Diablo® III

Deciding on a laptop for Diablo 3...

Hey guys.
I recently bought an Asus laptop, but it could not run Diablo 3 well at all... These were the specs:
Intel Core i7 2670QM 2.2gHz
6 GB DIMM
750GB 7200rpm Hard Drive
Nvidia GeForce GT 630M 2GB

I played Diablo 3 for a week with that laptop, but I couldn't stand the major fps lag and such... In Act 3, I swear I was getting as low as 5 fps on low settings. I even turned down some features on the graphics card!

I returned this laptop about 2 days ago... Now I'm looking for a new one that game play Diablo 3 smoothly on high settings.

I'm thinking about getting a HP Pavilion dv6t-7000 Quad Edition Entertainment Notebook PC. These are the specs:

Intel Core i7 3610QM 2.3gHz
8 GB RAM memory (2 DIMM)
750GB 7200rpm Hard Drive
Nvidia GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Do you guys think this will be able to run Diablo 3 on high with no lag with this HP Laptop? Especially in Acts 3 and 4 and what not. I had researched the Asus laptop that I had previously bought and everybody kept giving it good reviews for Diablo 3 so I thought it'd be good for me too, but I thought wrong...

Can you guys let me know if I should get this HP Laptop? If not, can anyone recommend me a good gaming laptop under $1000 with a 3rd generation i7 processor and atleast 6GB Ram and a hard drive with 7200rpm and a good graphics card?

Thanks in advance!
Reply Quote
Why are you so decided on an ivy i7?

Anyways that HP should be able to run d3...
Reply Quote
Shouldn't be a spec issue. Unknown.
Reply Quote
lenovo ideapad y580... gtx 660m.

edit: that hp laptop looks decent. definitely can run d3.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GT-650M.71887.0.html
Edited by zanderc#6116 on 6/11/2012 12:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Hey guys.
I recently bought an Asus laptop, but it could not run Diablo 3 well at all... These were the specs:
Intel Core i7 2670QM 2.2gHz
6 GB DIMM
750GB 7200rpm Hard Drive
Nvidia GeForce GT 630M 2GB

I played Diablo 3 for a week with that laptop, but I couldn't stand the major fps lag and such... In Act 3, I swear I was getting as low as 5 fps on low settings. I even turned down some features on the graphics card!

I returned this laptop about 2 days ago... Now I'm looking for a new one that game play Diablo 3 smoothly on high settings.

I'm thinking about getting a HP Pavilion dv6t-7000 Quad Edition Entertainment Notebook PC. These are the specs:

Intel Core i7 3610QM 2.3gHz
8 GB RAM memory (2 DIMM)
750GB 7200rpm Hard Drive
Nvidia GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Do you guys think this will be able to run Diablo 3 on high with no lag with this HP Laptop? Especially in Acts 3 and 4 and what not. I had researched the Asus laptop that I had previously bought and everybody kept giving it good reviews for Diablo 3 so I thought it'd be good for me too, but I thought wrong...

Can you guys let me know if I should get this HP Laptop? If not, can anyone recommend me a good gaming laptop under $1000 with a 3rd generation i7 processor and atleast 6GB Ram and a hard drive with 7200rpm and a good graphics card?

Thanks in advance!

Actually it is not the laptop's fault. It is sadly Diablo3 servers.

Edit:
the Asus laptop you mentioned is enough to play this game, unfortunately the LAG you mentioned is caused by the Diablo 3 servers.
do not blame the hardware.
Edited by Neron#1946 on 6/11/2012 12:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Go with the laptop that doesn't involve playing Diablo 3, that's my opinion.
Reply Quote
Sounds like it might be a hardware issue. If you go to the shop itself, I can guarantee 100% of them will be gamers. Find one who plays Diablo on a laptop and go from there. There were some really screwy drivers that nVidia released a couple of months back, stuffed up anything with a nVidia card in it. Get a laptop with a nVidia card in it, and immediately upgrade the drivers from the website, I suspect that is where your issues come from.
Reply Quote
ummm my air can run it now with all low setting now after the patch
try lowering a bit of your video options

and i dont see that hp one getting any better since the graphic card on that one is worse
Reply Quote
Just get something that can play Diablo 2, it seems like the better game at this point.
Reply Quote
1 word. Alienware. BAM!!!
Reply Quote
This is a good question. I will be moving to Univ in a month and i plan to get a new laptop.

Anyone who is already playing D3 on a lappie advise me on which model to pick up?

My budget is around $1500, was thinking MBP but i read horror stories in the Mac tech support forum.
Reply Quote
Well I'm pretty sure it wasn't really the servers fault... my friends were able to play on their macs with no fps lag at all
Reply Quote
if you are buying the laptop just for playing diablo 3, make sure u keep the receipt
Reply Quote
i'm playing diablo 3 on a 3 year old laptop with a geforce 9800m gts centrino 2 without much issues
Edited by Volphy#2852 on 6/11/2012 1:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
i play d3 on my laptop and it has worse specs than yours. Im running it on high, but i didnt check what fps i was getting (nor do i want to ignorance is bliss) it runs okay, only time it slows down is in the sewers in act 2.
Reply Quote
For love of god do NOT buy a laptop for gaming unless you have literally no other choice.

You're paying almost double the price of a desktop with the same specs to LOWER your performance.

Honestly, if I had a choice, I would get a desktop. Desktops, in my opinion, are better performance-wise than laptops. But since I'm going to college soon, I kinda have to have that ability to take my computer with me lol.
Reply Quote
If you're getting a laptop just for Diablo 3, you'll be plenty disappointed. But if you're just upgrading then good luck with your search.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]