Diablo® III

Deciding on a laptop for Diablo 3...

diablo 3 is not a very graphic intensive game compared to the latest games out like skyrim or max payne 3.

i highly recommend getting a gaming laptop from:

http://www.xoticpc.com/custom-gaming-laptops-notebooks-gaming-laptops-ct-118_96_98.html

cant get better prices anywhere.
Reply Quote
Don't buy any of those crappy laptops..

Get a custom one.
www.xoticpc.com

get a sager
You will get a very nice one for $1500

630m GFX card sucks.

I would also get at least 8 gigs of ram. I get 12-16gigs since it's extremely cheap...
I would also suggest getting
IC Diamond Thermal Compound unless you will put this on yourself. It'll help keep your laptop cool. The 17inch clevo builds are said to keep cool.
http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np9170-clevo-p170em-p-4342.html?wconfigure=yes

This is a very good one.

For the same stuff, this one company is selling the same thing for $3.5k
I forgot, but it's rated one of the best top 5 laptops on one of the very popular websites.
I guess because it has good stuff, but also expensive. But get the same thing for 1/2 the price.

Do not get an HP, Acer, Dell, Leveno, Samsung, Toshiba, and whatever else brands there are. Don't get a thinkpad and do not get a mac. You pay more for a lot less.

Asus is expensive, get less for more $$.

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Xotic_PC
this is a site to check the ratings of a site just to be on the safe side

http://www.malibal.com/
you can also buy from here too..

http://forum.notebookreview.com/sager-clevo/
to look up laptops.
Reply Quote
06/11/2012 01:21 AMPosted by HellsMachine
Laptops were made for email and facebook. Get a real PC!

lol, I use my laptop to play games connected to a LED projector and I have a giant screen while playing relaxed on my bed.

This by far beats out a desktop.

Besides, laptops are very fast, especially with the new AMD mobile video cards being as fast as the high end desktop ones.

processor speeds were never an issue, but graphics always took a hit, but could still play many games on highest settings, but now.... lol so much better
Reply Quote
For love of god do NOT buy a laptop for gaming unless you have literally no other choice.

You're paying almost double the price of a desktop with the same specs to LOWER your performance.

Honestly, if I had a choice, I would get a desktop. Desktops, in my opinion, are better performance-wise than laptops. But since I'm going to college soon, I kinda have to have that ability to take my computer with me lol.

Same thing here. Desktop not an option, else i'd haul by current rustbucket along with me. Any good Dell/Lenovo out there you guys playing on? Macbook Pro?
Reply Quote
82 Tauren Warrior
06/11/2012 01:30 AMPosted by kingj0n
630m GFX card sucks.

Ditto this, I've heard it has pretty bad stability issues.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
don't bother game isn't worth what you are doing
Reply Quote
Hey guys.
I recently bought an Asus laptop, but it could not run Diablo 3 well at all... These were the specs:
Intel Core i7 2670QM 2.2gHz
6 GB DIMM
750GB 7200rpm Hard Drive
Nvidia GeForce GT 630M 2GB

I played Diablo 3 for a week with that laptop, but I couldn't stand the major fps lag and such... In Act 3, I swear I was getting as low as 5 fps on low settings. I even turned down some features on the graphics card!

I returned this laptop about 2 days ago... Now I'm looking for a new one that game play Diablo 3 smoothly on high settings.

I'm thinking about getting a HP Pavilion dv6t-7000 Quad Edition Entertainment Notebook PC. These are the specs:

Intel Core i7 3610QM 2.3gHz
8 GB RAM memory (2 DIMM)
750GB 7200rpm Hard Drive
Nvidia GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Do you guys think this will be able to run Diablo 3 on high with no lag with this HP Laptop? Especially in Acts 3 and 4 and what not. I had researched the Asus laptop that I had previously bought and everybody kept giving it good reviews for Diablo 3 so I thought it'd be good for me too, but I thought wrong...

Can you guys let me know if I should get this HP Laptop? If not, can anyone recommend me a good gaming laptop under $1000 with a 3rd generation i7 processor and atleast 6GB Ram and a hard drive with 7200rpm and a good graphics card?

Thanks in advance!

I played D3 on a 4yo laptop with, as you can imagine, a much worse spec than what you just bought.. it's not a performance issue you've got, it's something else. I can even play it on high settings, the only thing that gives me SOME fps spikes (still rare) is the shadow effects, thats cause my GFX card is so out of date it doesn't know how to decode the fx.

