Diablo® III

How to beat inferno butcher?

I keep getting 1 shotted by the chains net thingie, any idea? my DPS is fine i can get him to 2/3 HP before the 1st chainnet
Reply Quote
This one was a little tricky when I first fought him. I brought along the templar and right at the start just pumped damage into him while the templar did his initial stun. After that he charged the wall so I burst him down towards the 2/3 mark. At this point it comes down to perfect timing on your SS or some lucky RNG on dodge.
Reply Quote
yea its all about timing man its blue chain red chain charge once u get the timing down on ur ss its easy peasy farming GL man took me a few times before i got my timing down GL
Reply Quote
need higher hp and armor
i was one shotted at fisrt
then i bought some higher armor + vit items, was able to JUST tank 1 hit with the chain, then heal myself with potions or with the two healing wells
if you can manage to not get one shot by the chains, its pretty easy

btw i think when i didnt get one shot i had around 30k hp, maybe 2-3k armor? cant remember exactly
Edited by homghomg1#1408 on 6/3/2012 12:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
NETHAR TENTACOOLS

edit: get durable enough to not get 1 shotted then it's pretty easy
Edited by Khristophoro#1862 on 6/3/2012 12:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm at 22k hp and i survive the chains at about 5k if I actually get hit. Watch for the patterns.
Reply Quote
First time I beat him in inferno i had around 17k hp so not enough to take the one hit.

my timing was horribly off due to latency on the server, meaning that when I see him raise his arm to use the attack id hit ss and still die.

I managed to dodge 2 of them in a row which wouldve killed me, but lucky for me it was enough for me to take him out..

was frustrating my first time through.
Reply Quote
Time your Smoke Screen correctly and it's GG.
Reply Quote
At first he was a little tricky for me since the chains kept owning me too. So I went with about 26k HP and that made it so I could take a shot and then either pop a potion or go to one of the wells. I can easily do him with 9K HP now though since my SS reflex is about 100 times better than it was starting out (A2/3 will do that to you).

Good luck!
Reply Quote
Check this video out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76B4i548kPw&list=UUquLQlNeHBfLTd8rZCSqAuQ&index=2&feature=plcp

Edit: This was probably a lot easier with my gear I had.

However, when I first did this I had much lower damage and was able to solo it while using SS, instinctively, to avoid the chains.

It`s really more about RNG and luck if anything else.
Edited by ScottDark#1768 on 6/3/2012 3:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Don't get hit by the chains, eventually you will get a feel for when you need to SS. Alternatively, go up to about 30k hp and it won't 1 shot you.
Reply Quote
This is how I beat him:

10k HP
70k DPS
Glass Cannon Build

Mark of Death + Mortal Enemy Rune
DPS like crazy, have Templar Rush to Stun

Dodge everything and SS only in desperate situations (like can't avoid an attack ex. Fire, Chain, Charge)

Preparation + Backup Plan (This rune will give u a 30% chance to recast it w/o cost, this will help you cast more SS)

my only complaint is

remove the SS recast cooldown (0.5s) that 0.5s is what kills us

this is a very cookie cutter build
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aRTVXj!YTe!YcZbZY

once u get to ACT 2 u might want to consider
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aRTVXY!YTe!YcZbZb

for kiting purposes
As a matter of fact for the mentioned Act 2 Build I find it extremely helpful with farming Maghda and the mobs leading up to her lair!!!
Edited by Alucard#1626 on 6/3/2012 4:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]