Diablo® III

Was Diablo 3 copied from this game?!?

85 Human Paladin
I found where Blizzard got all their ideas for Diablo 3:

In 1985...10 years before you were born....when your mom was still cheerleading in highschool....a few men had a vision for the future. Their vision came to be known as GAUNTLET the arcade. While Gauntlet crushed Street Fighter and Double Dragon at the arcade...Blizzard saw an opportunity for gold...in real life....and they capitalized on it!
http://youtu.be/7mMJio2MO6w
Edited by Kaine#1536 on 6/1/2012 8:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
88 Human Paladin
Hi sexy!
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
06/01/2012 08:36 AMPosted by Cynisism
Hi sexy!

where's your helm?
Reply Quote
Valkyrie shot the food. Real terror.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
The Warrior has the exact same weapon throw as in the game....and i couldnt help but notice minions spawning from the stacks of dead bodies
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
06/01/2012 08:40 AMPosted by Valor
OP redirected us to a phishing site, his account is compromised and being used by a hacker

Jesus dude...its just Gauntlet the arcade...relaxe
Reply Quote
Valkyrie is about to die.

One of my favorite terms from that game.

Played it often
Reply Quote
I found where Blizzard got all their ideas for Diablo 3:

In 1985...10 years before you were born....when your mom was still cheerleading in highschool....a few men had a vision for the future. Their vision came to be known as GAUNTLET the arcade. While Gauntlet crushed Street Fighter and Double Dragon at the arcade...Blizzard saw an opportunity for gold...in real life....and they capitalized on it!
http://youtu.be/7mMJio2MO6w

Yes, every dungeon grawler game ever is copied from a 30 year old arcade game. It's not like Gauntlet is basically multiplayer Rogue with better graphics, which in turn is basically D&D on a computer.
Reply Quote
Yeah, cause Gauntlet was the first dungeon crawler :/
Reply Quote
"10 years before you were born..."... Are you a wizard? Nah but I love Guantlet one of my favorite games I used to play in my youth. (Well Guantlet Legends on the Dreamcast.)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]