Diablo® III

Anyone giving Torchlight 2 a chance?

TL2 won't get here soon enough.
Reply Quote
After seeing some Youtube vids of Torchlight 2, it actually looks pretty fun. I honestly never thought I would give TL2 a chance because it looks too cartoonish but D3 just got so boring.

I was a hardcore D2 fan, played hours and hours, loved the game. D3 just doesn't live up to it.
I'm not quitting D3, it's still too early but can't go wrong with giving TL2 a chance, only $20, anyone else giving it a try?

Torchlight 2 isn't really the game a lot of Diablo fans are looking for. There will be no competitive scene, there is no strongly regulated online component.

Torchlight 2 is a game that will be fun for you if you really enjoy playing ARPGs. Content-wise, it will have more than D3. Mechanically, it is a mixture of old-school concepts, deep randomization, and modern conveniences (dynamic tool-tips and all that jazz).

Personally I'm excited about it, but e-peenish types won't find much to their liking since the online component is totally unregulated.
Reply Quote
torchlight 2 look alright, i'll probably check it out. the first one was pretty fun.

i'm more psyched for path of exile's closed beta to end though.
Reply Quote
First one was pretty bad, but I might try the second one. Should be worth $20.
Reply Quote
Made by ex-Blizzard North, the crew that made the masterpiece we all know and love called Diablo2.
The first game is awesome, and the likelyhood of TL2 being even better is incredibly high.
Reply Quote
After seeing some Youtube vids of Torchlight 2, it actually looks pretty fun. I honestly never thought I would give TL2 a chance because it looks too cartoonish but D3 just got so boring.

I was a hardcore D2 fan, played hours and hours, loved the game. D3 just doesn't live up to it.
I'm not quitting D3, it's still too early but can't go wrong with giving TL2 a chance, only $20, anyone else giving it a try?

God, yes. I beta'd Torchlight2. I'm not hating on D3, I have fun with it. But my experience with TL2 was just more fun.
Reply Quote
Just pre-ordered TL2. Going to play TL1 that came along with it!
Reply Quote
Inb4 TL2 is boring after a few weeks in.
Reply Quote
To be honest...im not really interested in TL or POE...i can only take so much of ArcadeRPG and there's a boatload of mmorpgs out there that are better for mixing up casual relaxing play and action intensive play.

I really think the competition is just going to be this this game, with more bugs, more complexity, and less "fun" since they are obviously going to appeal to the hardcore players who were looking for more of the full time job substitute.

I think the biggest allure with the next gen arcadeRPG is that there was really nothing since D2...just a bunch of cheap attempts to make a diablo mmorpg (if i can recall) and then all of a sudden D3 then TL then POE.

I think the wait gave people each their own specific expectations and a lot were not met with D3 and therefore they rest their hope on the next game like it...which wont live up to its expectation...and then on to the next....people do this with mmorpgs only there's not
10year+ wait between games out.

Once TL comes out youll hear all its issues as well...same with POE only that ones going to be smaller i think and more issues due to small indy developers.

Also...isnt TL being developed by perfect world? if so everything they touch turns to shat...they are a horrid developer and will end up gouging their players wallets.
Reply Quote
06/10/2012 06:14 PMPosted by Schoolsterz
The first Torchlight was about 500x more fun than Diablo 3, so I can't wait for T2 so I can say !@#$ diablo and get a refund.

you have a strange taste in games, cause the first Torchlight was a boring steaming pile
Reply Quote
Torchlight 2 does not have enough PvP - so fail.
Reply Quote
I do. i will buy it.
Reply Quote
06/10/2012 06:57 PMPosted by Vaathen
Torchlight 2 does not have enough PvP - so fail.

right now, it has as much PvP as diablo 3.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]