Diablo® III

Burnt tree in Fields of Misery?

Was leveling my Wizard through Nightmare. I have leveled a Barbarian from Normal to Inferno Act 1 and never seen this. I'm not the sort to rush, I enjoy sight seeing and checking most nooks and crannies.

Has anyone seen this before and if so, do you know what it's significance is (if any at all)?

http://i.imgur.com/Pfxpk.jpg

Also, it is not a dead tree enemy, you can see a deceased tree enemy on the left of it and they do not look similar. This was not part of an event or anything similar. I was just wandering around the Fields of Misery while looking for the Khazra Den and came across it.
Reply Quote
I've seen it too, idk why it's there probably for scenery
Reply Quote
if you click it a thousand times it will give you 1million gold
Reply Quote
^_^
Edited by Sprig#6311 on 6/13/2012 6:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
39 Blood Elf Paladin
Was leveling my Wizard through Nightmare. I have leveled a Barbarian from Normal to Inferno Act 1 and never seen this. I'm not the sort to rush, I enjoy sight seeing and checking most nooks and crannies.

Has anyone seen this before and if so, do you know what it's significance is (if any at all)?

http://i.imgur.com/Pfxpk.jpg

Also, it is not a dead tree enemy, you can see a deceased tree enemy on the left of it and they do not look similar. This was not part of an event or anything similar. I was just wandering around the Fields of Misery while looking for the Khazra Den and came across it.

It's one of about six or seven random things (like caves) that can appear in that and a few other spots. If you're lucky, it can be "House of Curios", otherwise it's just scenery.
Reply Quote
woulda been neat if you clicked it over and over and your character said "yes... that is a tree alright."
Reply Quote
Thanks for the fast replies everyone, I figured it was just randomly generated scenery. I did click on it a couple times, but it wasn't "selectable" or highlighted by any means and my character did not say anything.
Reply Quote
Is it possibly a reference to the tree with the Scroll of Inifuss in D2, guess I don't know where the Sisters Cathedral is in reference to Tristram
Reply Quote
Perhaps there is a secret with it and the Black Rock pages that have the LOST numbers on them. Perhaps you need to bring one of the legendary items such as the oar.

4 8 15 16 23 42

4 8 15 16 23 42

4 8 15 16 23 42

4 8 15 16 23 42

4 8 15 16 23 42

4 8 15 16 23 42
Reply Quote
went next to it with oar and all pages, nothing
Reply Quote
I've seen this tree also, but cannot figure out what it is.
Reply Quote
I've seen Odeg the Keywarden next to it a couple of times.
Maybe it has something to do with him?
Edited by Caos#2631 on 10/24/2012 2:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Just ran into this tree today - not sure what it's for.
Reply Quote
Maybe on release anniversary ALL the easter eggs will become active. There has to be something to these "random" spawns that do nothing.
Edited by Manix#1832 on 4/30/2013 3:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It let's you into the cow level.
Reply Quote
It's a Diablo 2 easter egg.
Reply Quote
06/11/2012 06:19 PMPosted by Drizzle404
woulda been neat if you clicked it over and over and your character said "yes... that is a tree alright."

He he, that would be Dink Smallwood.
Reply Quote
its just a tree
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]