This is the build she should use throughout inferno:http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#afUdPQ!UWV!accZbb
This is why:
-Throughout Inferno you realize you die a lot, this build helps with survivability and dps.
-Your MAIN OBJECTIVE
as witch doctor is NOT TO GET HIT
and STACK INTELLIGENCE
, ATTACK SPEED
, MAX MANA
and MANA REGEN
This is so because your "damage indicator" in your character menu shows weapon dps. DONT WORRY ABOUT THAT BS. CONTINUE TO STACK INTEL
. But what it doesnt show you is that the higher your intelligence the more your offensive magic spells hit rather than your M1 offensive ability. In other words, Your splinters may suffer a tiny bit of damage loss while your bears turn into dropping an atom bomb on your opponents. Do not worry about stacking resistances past 200 because your goal, you guessed it... avoid everything.
-Splinters are op, because they cost very little mana and your damage bonus increase is higher than other low mana cost spells.
- Bears are awesome because they have the highest damage via an a.o.e. area where enemies will get pooped on.
- Spirit Walk is essential because you need an escape mechanism to NOT EVER GET HIT, plus its a good way to heal your self on down time.
-Soul harvest, well, lets say with 5 stacks in inferno increases your intelligence by 5k. Plus healing yourself every time you run into a group. Who wouldn't get this.
- Fetish army, give you a front line to hide behind with mobility and a high cd so your vq can proceed to give you mana without spamming all your buttons and try to keep vq up. Get legion of daggers because it gives you more minion which adds up to a higher dps amount.
- Big Bad Voodoo, self explanatory. Gives you damage increase while having a large cd so that your vq stays active. (I like Slam Dance but ghost trance is always nice)
Vision Quest, mana regen.... DUH
Pierce the Veil, increase damage while VQ gives you mana so there is essentially not really a loss at all for more damage. A necessity.
Spirit Vessel, if you don't have this your just hurting yourself in the long run survivability wise.
-HOW TO PLAY:
1. Splinters to pull them towards you so they bunch together and to get some early hits on them.
2. Ghost walk when they are close so you can sneak into the middle of the group,
3. Hit soul harvest and run the heck outta there (or your efforts will be wasted),
4. Instantly pop voodoo and feitsh
5. Go to town on mobs with bears.
6. Have no mana? use the op-ness of splinters to peck away at opponents who might
remain, while vq regens your mana for bears (just remember to get everything on cooldown, use them at the right times.)
Your next "Dilemma"
if you do get hit and your in Spirit vessel form, run and grab some health globes quick or use a pot.