Diablo® III

Krip goin for Belial Inferno RIGHT NOW!

The amount of immaturity in this thread is crazy and pathetic. If it was so easy to 'exploit' the game, then why is he the only one we've seen manage to kill Belial, despite a delayed start due to all his softcore play? I don't care if he bought gold -- there's very little to buy at that level of progression, anyway. If you watched his stream, you saw him put in days farming act 1 and act 2 goblins for the bulk of the gear he has now, with a SMALL group of friends. He plays extremely cautious with a build that he refined through softcore. Obviously, he knows the gearing points to clear what he's trying. If you all are so sore about the way he beat Kulle, do you really think he would have been unable to without that? Give respect where it's due. 99.9% of you, in the same scenario, would have either died by now or given up because goblin farming bored you to death.
Reply Quote
What about the gear switching macro? I believe Blizzard says its not ok to use but
he uses it anyway. (You will notice his helm switches looks frequently during fights.)

For those who say macro's are ok let me give you some food for thought.

Monks can chain 17 seconds of invulnerability* into every 17 seconds.
An automatic macro could go a long way in letting a monk do many things
very very under geared. Many of the people who use macro's have things
that randomize the timing of key strokes so the providing companies have
difficulty detecting the fact one is using a macro. If someone goes to
those lengths to hide something they are doing, that's an indication that
they feel what they are doing is cheating.

There is a reason blizzard requires one key stroke for one action. Do we really
want the world first players to eventually be pressing a single button and
watching a computer beat a boss? That's called a simulation.
One day we will be saying "may the best programmer win!".

Blizzard needs to draw a very clear line in the sand and use the dagger
when someone crosses it. This is for the good of the community.

This is more of a general set of comments, they are not directly targeted at Krip,
although Krip does seem to cross the line.
Reply Quote
He switches gear in fights? Did you watch the Belial kill? He had nothing in his inventory besides another set of fast run boots and heal pots. Nice switching there?

Blizzard in other games made it easy to change gear, one button save change in WoW. They altered the game to make it more CONVENIENT.
Reply Quote
He switches gear while farming.
Reply Quote
This is awesome news. Congrats to the Kripp and to our community in general for this being done. Sad to see so much whining in this thread, but w/e.
Reply Quote
06/05/2012 02:44 PMPosted by Galf
The amount of immaturity in this thread is crazy and pathetic. If it was so easy to 'exploit' the game, then why is he the only one we've seen manage to kill Belial, despite a delayed start due to all his softcore play? I don't care if he bought gold -- there's very little to buy at that level of progression, anyway. If you watched his stream, you saw him put in days farming act 1 and act 2 goblins for the bulk of the gear he has now, with a SMALL group of friends. He plays extremely cautious with a build that he refined through softcore. Obviously, he knows the gearing points to clear what he's trying. If you all are so sore about the way he beat Kulle, do you really think he would have been unable to without that? Give respect where it's due. 99.9% of you, in the same scenario, would have either died by now or given up because goblin farming bored you to death.

While I'm all with this post, I only didn't like how the reference to his steadfastness (probably a pretty apt description) of his tight group's goblin farming made it sound like the way to go. [For him and what he's doing, yeah] Yes, they did it for a long time very diligently, but this is absolutely not the only way to make Acts 2/3/4 Inferno feasibly completable.

It's just his style, his approach; he does it well, it is working for him, and it will continue to work, and he'll be world first at whatever his goal is cause that is his style.
Edited by supafrench#1240 on 6/5/2012 3:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
He uses the same !@#$ kungen does to prevent dieing, when %^-* gets hairy he just pauses the game and d/c's himself using another computer. That's the exploit everyone is talking about. It basically removes the risk of death from hardcore.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
That's disgusting if true--the 3rd party d/c--and anyone trying to claim world first should be stripped of everything. It doesn't surprise me, this game has had catastrophic exploits people have used for days before it's caught out and fixed. Let alone macro swapping gear depending on what mobs are coming, that itself should be a ban if caught.
Edited by Desalien#6359 on 6/5/2012 4:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Kripp is the best in the world at the moment if you factor in the time it took for him to get there.

