Diablo® III

Graphics Card not being recognized by monitor

I bought a Gigabyte branded GeForce GT 440. Something on the low end for $70 brand new.
I've always had a integrated chipset. First time ever buying a dedicated graphics card, so I might have screwed up somewhere.

Anyways, I have DX4822-01 Gateway Desktop.
The motherboard is below.
----------------------------------
06 - Motherboard
----------------------------------

0601 - Model : EG43M
0602 - Manufacturer : Gateway

Nothing has been changed except that I added this card.

Anyways I plugged in the card to my PCI Express Slot. Fit perfectly.
I then connected it to my Monitor which is a Gateway HX2000 through the DVI Ports.
Plug back in my computer. Turn it on. Graphics card fan is going. But my monitor is idle. It isn't detecting the Card.

Any help would be appreciated.
I'm sorry if the answer is obvious. I'm totally oblivious to dedicated graphics cards.

If I need to buy anything else to make this work let me know( Even if it is a "Learn how not to be a Noob with computers" Guide. :P )
Edited by Onelastsin#1229 on 6/9/2012 1:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It sounds like the BIOS is configured to use the on-board video card as the default device. You might want to dig around in the BIOS to see if you can change the default to the PCI-E card.

From the user guide: "Press Del when starting your computer to enter the BIOS. This controls the hardware of your computer."
http://support.gateway.com/s/desktop/2009/gateway/dx/dx4822/DX4822ul.shtml

I don't know much about your particular BIOS so I am sorry that I cannot help you any further; but I hope this helps.

Just noticed this was posted on the 9th. Did you get it all figured out?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]