rentail box yesterday and i cant play it on english wtf
i bought it at full price ont he store i didn't got it from rusia... and i only cna play it on sortuguese or LA spanish lol
i want my money/rentail key back....
Edited by Tezuz#1983 on 6/8/2012 11:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Same here. I'm from Brazil too and I'll not play a game where my char will be screaming "booola de fogo" all the time. Do you guys think that the supoort will resolve this soon or at least look this board?
Reply Quote
Same problem here, I wish a I could help you guys, but I'm also in this same !@#$ situation
Reply Quote
WOW... I Love Blizzard
I called to the Support in Brazil and I heared a nice thing:

THE GAME BOUGHT IN PHYSICAL STORES CAN ONLY USE THE NATIVE LANGUAGE. THERE'S NO WAY TO DOWNLOAD THE OTHER LANGUAGES AND USES IT!

now, Blizzard, I don't want to play as a Arcanista ou Caçador de Demônios ¬¬
Reply Quote
06/08/2012 12:30 PMPosted by Caothicus
THE GAME BOUGHT IN PHYSICAL STORES CAN ONLY USE THE NATIVE LANGUAGE. THERE'S NO WAY TO DOWNLOAD THE OTHER LANGUAGES AND USES IT!

OK seriously, they bended you guys over in the worst possible way! I feel sorry for you :(
Reply Quote
Same problem here
i bought the game on a store (physically) and i was playing in english until yesterday
now that i tried to log in, it says that i can only play in spanish or portuguese
i didn't bought the game to play it in spanish
im a chilean player but i've always preffered games in english

so, if i cant have my game in english, please i would like you to find a way to give my money back
Edited by Entroper#1285 on 6/8/2012 12:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Same !@#$ here ! I WON'T play in portuguese ! Blizzard fix this !!!
Reply Quote
That's so retarded.... Just ABSURDLY retarded....
Reply Quote
Same freacking thing that the dudes above me mentioned is happening to me.

It doesn't freacking make sense, why should I be obligated to play a game in my national language? I bought with MY money, so I play in whatever language I want. That's freacking outrageous to force me to play the game in a way I do not want. What the hell is wrong with Blizzard????
Reply Quote
same S H I T here!!, lets just bomb blizzard with request to fix this, this is ABSOLUTELY STUPID!!!
Reply Quote
Pleaze Blizzard give us the choice -

To play the game in any languages we want
Reply Quote
This is outrageous.
Blizzard should be ashamed.
Reply Quote
Same here ! We need it fixed !!! what's the problem on playing in whichever language I want ???
Reply Quote
I WANT TO PLAY IN ENGLISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ENGLISH
ENGLISH
ENGLISH

COME ON STOP THIS! FIX THIS!

ENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGLLLLLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I´M FREAKING OUT!!
Don´t want to hear deckrad Cain with a fake and horrible voice..they are ruining my childhood!
Reply Quote
This is !@#$ing nonsense!

It's acceptable to have all these translation packs coming along with the game, but it's more than reasonable allowing people to choose whatever language they what!

That's nonsense, I have a friend who bought the retail version and PLAYS IN ENGLISH!
What's the problem with that????

I want to play in English, for god sakes!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]