Diablo® III

Does anyone here hear about how OP DH's are?

I wanted to see how we are doing first thread on the dh forum is how op wizards are lol.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5592452213
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
RoE
I have a DH in Inferno. They aren't that amazing.

Seems to be a whole lot of "grass is greener' thinking going on in the forums.

DH are all offence no defence. Basically the only real defence you have as a DH is 'don't get hit'.

I would kill for Force Armour on my DH.

The 3 range classes all have their positives and negatives in Inferno. If you think dropping one range for another is going to solve all your problems you are in for a disappointment.

Of my WD,Wiz and DH (all in Inferno or Act 4 Hell) I like my Wizard the most.
Edited by Maxzero#6850 on 6/1/2012 4:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
this whole thread has been confusing to me.
common sense is lacking..

This is Blizzard.

Demon Hunter is the 'Hero' Class.

They will be OP. Get over it. Re-roll if it bugs you so much.

P.S.: loldeathknights.
Reply Quote
.... I really hope the people from blizzard are reading this. It seems like the Demon Hunter is obviously the top tier class. If sharpshooter is the source of their ridiculously high dps or maybe it's the extra offhand bonus with the 2 handed weapon.. W.E. it is... Blizzard needs to fix this..
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock

This.

clearly someone needs explain that he's not talking about the realism -.-

he is OBVIOUSLY referring to the fact that a 2h weapon is itemized 2x better than a 1h weapon. It also has higher attack dmg. therefore:

2x Xbow ou get 15% ias
1x 2h Xbow you get the increased damage for spells.

what doesnt make sense is that now the 2h weapon gets an offhand. (i wonder why people didnt connect the dots). the offhand gives 10-20% ias.
THEREFORE:::

2x Xbow you get 15% ias
1x 2h Xbow you get the increased damage for spells. + 10-20% ias

also if you're going to talk about other classes having offhand items...................THIS IS A 2H WEAPON =="

also,

A quiver goes on your back. In fact, it makes more sense that you equip a quiver WITH a 2h because you have to reload from the quiver.

so when you have 2 items in your hand, you dont have a quiver on your back? -.-

this whole thread has been confusing to me.
common sense is lacking..

I was making a joke.

Ha ha... I mean is it really feasible that you can carry like 30 weapons around at one time and pull a horse out of your back pocket?

No.
Reply Quote
I run with a DH and a Barbarian, and DH's do seem to be the dictionary example of "glass cannon". My DH friend has around 95k dps with his crit buff up and running, but he has 14k health. A stiff breeze or a nasty look from Belial knocks him out.

But he solo'd Rakanoth with only 3 attempts in 20 minutes, and he'll down Diablo much faster than that, due to it being a kite-fest.

DH's hit hard, but they fold so easily. I'm actually kind of happy with where Wizards are; we hit decently hard as well, but Wizards who have some Vit/Life Regen gear combined with Force Armor/Galvanizing Ward are utterly and ridiculously hard to take down.

As in, once the Barb went down during the Belial fight, I tanked the rest of the enemies AND Belial because my health regen was just so ridiculous. So ridiculous my health completely refilled in between swings Belial took at me.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
Complaining doesnt bring nerfs. People complain about everything. If vit being a bad stat to get didnt tip you off that it was an exploit, your just dumb.
Reply Quote
If you have the right gear - the yes DH can deal huge damage. However the problem DH has is the slightest scratch on inferno act 2 and its dead.

Also getting the right gear to even deal out over 50K non-crit damage is actually quite a struggle - without a huge amount of cash you will end up with something like 15K HP, barely over 2K armor and hardly any resist. Even with shadow power (which adds 65% damage reduction for a few seconds and potentially a 20% incoming damage->life conversion), that still isnt enough to survive even a white trash hit unless your HP, armor and resists are all *much* higher than a reasonable cost very high dex + high attack speed gear collection will give you.

Wizards at least gain a defence when piling all their stats into intelligence - DH get nothing that is actually of predictable use (dodge isnt predicatable).

OTOH - with infinate money and the best you could possibly buy in the AH or find in act 4 inferno, then a DH becomes insanely strong dealing out insane damage, but still at the cost of not really being able to tank that much.

a 2000+ dex build fo a DH sacrifces pretty much everything else for most people. A 2000 intelligence build for a wiz gives you a ton of damage reduction on resists. Yes - you still need to add more resists and lots of armr to be able to tank effectively, but with your armor spells, etc it alot easier to take soe hits as a wiz so you aint so dependent upon luck or can afford to be a litle bit sloppy with your kiting etc.
Edited by Khazul#2940 on 6/1/2012 6:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I have a DH in Inferno. They aren't that amazing.

Seems to be a whole lot of "grass is greener' thinking going on in the forums.

DH are all offence no defence. Basically the only real defence you have as a DH is 'don't get hit'.

I would kill for Force Armour on my DH.

The 3 range classes all have their positives and negatives in Inferno. If you think dropping one range for another is going to solve all your problems you are in for a disappointment.

Of my WD,Wiz and DH (all in Inferno or Act 4 Hell) I like my Wizard the most.

i have also both DH and WZ
WZ cant afford getting hit either in act 2-4 (not even monks and barbs)
maybe once or twice, but WZ dont have spammable escape tool like DH
and DH dmg is way bigger than my WZ, even with reasonably worse gear

the key to progress through act 2-4 is to kill mobs ASAP before they kill you and NOT getting OHKO-ed

and this is why DH is OP, their dps is highest in game and they have invincibility skill and insane mobility
Reply Quote
(reason why it's op to have 2h+oh)

It's because the quiver has stats on it, in d2 you still needed arrows/bolts (which is logical) but they were always just plain.