There are a few select Asian groups in ACT 3 Inferno right now but no one is close to Act 4.
Reply Quote
Awesome! Congrats!
Reply Quote
Kungen died in an easily avoidable way yet you still qq?
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
What this guy did is amazing. WHo cares if he macro swaps his gear while farming, not really cheating imo. The 3rd party disconnect is definately cheating though. I've watched Kungen come very close to death many times and never seen him dc himself though. Kripp I dont know about. Anyways, GG dude.
Reply Quote
06/05/2012 05:49 AMPosted by Xpose
Why would I openly tell people the exploits?

bahahah butthurt 1400
Reply Quote
Who ever spread this rumor about the 3rd party DC is dumb. It still adds 10seconds to your timer. Seriously, go test it. Make a lvl 1 hardcore character and run him into a pack of zombies and try it. You dont survive.

People just make !@#$ up left and right out of jealously, its rediculous.
Reply Quote
06/05/2012 04:16 PMPosted by Aravis
He uses the same !@#$ kungen does to prevent dieing, when %^-* gets hairy he just pauses the game and d/c's himself using another computer. That's the exploit everyone is talking about. It basically removes the risk of death from hardcore.

Did Blizzard confirm that this will be fixed ASAP to not work anymore? This seems to remove any point of playing HC.
Reply Quote
How the hell do you DC yourself from another computer? By logging onto your account or something? Seems like it wouldn't work?
Reply Quote
06/05/2012 06:42 PMPosted by Spud
How the hell do you DC yourself from another computer? By logging onto your account or something? Seems like it wouldn't work?

I imagine it kicks you off if you log into the same character twice. D2 worked that way and that seems like an unlikely policy to change, unless they decide to just block the second account login from selecting that character somehow. Although these days with the error people get about someone logging into your account, they might actually have started only allowing one login at a time from the same account, too.

But in any event, the macros are cheating for sure, and I think even getting your start in D3 gold by trading in botted D2 junk is also bigtime cheating. I like how everyone is so quick to forgive that, like if Bernie Madoff had just re-invested his stolen money real fast apparently it would have been ok with you guys. "Oh, what? No, no laws were broken. Supposedly he stole a ton of cash but all he has is this priceless art collection, so clearly everything is on the up and up." This kid sounds like a real chump.
Edited by DrDistracto#1375 on 6/5/2012 7:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It's so hilarious how you all avoid the real fact that he's a fking d2 botter, that is how he bought his gear, he almost nerver farmed for it... he killed belial with 70 hours of gameplay, do you honestly think that's enough time to farm goblin to get the gear he had, especially since he openly admited the fact he bought almost everything from d2jsp...
dam it, people are retarded here, just want believe magic without seeing what happens behind the scene
Reply Quote
Off forum buying gear has been a normal thing. Whether someone chooses to do it or not is their choice on how they approach the game.

Everyone can sit here and claim that he didn't do it legit, or he found loopholes, or other ideas, but the bottom line was that he decides how he plays the game.

-If you want to play the game and never use Kulle's failure bug and just shoot him across the screen, fine.
-If you want to play the game 0-60 with clearing the whole map all the time, fine.
-If you want to power level, farm the goblin for a few days, buy some items and have at it in HC, fine.

Is it a different style of play and are there other ways to play? Absolutely.

Can you set it to make it tougher for yourself? Not use any rare gear? How about not using potions? You can decide any of the limitations that YOU want. Krip chose to play his character the way he chose to play his character, and I haven't seen any exploits used. I've seen videos of him dying, same with Kungen, etc.

Not too sure what else you whining hardcore folks are about, if you want to claim you are in inferno in only blue gear, then FINE, PLAY THE WAY YOU WANT TO PLAY. When you down Belial in only blue gear, FINE, then make the statement. But to jump into a thread to bash someone on their choice on how they play the game without much proof of exploits is trolly/jelly/bad.

Please make your own thread with your own standards, and good luck trying to find a good supporting base. Sad e-peeners and e-whiners.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]