Diablo® III

Demon Hunter not cutting it on Hell Mode

I'm lvl 52
My DMG is 5974
my armor is 1814
and I am used a bow with 294 DPG

Barely on act one, and I'm getting my butt kicked. What. The Heck.

What armor should I be looking at and what minimum Dexterity should I have on my amor & Ect? This is getting ridiculous
Reply Quote
What build are you running?
Reply Quote
your DMG is very low. I'm lvl 51 on the Act IV of Nightmare and have 9215 DPS.
Reply Quote
Check your skills. Hell mode is easily doable as a Demon Hunter. Hell mode is where some skills start to lose their viability though.
Reply Quote
Grandes > Cluster
Rapid Fire > Fire Support
Caltrops > Tortrous Ground
Vault > Rattling Roll
Smoke Screen > Lingering Fog
Shadow Power > Gloom

Grenadier, Steady Aim, Archery
Reply Quote
The "T" button goes hard in the paint
Reply Quote
Any recommended weapons?
Recommended stats on armor?
Reply Quote
Some of your abilities are really bad. Use hungering arrow with shatter / devouring, impale for single target, what's the power of shadow power and gloom if you're using smokescreen? Throw in an AoE damage ability like multishot. Pick up preparation for extra discipline (read: more smoke screens). Also, upgrade your gear.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Grandes > Cluster
Rapid Fire > Fire Support
Caltrops > Tortrous Ground
Vault > Rattling Roll
Smoke Screen > Lingering Fog
Shadow Power > Gloom

Grenadier, Steady Aim, Archery

Your build is kind of bad.

Try something like;
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aRXVdY!YeT!YaZcba
Reply Quote
What's the minimum dexterity / vitality I should have on my armor? I have a pretty good bow & quiver.

All of my armor has at least 90 Dexterity, but not that much vitality.
Reply Quote
Lol I'm a level 56 DH and I have 14k DMG in the later part of act 2 and I'm still dying a lot. I'm at a total of 1.25k dex.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
need more dmg. buy some better gear off the AH. i'm 53 and am right at 10k dmg.

I just discovered that the evasive fire rune that makes you shoot three arrows is REALLY strong, try using that.
Reply Quote
not sure why you're having that much trouble. I'm 52 using 2 hand bows and my dps is 5759 without sharpshooter up, 11,498 with it at 100%. I use Templar as my companion, cull the weak, sharpshooter and archery as my passives, elemental arrow with frost rune as my primary attack because it one shots alot of stuff and snares almost the whole screen, grenades with tinkerer rune to build hatred when I need it as my secondary, caltrops with torturous ground for oh !@#$ moments, smoke screen with lingering fog, preparation with battle scars and ferret companion for the hell of it. My build isn't quite the cookie cutter build, and I'm sure people would find plenty of fault with it but it works for me.
Reply Quote
Oh my, just wait untill you get into act 2-3. You will love the DH then. Dieing every other 20 seconds to normal mobs that instently teloport attack you >.<
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]