Diablo® III

Does anyone here hear about how OP DH's are?

I've heard from so many people that DH are OP.. If a monk and a demon hunter both had weapons that were equally as strong.. The Demon Hunter would probably come out with like 68k DPS while the monk would come out with 27k DPS.. How is this fair? Why is their DPS so high? It's even been said that a Demon Hunter can solo Diablo Inferno in less than 50 seconds. People in general channel told me how op a DH is. My friends told me that the demon hunters do like 2-3 times more damage than the other classes. EVEN PEOPLE ON THE DH Forums question why their dps is so high.. Or how DH outclasses the other classes. This one guy has 5 characters all level 60 and pointed out that the Demon Hunter is far superior to his wizard. A wizard would drain a monsters health bar from inferno slowly.. while his Demon Hunter would take huge chunks from monsters in Inferno... How is this fair?.. And Demon Hunters complain that they got 1 shotted.... BUT SO DO WITCH DOCTORS and witch doctors don't do nearly as much damage and their pets are useless in Inferno.
Reply Quote
im not sure if they are overpowered but i heard they get there pwoer from sharpshooter other then that i have more damage then most DH out there even if they have Sharpshooter
Reply Quote
Demon hunters are OP-ed because they can equip BOTH a 2H crossbow AND a quiver at the same time. Its practically unfair since other classes can only equip a 1H and off-hand or a 2H, but demon hunters can have both and it boosts their DPS considerably even above a wizard's.
Reply Quote
HOW?!
Reply Quote
their dps numbers are overinflated by the 100% crit over time thingy I think, but I do hear about them being OP.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
05/31/2012 11:02 PMPosted by negativzero
Demon hunters are OP-ed because they can equip BOTH a 2H crossbow AND a quiver at the same time. Its practically unfair since other classes can only equip a 1H and off-hand or a 2H, but demon hunters can have both and it boosts their DPS considerably even above a wizard's.

That and the fact that their escapes actually work.
Reply Quote
but all other class has offhand also...
Reply Quote
05/31/2012 11:33 PMPosted by Paradise
but all other class has offhand also...

Yes, but other classes only get to use a 1H and OH.
Demon hunters get to use a 2H AND OH TOGETHER.
Reply Quote
and please blizzard look into this. how can u wear a 2H weapon and a OH together? doesnt make sense at all! just because u don't "carry" the bag full of arrows with ur own hands?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
05/31/2012 11:55 PMPosted by RedDevils88
and please blizzard look into this. how can u wear a 2H weapon and a OH together? doesnt make sense at all! just because u don't "carry" the bag full of arrows with ur own hands?

A quiver goes on your back. In fact, it makes more sense that you equip a quiver WITH a 2h because you have to reload from the quiver.

What DOESN'T make sense is dual wielding crossbows because you have to reload.
Reply Quote
06/01/2012 12:17 AMPosted by Drothvader

A quiver goes on your back. In fact, it makes more sense that you equip a quiver WITH a 2h because you have to reload from the quiver.

This.
Reply Quote
A bow and quiver makes perfect sense, but like you said quiver goes on your back. In game its equipped in your hand slot. Ive never seen an archer hold his quiver in one hand while handling any type of bow or crossbow.

But this isnt about what makes IRL sense or not. If you´re going to use reload times as arguments then please bash on rapid fire as well. :p The point isnt what makes sense, its about class balance. Perhaps 2h bows and crossbows in general have a tad fewer stats on them but
we´re not seeing it yet because of randomness affecting the forums. Or perhaps the are like every other twohander and its OP.
Reply Quote
dh are all using the same 3 or so gimmicky broken tricks for massive dps. These gimmicks will be tuned very soon, you can count on it.

Forced crits.
Stackable / spammable traps, can be precast.
Among other things.

Wizards, we have a few precasts too, which largely haven't even been explored. Precasts have the potential to be INSANELY powerful. Ours, though, have been limited somewhat - the DH can cast I think 6 fire caltrops in the same spot.

We get things like,
hydra
arcane mines
arcane orbit
... dunno what I'm missing here, but there are more.
450% WD for precasting 3 mines (how many can you have down at once?)
210% WD for precasting arcane orbit
290% WD for a well placed time bomb
That'd be quite a lot of damage to go off at once. Although DH still have the skill allowing them to force crits (quite overpowered!) can't thumb your nose at 950% weapon damage precast.

In fact I will try this build soon! http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#WPhecQ!gda!YbZbZY
Edited by Zakaluka#1451 on 6/1/2012 12:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Wizard was not bad at all, the problem imho is the wizard community who constantly whines about wizard being too good. Even now you see threads here demanding hydra to be nerved because it does "too much damage". Well we got what we wanted.
Reply Quote
I can easily compare as my inferno friend is DH and we mostly play together. His damage is no where near me, he nearly oneshots act1 inferno mobs with multishot and suprisly if played right, vault/evasive fire/ss makes him really hard to kill. Tho it is still about kiting later :)

but most Dh goes damage only, kill it before it kills you rule :> I can take fw hits in act 2, my friend... cannot :)
Edited by Panthress#2918 on 6/1/2012 1:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I have a level 60 DH on A2 inferno (first character I made). The DPS is increased by a passive called Sharpshooter which gives critical strike chance every second and resets when a critical strike is achieved. I would have to say the class is pretty strong compared to the others. However, its signature skill, smokescreen (invulnerability/anti-CC) got nerfed from 3 seconds to 1.5 seconds in the same hotfix Force Armor got nerfed in. Also, DHs do not have the same survivability as wizards do; they will still get one-shotted no matter what in inferno (you absolutely cannot get hit at all) although the dodge from dexterity lessens this chance. I wouldn't really say they are overpowered, but they're most likely the strongest class right now.
Reply Quote

This.

clearly someone needs explain that he's not talking about the realism -.-

he is OBVIOUSLY referring to the fact that a 2h weapon is itemized 2x better than a 1h weapon. It also has higher attack dmg. therefore:

2x Xbow ou get 15% ias
1x 2h Xbow you get the increased damage for spells.

what doesnt make sense is that now the 2h weapon gets an offhand. (i wonder why people didnt connect the dots). the offhand gives 10-20% ias.
THEREFORE:::

2x Xbow you get 15% ias
1x 2h Xbow you get the increased damage for spells. + 10-20% ias

also if you're going to talk about other classes having offhand items...................THIS IS A 2H WEAPON =="

also,

so when you have 2 items in your hand, you dont have a quiver on your back? -.-

this whole thread has been confusing to me.
common sense is lacking..
Edited by Pedobubbles#1740 on 6/1/2012 3:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
DHs are most likely the most powerful, however I wouldn't be complaining like this. You guys all ripped on the barbs who complained about wizards and got us nerfed. How about the other classes get raised to the level of the DH rather than bringing the DH down. Right now, the DH is at a good place I think.
Reply Quote
Well Op or not, Ive been playing as a lvl 60 wiz for quite some time now. Been farming alot for gear to get my damage up but my DH friend, once he hit 60, he spendt a coupple of minutes on AH to buy some cheap gear. his crits now hit for 40 000 dmg more then mine. And he hardly has any good gear or time spendt farming but he can still do alot better then me in inferno.

Im hapy for my friend and all but it kinda sucked seeing him outdmg me the second he turned 60.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]