Diablo® III

Will the RMAH kill the Gold Auction House?

85 Night Elf Rogue
I have a feeling good gear will be nigh-impossible for people to get on the gold AH once RMAH launches.

The current people who are farming and selling gold will just buy out anything of worth on the Gold Auction House and re-list it on RMAH for a real-money profit, leaving no decent gear for people who aren't interested in dumping more real currency into the game they've already purchased.

The sad part is, I'm not sure if Blizzard will even want to do anything about it, since they get a cut of each sale... the gold farmers win == Blizzard's win.

Am I missing some facet of how this will work that might prevent this from happening?
Reply Quote
Sounds about right. I think the chinese farmers will dominate the rmah though, and after the first hours of it being live pass you'll see that the prices are going to be in terms of cents rather than dollars for most if not all items.
Reply Quote
Everyone can have the RMAH. I look fwd to the GAH being a bit smaller and easier to work in. Perhaps prices might even go down woot!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]