Diablo® III

RIP Abraxis - 55 Monk

Died on Hell diff - Act I just outside of Leoric's manor. I had left the game there earlier inside the manor. When I resumed game I spawned outside the manor in the middle of an elite pack. Before I knew what was going on, I had been frozen a couple times and lost most of my health. I popped a potion, hit mantra of healing and tempest rushed out of the pack. Attempted to run back through the highlands with the elites chasing me, but all of the Khazra had respawned. Made it through the highlands to the bottom of the map, using tempest rush to get by a number of the mobs. By now I had a herd of them after me. I eventually ran down a dead end and got trapped by the herd. Had almost no spirit from using tempest rush. Popped Serenity and started attacking to build back up some spirit. When my health was almost gone and I had built back up a little spirit, I attempted to tempest rush back through the pack, but ran out of spirit half-way through.

Now that it's over and if I would have been thinking clearly, I could have just ran into Leoric's manor. But I panicked spawning into the elites and ran the other way. Blizzard - please examine the location of elite spawns in relation to splayer spawns. Not blaming Blizzard, but it sucks to die in such a way. :(
Reply Quote
Yea that useful and convenient "Resume Game" feature is a murderer for HC.

RIP Abraxis
Reply Quote
Yeah, I know I won't be doing the resume game function again anytime soon. :)
Reply Quote
RIP bro but there has been a TON of posts on this forum about NEVER using the Resume button
Reply Quote
RIP! Resume game should be greyed out for a HC character! Not worth the risk.
Reply Quote
Died on Hell diff - Act I just outside of Leoric's manor. I had left the game there earlier inside the manor. When I resumed game I spawned outside the manor in the middle of an elite pack.

This is how my 57 Wiz died. NEVER PRESS RESUME GAME IN HARDCORE. EVER.
Reply Quote

Or they should just you know, resume you in town.
Reply Quote
Yea I dislike the move away from Waypoints being the true checkpoints and you starting in town every time. This whole checkpoint system is just annoying for hardcore. I do tend to make mental note of each checkpoint and try to get to a safe one before logging off. You can pretty much tell what checkpoints you don't want to resume and what ones you can but it's a pain in the !@# to keep track of all your chars and their checkpoints.
Edited by ZtruK#1694 on 6/1/2012 10:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Died on Hell diff - Act I just outside of Leoric's manor. I had left the game there earlier inside the manor. When I resumed game I spawned outside the manor in the middle of an elite pack. Before I knew what was going on, I had been frozen a couple times and lost most of my health. I popped a potion, hit mantra of healing and tempest rushed out of the pack. Attempted to run back through the highlands with the elites chasing me, but all of the Khazra had respawned. Made it through the highlands to the bottom of the map, using tempest rush to get by a number of the mobs. By now I had a herd of them after me. I eventually ran down a dead end and got trapped by the herd. Had almost no spirit from using tempest rush. Popped Serenity and started attacking to build back up some spirit. When my health was almost gone and I had built back up a little spirit, I attempted to tempest rush back through the pack, but ran out of spirit half-way through.

Now that it's over and if I would have been thinking clearly, I could have just ran into Leoric's manor. But I panicked spawning into the elites and ran the other way. Blizzard - please examine the location of elite spawns in relation to splayer spawns. Not blaming Blizzard, but it sucks to die in such a way. :(

This spawning-story is very bad. Im sorry for your char. (damn blizz!!!!)

RIP
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Same here bro, RIP! but thanks for posting, this is the first thread I read about "Resuming" being dangerous, so thanks for lettin' us know!
Edited by JeftahX#1754 on 6/1/2012 10:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
06/01/2012 10:27 AMPosted by Elfulanito
Same here bro, RIP! but thanks for posting, this is the first thread I read about "Resuming" being dangerous, so thanks for lettin' us know!

+1 I either won't do it (when I'm not 8-10 levels above content) or I will always end a session when the resume will bring me into town.
Reply Quote
dear diary,

today i learned to NEVER EVER PRESS RESUME GAME EVAR!!!!!! :(
Reply Quote
Thanks guys. Yes, I have learned my lesson. :)
Reply Quote
That never even occurred to me - I mean I've got the old WoW habit of logging out in town (in D3's case, after a 'safe' checkpoint), so I haven't run into the "Resume in the field" issue - but I might have, so thanks for posting. :)
Reply Quote
06/01/2012 09:12 AMPosted by Shipley
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]