Diablo® III

StarCraft 2, last good Blizzard game?

I know it's an opinion and some will obviously disagree with it. But basically since 2008, the games have decreased in play-ability, at least from my end. I've been a Blizzard fan since I owned my first PC back in the 90's. Growing up with StarCraft and Diablo then eventually moving in World of Warcraft.

World of Warcraft, amazing game when it was originally released. TBC only made this game better. Then 2008 happened. You released WOTLK then Cata. Both expansions I didn't follow through til the end because they weren't good. Now you're releasing Kung Fu Panda, which is basically a slap to the face and you're screaming at me, "DON'T PLAY THIS GAME!"

But I digress...

Diablo 2 was an achievement for everyone that involved in making that game and it's expansion. I could go on to flatter them more, but it just boils down to, the game was fun. 12 years later, Diablo 3(again, after 2008). I took time off of work to play this game. I got up to 60, and up to that point had a smile on my face. I was basically blinded I was getting to play new Diablo game. Then I started playing Inferno, got through Act 1 and realized, man, there's a lot of problems with this game. So many in fact that I refuse to play it. So congrats on getting my $100 for a product I'm not going to use. Honestly, you had a template for a game that was good, Diablo 2, and you had to be like, "Nope, we're doing our own thing."

With StarCraft, you didn't reinvent the wheel and it's fun.

Blizzard, I appreciate the good times we've had, but... I think we need to see other people. You'll still get child support(Annual Pass)payments until the year is up though.
Reply Quote
rock n roll racing... last good blizzard game.
Reply Quote
Explain how Wrath was a failure. Blizzard managed to keep subs going for over 3 years with Cata and Wrath.

Seems profitable to me.

As for gameplay? Everyone has opinions.
Reply Quote
Whats funny is, when SC2 launched it was the same BS as this forum.

How quickly you guys forget..... roflol.

Same thing with Cata.

Its like you guys have 30 days of memory, then BLANK SLATE.
Reply Quote
Wasn't impressed with SC2. It did nothing new and still included the stupid mandatory battle.net, unless you are ok with being a guest on your own computer. It was highly mediocre in my opinion.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
SC2 was a big sellout for the koreans.

The original SC/Brood War were way better.
Reply Quote
06/02/2012 01:33 AMPosted by Satyricøn
The original SC/Brood War were way better.

Ya, now that I liked. A lot. Too bad it's not compatible with Win 7.
Reply Quote
06/02/2012 01:35 AMPosted by Galdorria
I wanna believe that all the creative minds at blizzard are all focused on the "Titan" project

Well, there's Ghostcrawler.....I can't even type the rest without breaking out into hysterical laughter.
Reply Quote
I'm still waiting for the Diablo2 PVP Arena and Guild halls patch
Reply Quote
I took time off of work to play this game. I got up to 60, and up to that point had a smile on my face. I was basically blinded I was getting to play new Diablo game. Then I started playing Inferno, got through Act 1 and realized, man, there's a lot of problems with this game. So many in fact that I refuse to play it. So congrats on getting my $100 for a product I'm not going to use.

Sounds to me like you used it quite a bit actually! :P
Reply Quote
06/02/2012 01:47 AMPosted by Galdorria

Well, there's Ghostcrawler.....I can't even type the rest without breaking out into hysterical laughter.

I thought ghostcrawler was still with the WoW team? I dont think anyone really likes him considering he works on PvP but doesnt even PvP himself...and the fact that he seems to be a Mage lover :P

Yes, he's the lead designer for WoW which is where I was headed but couldn't finish because of my hysterical laughing fit.
Reply Quote
I'm looking forward to playing MoP, so your right what your saying is just an opinion!
Reply Quote
13 Human Rogue
06/02/2012 01:35 AMPosted by Galdorria
I feel Wrath Was great, UP until the point of The crusader Raids. Ulduar was one of the best raid dungeons many agree.
I agree a bit. Some people loved ToC, but it really wasn't my taste and the dailies seemed absolutely tedious. I was also not pleased with the predictable (albeit enjoyable) death to the Lich King. Cataclysm is another story entirely, seems they decided to move in a direction that favored casuals and said 'screw you' to everyone else. Not to mention they absolutely destroyed the character Deathwing by making him one of the most boring and cliche villains I have ever seen just so thrall could progress his stupid story that nobody cared about. And don't get me started on how they seemed to just give up on PvP. Just thinking about it makes me angry, what a waste. :/
Edited by Mormat#1787 on 6/2/2012 1:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
06/02/2012 01:52 AMPosted by Galdorria
At what I posted?

No, nevermind.
Edited by Oxe#1364 on 6/2/2012 1:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Starcraft two had some pretty bad balance problems when it first started out, but I don't remember there ever being such a rash of server issues. It also seems like it would be much harder to balance an RTS than it would be to balance diablo.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]