Diablo® III

Commodity Auctions Available

Community Manager
As many of you are aware, commodity trading on the auction house is in the process of being brought back online. We're activating the full functionality of this system incrementally in each region, so please be patient if some features are unavailable to you right now.

We had to keep commodity trading inactive longer than anticipated in order to add the hardware and system optimizations necessary to handle the overwhelming popularity of the gold auction house, and the number of trades that resulted. We understand the frustration this has caused many of you and apologize for the interruption of your entrepreneurial enterprises. Through ongoing functionality tests and the monitoring of systems performance, we'll continue working to make sure the auction house remains a stable place to buy and sell your goods.

When trading commodities again you'll also notice some functionality changes, namely:
  • Prices will fluctuate less frequently when performing repeated searches.
  • Gold will be refunded when buying a commodity if a less expensive offer was found by the auction house after the initial search was run.
  • Commodity error messages may appear when commodities found during a search become sold out before a buyout is confirmed.

We're excited to have commodity trading once again made available and hope to see a bustling economy soon. We'll also continue working to improve auction house functionality and appreciate your continued feedback!

Commodities on the Real-Money Auction House
As we prepare to launch the real-money auction house, we want to make sure that commodity trading remains quick and stable. To that end, it’s possible that the RMAH will launch with item trading only and commodities would come online at a later date. The team is hard at work getting commodities ready for trading with real-world currency and plans to activate this feature as soon as is feasible, whether or not that aligns with its initial release.
Edited by Zarhym on 6/8/2012 12:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/08/2012 09:41 AMPosted by Kaivax
Gold will be refunded when buying a commodity if a less expensive offer was found by the auction house after the initial search was run.

So if I'm understanding this correctly, the gold refunded will be the difference?
Reply Quote
06/08/2012 09:53 AMPosted by ReKK
Gold will be refunded when buying a commodity if a less expensive offer was found by the auction house after the initial search was run.

So if I'm understanding this correctly, the gold refunded will be the difference?

No, you'll get all your gold back and get the item for free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
Yay already got some cheap gems yesterday. Flawless squares in all my sockets at Nightmare, hell yeah!
Reply Quote
06/08/2012 09:53 AMPosted by ReKK

Yes.
Reply Quote
I was so happy when I saw gems back on the AH a couple days ago. Thank you!
Reply Quote
I appreciate this feedback.
Reply Quote
Sometimes I just dont understand Blizzard.

US Hardcore auction house has had commodity trading active since the AH was brought online after maintenance on Wednesday. I can't speak for the other regions or game mode, but I believe everyone has been able to access this feature. This post is only 2 days late.
Edited by Maligannt#1215 on 6/8/2012 10:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
it’s very possible that the RMAH will launch without commodity trading enabled.

Does this mean the future of gold auction might be diminished?
Edited by KingBenjamin#1485 on 6/8/2012 10:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
So in other words, high volumes screwed over the system.

Does that mean we got "Nasdaq'd"? (in the sense of how things went for Facebook's IPO, lol)
Reply Quote
Cool.
Reply Quote
If a gem was vastly overpriced, would it still be shown eventually in the search engine?
Reply Quote
Sometimes I just dont understand Blizzard.

US Hardcore auction house has had commodity trading active since the AH was brought online after maintenance on Wednesday. I can't speak for the other regions or game mode, but I believe everyone has been able to access this feature. This post is only 2 days late.

Done on purpose, so only the people who really cared would try.. It allows them to monitor without flood/overload and essentially release in WAVES
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Please consider allowing us to place limit orders when buying commodities. It would help reduce the search spamming.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]