Diablo® III

Anyone giving Torchlight 2 a chance?

06/10/2012 07:29 PMPosted by What
TL2 is looking good. Also look up lineage eternal. It's what D3 should have been.

Lineage 3 (eternal) looks awesome, but at this stage, who knows when it'll be out.
Reply Quote
I've enjoyed the Beta. Will be playing both.
Reply Quote
For sure, it's made by the real Blizzard working under the name Runic Games. Not like Activision's Diablo 3 Reboot.
Edited by Copacetic#1528 on 6/10/2012 7:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/10/2012 06:01 PMPosted by Clearlynotop
Why, Diablo 3 is amazing.

Diablo is so broken has so many holes and exploits not even the most fanboys of Activison can say diablo is amazing.
Reply Quote
I am going to buy TL2. D3 sucks. Wasting 110 dollars for a beta game.
Reply Quote
06/10/2012 07:37 PMPosted by Copacetic
For sure, it's made by the real Blizzard working under the name Runic Games. Not like Activision's Diablo 3 Reboot.

I feel like D3 is the equivalent of a reboot of the lord of the rings, there would be nowhere to go but down.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Ok, I took a look at some screenshots on the TL2 site. I can only assume that the people that are excited for this game are not the same people who are constantly complaining that D3 looks too much like WoW?

Because man.....those TL2 pictures show me exactly what a dungeon crawler would look like if it looked like WoW.

Of course, I play WoW and don't have a problem with that. However, anyone who complained about "WoWablo" and then goes over to play TL2 has got to be the biggest hypocrite in the history of the internet.
Reply Quote
I enjoyed Torchlight, and I have preordered Torchlight II. There's nothing wrong with the "cartoony" graphics... not sure why that's even a complaint, let alone a popular one.

In the mean time, I'll continue collecting money from my 9-5 and enjoying the Path of Exile beta in the evenings.
Edited by Ginosaji#1307 on 6/10/2012 7:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
After seeing some Youtube vids of Torchlight 2, it actually looks pretty fun. I honestly never thought I would give TL2 a chance because it looks too cartoonish but D3 just got so boring.

I was a hardcore D2 fan, played hours and hours, loved the game. D3 just doesn't live up to it.
I'm not quitting D3, it's still too early but can't go wrong with giving TL2 a chance, only $20, anyone else giving it a try?

Not sure, but I might. Looks almost more cartoony and less gritty then the first game. Which is not a good sign for me. I liked Torchlight, however I am not thrilled with the over ridiculous anime cartoon graphics.
Reply Quote
I'll be trying out Torchlight 2, yes. Although it's not because of the difficulty of Diablo 3 Inferno, but because I enjoyed Torchlight 1.
Reply Quote
Ok, I took a look at some screenshots on the TL2 site. I can only assume that the people that are excited for this game are not the same people who are constantly complaining that D3 looks too much like WoW?

Because man.....those TL2 pictures show me exactly what a dungeon crawler would look like if it looked like WoW.

Of course, I play WoW and don't have a problem with that. However, anyone who complained about "WoWablo" and then goes over to play TL2 has got to be the biggest hypocrite in the history of the internet.

It is amusing, I agree. I think these two games are an awesome combination of ARPGs. Both can cover various niches within what is already a niche genre. Add in Path of Exile and Grim Dawn in the near(ish) future, and if one cannot be satisfied with something in the current ARPG market, then I fear for his/her soul.
Reply Quote
06/10/2012 07:40 PMPosted by Exile
A Texture Mod Will Come Out Eventually For TL :D No Cartoony Graphics Then

..Or any other way you want them to look (within reason). The beauty of a mod community, endless free content and skins, etc. Offline mode, $20.
Reply Quote
52 Blood Elf Hunter
TL2 is for the WoW lover who wants to do nothing but run loot-a-thons.

But hey, if it's the best way you guys can make a decent dollar in the TL-RMAH, then more power to you.

See you back here in a year.
Reply Quote
TL2 is for the WoW lover who wants to do nothing but run loot-a-thons.

But hey, if it's the best way you guys can make a decent dollar in the TL-RMAH, then more power to you.

See you back here in a year.

Fail.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]