HP Pavilion Dv7 Dual core 2.27 GHz, 4GB RAM, Nvidia Geforce M9600 256MB
Reply Quote
im guessing you were running into the same issues as a lot of people (including me) where it isnt your connection or hardware, but the fps is a server side issue... nothing you can do but wait - that asus would have been able to run d3 more than perfectly
Reply Quote
My laptop with 4GB ram and an AMD A6 1.4ghz (Turbo boost to 2.2ghz) runs D3 on high(apart from Shadows) if I run it off my external hdd. Give that a whirl if all else fails.
Reply Quote
78 Troll Shaman
Get a Dell Allienware, and problem solved.
Having said this, I do not think it is worth to invest so much for a game.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warlock
Dell XPS series is a decent buy for gaming, and I've seen very little software or hardware problems with them. Some of the earlier models, which I think are around $700 now, should run most games pretty well, even if you're planning to use excessively for gaming. XPS 1647 should handle most games on good graphics as long as it's being cooled and has a decent amount of RAM (I upgraded a 1647 from 4GB to 8GB, and it did indeed make a difference; for actual overall performance though, you'd need a better graphics card, processor, motherboard. To make a real difference from $700-1000 laptop, I think you're looking at $2000+).

This laptop's seen a lot of consistent gaming for over 2 years now and it's had little to no issues, other than ac adapter ones, which is just wear and tear, and result from constant use.
Edited by Daimao#1547 on 6/11/2012 4:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
...turn the settings lower? Seriously, this game runs on my MacBook Air I use for work & travelling - it's a low-voltage i7 with only the integrated HD3000 graphics! If your laptop with a discrete graphics card cannot handle it, you're doing *something* wrong. Or your internet connection is lagging out.
Edited by WhatGravitas#2784 on 6/11/2012 5:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Find one that has a good screen. This is really the main interface. All this talk of video cards and processors is moot if you don't have a good screen.
Reply Quote
I use a Dell Inspiron 17r
i7-2670QM@2.20ghz
8 gigs of ram
1tb
Nvidia GT 525M

I get rarely get fps issues, only when I first join the games or someone else joins, never gets hot even after 8+ hours of gaming, only drawback for me is no backlit keyboard and it's got about a hour and half battery life when gaming at high settings. Love my Dell laptops, but the power supply is one of the WORST I've seen in a laptop, if you decide on a dell, first upgrade needs to be a better battery lol, or at least a spare (if you intend on gaming on the go). That goes for almost any dell you buy.

Please, avoid Alienware. Wherever you go (especially the 'build your own') style manufacturers, with IDENTICAL specs you will save ALOT if you avoid Alienware. IMO all you're paying for with Alienware is a pretty design with some software that lets you change the pretty colors lol. However, Alienware has gotten better about reasonably priced systems, but still entirely over priced.

I'd imagine it's your hardware having some sort of issue though, update all your drivers, and make sure you don't have a TON of programs running in the background, my Dell XPS m1530 (4+ years old) runs Diablo 3 with texture on high and the rest on low/off without and fps issues, and that laptop is CRAP by todays standards lol.. Like others said though, it could very likely be the server issues..
Reply Quote
Hey guys.
I recently bought an Asus laptop, but it could not run Diablo 3 well at all... These were the specs:
Intel Core i7 2670QM 2.2gHz
6 GB DIMM
750GB 7200rpm Hard Drive
Nvidia GeForce GT 630M 2GB

I played Diablo 3 for a week with that laptop, but I couldn't stand the major fps lag and such... In Act 3, I swear I was getting as low as 5 fps on low settings. I even turned down some features on the graphics card!

I returned this laptop about 2 days ago... Now I'm looking for a new one that game play Diablo 3 smoothly on high settings.

I'm thinking about getting a HP Pavilion dv6t-7000 Quad Edition Entertainment Notebook PC. These are the specs:

Intel Core i7 3610QM 2.3gHz
8 GB RAM memory (2 DIMM)
750GB 7200rpm Hard Drive
Nvidia GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Do you guys think this will be able to run Diablo 3 on high with no lag with this HP Laptop? Especially in Acts 3 and 4 and what not. I had researched the Asus laptop that I had previously bought and everybody kept giving it good reviews for Diablo 3 so I thought it'd be good for me too, but I thought wrong...

Can you guys let me know if I should get this HP Laptop? If not, can anyone recommend me a good gaming laptop under $1000 with a 3rd generation i7 processor and atleast 6GB Ram and a hard drive with 7200rpm and a good graphics card?

Thanks in advance!

I'm a bit confused you're having issues with FPS, but are more concerned with cpu and memory performance? The Asus laptop should of been able to handle Diablo 3 fine other than a few tweaks due to particles and textures here or there (mobile GPUs are inferior to standard desktop gpus) On that note, for superior performance in that regard you should look at any solution offering a Nvidia 660M solution
Reply Quote
Turn down your screen resolution to help account for your mid-low range gpu. That's what is causing your problems.

I have an ASUS G74SX-A1 and it runs Diablo 3 (1920 x 1080p) without issue. The biggest difference is the video (GTX 560M):

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
Display: 17.3-inch Full HD display (1920 x 1080)
Processor: 2nd generation Intel Core i7-2630QM quad-core processor (2.0 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 2.9 GHz)
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M 3GB GDDR5 VRAM
WLAN: 802.11 b/g/n (@ 2.4GHz), Bluetooth v2.1
LAN: 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet
Memory: 12GB DDR3 SDRAM, 4 x SODIMM Sockets (up to 16GB)
Storage:1.5TB 7200RPM hard drive (2 x 750GB HDD)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]