Now some might say that everyone would just choose to have 2x 1h's if quivers had no stats. However, I simply do not think that's true at all, yes the damage might have to be reworked a bit but 2h's should always hit harder than 1h's, regardless.

EDIT: Actually I changed my mind, just make it so that I can have a 2h staff and a source. Fixed.
Edited by Mannsterous#1847 on 6/1/2012 6:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I know DHs can dish out DPS, but how many can easily farm Act IV solo?

Some of you are crying to nerf a class with less viability solo just because they can outburst the Wizard?

Theory craft all you want about DHs, but the reality is that Wizards have been and continue to farm 99% of the mobs in this game while DHs can not.
Edited by illgot#1927 on 6/1/2012 6:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I wanted to see how we are doing first thread on the dh forum is how op wizards are lol.

No complaining on the front page or two of their forum? Must not be an issue! We all know Wizards just stand there in Inferno A3/A4 and laugh at the pitiful attempt of Hell's minions to hurt them as they whirl fireballs from their eyes and bolts of lightning from their arses!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid

Some of you are crying to nerf a class with less viability solo just because they can outburst the Wizard?

Theory craft all you want about DHs, but the reality is that Wizards have been and continue to farm 99% of the mobs in this game while DHs can not.

Not just outbursting, but ridiculous normal dps. Even with their crit build, the damage tooltip of this guy I watched the other night was 160k. He was 1-2 shotting most things he came across in inferno. Mostly watched A1, was too late when he got to A3 to watch a lot of it.

Still, his gear wasn't spectacular...it was good, but he was still looking for upgrades for some weaker pieces.
Reply Quote
15% is max IAS on a quiver. You can't think of it as a "two hander" it's just a ranged weapon. I'm not sure what kind of brain you have if you don't think a bow should be able to be equipped with a quiver. That is entirely not why DH's can front load absurd damage, then maintain good damage.

Common sense is not lacking at all except in your department. You could argue that damage across the ranged weapons should be more balanced, ex make 2 handers a slight bit weaker so that bow, 1-hand xbow, and xbow are all on the same level, but not what you're saying.
Reply Quote
And why does critcal mass not reduce the cool down of diamond skin? Is that working as intended or just broken???
Reply Quote
Critical mass is chance on chance on crit... meaning a critical crit. It honestly makes sense because if you use Living Lightning (which people did) your CD spells would have zero CD and it's bit silly. Moves that have a higher penalty/cost to cast have a very high chance to proc critical mass try lobbing off meteors into groups, your spells once again have no CD, just for example.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Omg, Q !@#$ing Q... *pulls out small violin*

Diablo has NO PvP at the moment yet people are crying for nerfs... Ridiculous- grow up, please. Yet we must forget how OP Blizzard/Venom Hydras are (to the point of fearing a nerf) yet want to complain about burst damage that DH's have (due to Sharp Shooter). I never participated on forums when DII was out but I never saw in game anything like this... Where did the QQ'ers come from? The only time I experienced them was in WoW... No one every QQ'ed about an Amazon's multishot clearing whole rooms in Hell, or an Orb Sorc raining hell on Baal's throne room, or a Barbarian having max block and constantly WW'ing through hell cows without a scratch due to properly working Life and Mana leech...

We should be calling for buffs for all classes, not attempting to nerf one to make yourself feel better...

Oh and seriously complaining how they can use Quivers?! They are a ranged class for christ sake... And the quiver is on the side

This guy has the right idea.

Edited by Hypnotize on 6/1/2012 8:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Crying about another class in an all PvE game is the dumbest thing in the world. It's pretty stupid in a PvP game too. Especially considering it really doesn't take all that long to get to 60 in this game.

If you think the grass is greener then gear up a DH and do it. Otherwise give it up.
Reply Quote
DH DPS is inflated because of sharpshooter combined with archery skill.

They gain 3% critical hit chance per second, resetting when they get a crit, and they get a skill that gives them 50% extra crit damage with an xbow. That is why their DPS is so ridiculous, flip side they're basically playing contra once they get to act 2+ since they all die in one hit. Kite around spamming multishot or w/ever it is they do with a good 2h xbow and you'll see massive numbers.

Wizard is in a fine spot w/ force armor, it's still hax, even post nerf.
Edited by Jimbo#1607 on 6/1/2012 8:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I would say DHs may actually be the weakest class. Sure, they do amazing single target DPS. Sure, they have decent snares. But they are also the only class without an armor or resist bonus on a skill. Monks may have the best resist bonus. Barbs have a resist, armor, and LOH bonus skill. Wizards have energy armor/FA or Prismatic, plus DS.

DHs only have smokescreen. From what I can tell so far they will never be able to tank well, meaning they can only do a glass cannon build, or play with another class that can tank/cc and protect them. That's a MASSIVE weakness.

DPS doesn't really matter. It's not hard for any of the classes to top 40k dps without gimping their other stats, and from what I cam tell that's more than enough for most of inferno. Gearing defensively, while not having a massive bonus like the other 3 classes have, will be very very very hard, if not impossible.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]