Diablo® III

Why cant i run 2 Diablo 3 games same comp?

I have 2 battle.net accounts with Diablo 3 yet, I can't run two games at the same time.

I can have as many WoW accounts going as I want.

Is there a way to get two running at the same time on the same computer?
Reply Quote
this is against the terms.. its considered cheating for multiple reasons
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
I smell a flame war on the horizon.
Reply Quote
Kind of dumb but oh well, I have two comps.
Reply Quote
navigate to your d3 folder, find the diablo 3.exe file (not the launcher) create a shortcut to it.right click the shortcut, and at the target add at the very end " -launch" without quotations.grats, ur running 2 d3s on the same computer.

I will give this a shot thank you (:
Reply Quote
Ok
Reply Quote
View profile
06/11/2012 10:21 PMPosted by Fb62
this is against the terms.. its considered cheating for multiple reasons

Blizzard allows multiboxing, read into it before commenting on matters :p
Reply Quote
06/11/2012 10:27 PMPosted by Saabi
nope, they patched it. i just tried it.

in that case the only way to do it is to have a pretty beefy computer and run a virtual machine OS or sandboxie setup to have two instances of the game running that can't be aware of each other....
Reply Quote
8 Troll Shaman
My son and I have accounts and we can not play at the same time. Seems stupid.
Reply Quote
Yeah it does suck. My buddy will come over and wants to give me stuff he's found. So there is no way to trade from his character to mine. We work opposite hours except during the occasional Sunday. Its a pain. Its not like you can just click "follow" like on WoW.
Reply Quote
Botting.
Reply Quote
Because Jay Wilson said that it's not fun.
Reply Quote
Sandboxie

/thread
Reply Quote
06/12/2012 01:32 PMPosted by Löranna
My son and I have accounts and we can not play at the same time. Seems stupid.

Are you and your son trying to play on the same computer?
Reply Quote
Hopefully I don't get the banned for saying this but I do this with my wife since I built a new AMD 8 core desktop specifically to play this game before release. Problem was my budget is tight but we both wanted to play together so here is how I play Diablo 3 with her.

I have two copies of windows 7 ultimate x64 one installed normally and the other installed using VMware workstation. I have two monitors, keyboards, and mice. Install diablo 3 on both the VM and the host operating system. Then change the network adapter to bridge.

Once that is complete you will want to install VMware tools and dedicate your usb keyboard and mouse that your VM will use. The reason for this is to give independent control of the VM using the keyboard and mouse without moving the host operating system mouse and keyboard.

Once that is complete you might want to fullscreen the VM to the second monitor and then your set! There is some values you might want to play with when it comes to graphic settings, sound, and Processor power given to the VM but overall we both play with 0 hardware lag and right next to each other. If you are interested in a formal step by step guide I will consider writing one if I know its going to be used.
Reply Quote
For reference my system is an 8-core AMD bulldozer with an ASUS Crosshair V formula board, 8Gb ram, 48" LED LCD samsung TV, Crappy 19" LCD (wife makes me use this instead of the TV!), 2 - USB keyboards, 2 USB mice, VMware workstation latest version, Win7 x64 ultimate for VM and host, and I can't remember the video card I'm using atm because I go through them like dirty socks but its middle of the road nothing top of the line, Cherryville intel ssd 60Gb ssd drives.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]