Diablo® III

Deciding on a laptop for Diablo 3...

Also, you can compare video cards here to get an idea before you buy:

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Computer-Games-on-Laptop-Graphic-Cards.13849.0.html
Reply Quote
im running d3 on max detail, 40-45 FPS constant, even in the middle of being swamed by monstters
i5 2430(2.4GHZ, 3gHZ TURBO)
8gb RAM
1 TB hdd
1GB geofrce gt 555m
ur system should handle the game fine(the asus one) maybe a full system format and reinstall?
Reply Quote
... since I'm going to college soon, I kinda have to have that ability to take my computer with me lol.

It's not that big a deal, really. There will be plenty of computer labs around, and having a personal computer with all your games on it will only increase the chance of procrastination while you should be working.

Get a desktop.
Reply Quote
Playing on an acer with a core i3 2.53ghz, 4gb ram, geforce 630m and no problems so far after tweaking the nVidia control panel to always run the game on the nVidia card and NOT the intel one
Reply Quote
For love of god do NOT buy a laptop for gaming unless you have literally no other choice.

You're paying almost double the price of a desktop with the same specs to LOWER your performance.

If you want to bring my desktop to campus and back everyday for me then I'll stop looking into a gaming laptop. Do you think he was buying a laptop so he can park it on his desk and leave it there 24/7?
Reply Quote
There is zero reason for your current laptop to be having any fps issues with D3... Maybe your graphics card should be upgraded if you really feel the need to turn up shadows and anti aliasing.

If you are dead set on getting a new laptop, though, most of the suggestions in this thread are valid. I personally enjoy my HP DV7t Quad Ed. with i7 sandy bridge, good for gaming and for work.

The only suggestion on here that is just wrong is the Alienware. DO NOT BUY ALIENWARE. The only people who buy this craptop are ignorant 13 year old consumers who see an alien head and think they are now pro gamer of the month... Honestly Dell takes a basic laptop, puts an alien logo on the front, adds a lit keyboard, and charges a thousand bucks more! That's right in line with buying a Macbook Pro for gaming
Reply Quote
Sager NP9150 / Clevo P150EM

with the Radeon Hd 7970m Its on par with the new 680 GTX. I'm buying it as well just for diablo 3
Reply Quote
its rediculous. ive been waiting forever to play this game. i get it. pop it in. and bam! my computers graphix card isnt supported. my computers only a year old!
Reply Quote
i am running with an acer lappie with 6 gb ram and low end amd video and the game seems to run ok with settings on medium check it out acer makes good quality cheap
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
IDC
actually there was a thread on this issue. The issue is not with your hardware. There is a textfile in the D3 folder. I can't remember which one it is. Under Video card class. change teh value from like 1 to 5 or something and it works perfectly then.

I am running same specs as you. Once i changed it i was able to max out my settings without any lag at all. I forgot which specific file it was but i am sure you can google it or do a forum search
Reply Quote
can a nvidia geforce gt 750m run diablo ?
Reply Quote
06/11/2012 12:53 AMPosted by Nixaon
1 word. Alienware. BAM!!!
Reply Quote
06/11/2012 12:53 AMPosted by Nixaon
1 word. Alienware. BAM!!!

Alienware is overpriced garbage.
Reply Quote
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834216536

I game d3 on my laptop. has the i7 and a gtx 670M

anything over 650 is fine, the one i linked is a beast
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]