Diablo® III

DH vs Wiz need advice please

80 Human Hunter
OK Im done with both my monk(120 hours) and barb(85 hours) until melees get fixed. I havent tried a ranged yet so just wondering which of the two levels the fastest, is easier to gear out, and can farm better?

I loved my melee classes but I keep breaking keyboards. Have taken 3 broken ones back to Bestbuy in the last 10 days and I think they are getting suspicious. Maybe if I can level up a ranged to farm gear for my melees it would make them more enjoyable to play.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
If you like dying a lot choose a DH. I can't speak for the wizard but DH's pretty much go for all out damage and zero survivability. If you get hit you are pretty much dead. This is concerning Inferno of course. But there is fun to be had in bursting things down before they even reach you!
Reply Quote
80 Human Hunter
06/02/2012 10:34 AMPosted by Brufrog
If you like dying a lot choose a DH. I can't speak for the wizard but DH's pretty much go for all out damage and zero survivability. If you get hit you are pretty much dead. This is concerning Inferno of course. But there is fun to be had in bursting things down before they even reach you!

Well my melees die just as fast so it will be all the same.
Reply Quote
DH.

This coming from a dude that has a Wizard(97h and level 60) and a DH(40 hours and level 60).

Way easier, cheaper and more fun to play, gear and farm as a DH.
Reply Quote
i looking for this same thing...Witch doctors have no attraction to me at all...
Wizards and demon hunters both give out a good dmg output, both have %$^% survivability and they both can kite well...
Demon HUnter gear for farming and such are going up in the AH because of the improved command of these weapons due to everyone making a DH now...
Wizard gear is still probaly the lowest/least wanted gear in Diablo3. THey got nerfed really bad in the first couple of patches which led to everyone deleted their wizards and creating a DH, or another class of their choice...
Due to everything in the AH for wizard is so low right now...i reccomend making a Wizard right now, get End-Game gear and End-Game weapons for yourself...get to 60 and farm...sell on AH...and then there you go...everyone else quit theirs and now you have one fully geared and with high dps...
im rolling Wizard once i get a new graphics card in my computer...ive been goin to this compute place right next door to my house but im sick so i cant go at the moment ...i havn played for about 2 days but im tryin to give the best info for you...
Reply Quote
80 Human Hunter
which is easier to get used to kiting with? I really hate click to move.
Reply Quote
06/02/2012 10:39 AMPosted by articulate
cheaper

lol my !@#...DH gear command is sky rocketing through the roof right now due to everyone making a ALT Demon Hunter! Idk what AH youve been goin to but i would really love to see you post a pic of a level 40 wizard weapon vs a level 40 DH weapon in the aution house...both same dps and stats
Reply Quote
06/02/2012 10:45 AMPosted by Dabriix
which is easier to get used to kiting with? I really hate click to move.

Demon Hunters- Cowtrops and other Snares...
Wizards- Frost Nova to freeze enemys in their tracks...
they both have that..."stay as far away and inflict as much dmg into your enemy" intellect.
Wizards have arcane orb which is one of their huge dmg outputs...have teleport to get outta sticky situations...
Demon Hunters have Vault and Rapid Fire for single target dps...bosses, etc.
This question is a tricky one to answer...their really both the same...if you geared up a Wizard well for farming and boss runs, you could match a Demon Hunters dps no worries...
but this question really just stands on play style...
bows vs wands really is the question..
Reply Quote
then again Demon HUnters do have big big big dmg in Act 1 even
Reply Quote
i know before the nerf the wizards energy armor with the force armor rune which reduced any amount of damage down to 35% of your health made the wizards survivability a lot better than us hunters. Combine that with teleport/wormhole or teleport/reversal and it definitely had a survivability edge. With the reversal rune i watched them ping pong mobs. Was totally jelly.

After their energy armor nerf I'm not sure since i haven't investigated the nerf. Might be worth a look.

One thing though, if your rolling a hunter because you think your gonna die less your going to be disappointed. You will die repeatedly by everything (inferno mode).

While your breaking keyboards I'm breaking mice. It's kinda pointless to be ranged in inferno when the mobs spam vortex, jail, walls have 300% run speed etc. If you persistent enough eventually you might chip enough health away to kill them or finally run across a mob that doesn't have those abilities who you will take all your aggression out on.

So with that in mind damage becomes anything. Your goal should be to dish out as much damage as possible before you get vortexed and killed. Eventually you will obtain enough gear so that you can kill them before you run out of SS and die to the inevitable unleashing of their powers.

Make sure to save up some gold for the astronomical repair bills and don't even waste your money on potions, you won't need em. :)

Good luck
Reply Quote
play demonhunter......
demonhunter is way overpowered, no need brain to deal tons of dmg.

i play wizard 130h, and the tooltip told me deals 50k dps......but i dont.
if you have a dh with 50k dps you will deals the double.

wizards dmg is atm way to less
Reply Quote
06/02/2012 10:47 AMPosted by Temp
lol my !@#...DH gear command is sky rocketing through the roof right now due to everyone making a ALT Demon Hunter! Idk what AH youve been goin to but i would really love to see you post a pic of a level 40 wizard weapon vs a level 40 DH weapon in the aution house...both same dps and stats

Patience.

And please, level 40? Don't make me laugh. I geared my DH up to level 51 and spent less than 200k, probably around 150k INCLUDING the cost of making gems and removing gems from sockets.

If it would serve to embarrass you further, I just made a purchase on a nice belt and helm for my 60 DH for less than 50k total. Now these weren't set items or fantastic rolls but still, you make it sound like it's impossible to buy good gear for a decent price.

I'll give you that everything is indeed rising in cost, but if you wait for deals. They appear.
Reply Quote
80 Human Hunter
went with DH.

Is there a best left and right click setup for leveling?
Edited by Dabrixmgp#1694 on 6/2/2012 12:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]