Diablo® III

GTX 580 fps skip

Sorry everyone. I know that these fps related posts are all over the place, but I've been researching and can't see to fix my issue.

I'm currently running i5 2500K cpu, 8 gb rams, SSD, and gtx580. I feel like this should be able to run diablo 3 on max settings at 1080p without any issue. Most of the time, it runs at 130fps then it will drop down to the point where my screen freezes for a second or two and it will be back to 130f fps.

I've tried to adjust some recommended settings in Nvidia manage 3d settings, but it didn't seem to have any effect.

My gpu runs at 45C idle and around 70-80C when playing diablo. I'm not sure if it's getting to hot but I heard this is considered pretty normal.

If anyone have any solution that works for you, please let me know. Thanks!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
It seems like D3 client has an issue with an nVidia cards in general right now. if all other games exhibit no problems, wait for either a driver fix, client fix, or some sort of new shortcut to be revealed that can fix this problem.
Reply Quote
Have you tried going into your documents->diablo3->d3pref.txt

go to line hardwareclass from "4" to "1". I have a gtx 460 and lock it at 60 fps, it still has microstuttering but not as bad before doing this
Reply Quote
View profile
06/01/2012 12:54 PMPosted by Kalganized
It seems like D3 client has an issue with an nVidia cards in general right now. if all other games exhibit no problems, wait for either a driver fix, client fix, or some sort of new shortcut to be revealed that can fix this problem.

my 6950 stutters a lot in diablo too. I was under the impression it was a problem loading data from the harddrive because of the lack of load screens
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]